Go power solar controller app? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Go power solar controller app?

For those of you with newer trailer that has the Bluetooth version of the solar controller do you have any feedback on the app . I like to know how user friendly it is and if it allows you to make changes to the unit that could not be made at the control panel?
This is what go power list on there website

Using Go Power! Connect, you can connect to your PWM-30-UL controller to:
    • Set the battery type and charging profile
    • Turn your compatible Go Power! ISW Inverter on or off
    • Toggle Maximum Power Boost mode
    • View essential battery stats, including:
      • Battery Voltage
      • PV Charging Current
      • Battery State of Charge (SOC)
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
I was not aware there was an app for Go Power but I checked the Play Store and there is. The reviews I saw were uniformly bad. Most complain simply that it doesn't work and seldom connects. This review is one example "The app crashes everytime I try to connect to the unit. Totally useless and a waste of my time."
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
I was not aware there was an app for Go Power but I checked the Play Store and there is. The reviews I saw were uniformly bad. Most complain simply that it doesn't work and seldom connects. This review is one example "The app crashes everytime I try to connect to the unit. Totally useless and a waste of my time."

yes the new escape units have the Bluetooth version of go power controller. from the reviews seems to be some connecting problems, maybe they get this fixed. mine will be installed inside the bench seat. I requested that so if i want i can change controllers . being its out of sight it be nice to use the Bluetooth app. maybe someone with a new trailer will jump in.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #4

We have a 2019 E21 with the Go Power GP-PWM-30-UL solar controller/charger/inverter. The Go Power website indicates that this model is Bluetooth enabled so I will download the app to my Android phone and see if I can get it to work reliably. I found a document on the Go Power website that discusses pairing the phone with the Go Power controller. Seems like it should work. https://support.gpelectric.com/kb/ar...ection-issues/
Old 05-07-2020, 11:31 AM   #5

Quote:
We have a 2019 E21 with the Go Power GP-PWM-30-UL solar controller/charger/inverter. The Go Power website indicates that this model is Bluetooth enabled so I will download the app to my Android phone and see if I can get it to work reliably. I found a document on the Go Power website that discusses pairing the phone with the Go Power controller. Seems like it should work. https://support.gpelectric.com/kb/ar...ection-issues/

They us the same model number for the Bluetooth and non Bluetooth versionGP-PWM-30-UL I think it just depends on date of manufacturing. I not sure how you tell the difference. I assume there be some Bluetooth symbol units that have it
Old 05-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #6

NY Hillbilly, On the front face of the controller, there is a USB port and next to that is the Bluetooth symbol. That is how I can tell that our unit is Bluetooth & USB enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
They us the same model number for the Bluetooth and non Bluetooth versionGP-PWM-30-UL I think it just depends on date of manufacturing. I not sure how you tell the difference. I assume there be some Bluetooth symbol units that have it
Old 05-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
NY Hillbilly, On the front face of the controller, there is a USB port and next to that is the Bluetooth symbol. That is how I can tell that our unit is Bluetooth & USB enabled.

Oh good you can be the first one to do a review after you get it up and running.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:15 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 21C 2020
We have the Bluetooth version of Gopower control and it connected via Bluetooth fine for a day, but now won’t connect. Have tried reinstalling app, rebooting, nothing works. Anyone else have this problem?
AKRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRogers View Post
We have the Bluetooth version of Gopower control and it connected via Bluetooth fine for a day, but now won’t connect. Have tried reinstalling app, rebooting, nothing works. Anyone else have this problem?
The short answer is yes. The long answer that I had typed up with some information and links was lost when the forum logged me out before I could post it. I guess were on some kind of timer here. But yeah, my experience is similar to yours with the faulty Go Power app.
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
No timer here, I've been logged in for months.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
No timer here, I've been logged in for months.
If I don't stay active on the site, I'll get logged off within about 10 minutes. I've had to re-login 3 or 4 times in the last couple of hours today. I'm using a windows machine with Chrome web browser if that makes any difference.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #12

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Mike View Post
If I don't stay active on the site, I'll get logged off within about 10 minutes. I've had to re-login 3 or 4 times in the last couple of hours today. I'm using a windows machine with Chrome web browser if that makes any difference.
Are you checking the "Remember Me" box on the log in screen?

If not, log out, check it and check back in. That works for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Old 11-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Same setup as me. You did check the Remember me box, right? That's all I can think of.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #14

Ronn and padlin, I'll give it a try and let you guys know if it works.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #15

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
I have not had any success connecting the app on my Android phone with the GoPower. Mine searches, then appears to connect for a second, and then it says "no device found".
Wish it would work, maybe they will fix their app some day.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #16

Update. Just for the heck of it, I tried one of my old Android phones with Android 7.0. It worked!
Unfortunately my newer Android 10 phone does not work with the GoPower App, so I suspect they have not updated the app to work with newer operating systems.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #17

Trailer: 2020 21NE
I use the app and haven't had any problems connecting with it or getting it running. I'm on Android 11.

As far as the app goes I suspect it will fill your needs. I find the information displayed to be a bit underwhelming and wish it would show historical data but it does allow me to see current state and turn on the inverter, which is all I've tried to do with it.

I like your idea of mounting the controller inside the bench, wish I had thought of that.
tacchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #18

Thumbs up

A quick follow up to my earlier post on this thread.

First, thanks to Ronn and padlin for reminding me to click on the Remember Me option while logging in on the forum. That fixed my problem.

Next, I followed the instructions from Go Power on how to perform a Hard Reset on my PWM 30 solar controller. That has fixed the problem with connectivity with the app. Hopefully, I won't have to do that again.

So.. for now, all is good.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post

For those of you with newer trailer that has the Bluetooth version of the solar controller do you have any feedback on the app . I like to know how user friendly it is and if it allows you to make changes to the unit that could not be made at the control panel?
This is what go power list on there website

Using Go Power! Connect, you can connect to your PWM-30-UL controller to:
    • Set the battery type and charging profile
    • Turn your compatible Go Power! ISW Inverter on or off
    • Toggle Maximum Power Boost mode
    • View essential battery stats, including:
      • Battery Voltage
      • PV Charging Current
      • Battery State of Charge (SOC)
It completely suxs. Mine Samsung Galaxy S8 connected worked for a few days and then failed to reconnect again. GoPower's hard reset 'solution', is for you to either cover the solar panels or at night, completely disconnect the controller from all wires, to reset the controller. They make no assurances how long that 'solution' will continue working.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #20

Another update. I followed GoPowers instructions to make my newest phone "forget" all the bluetooth connections it had in memory, and start fresh.
This time, my newest phone connected and has been able to reconnect the last two days, so hopefully I'm good to go with three different phones now. No hard reset required for me.
About the only thing I plan to use the app for is to reset the counters when I want to check performance on a single day, or perhaps a power boost once in awhile.