honey wagon advice - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 02:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21NE
honey wagon advice

Hello again!
Still on our maiden voyage with our 21ne and we’re learning a ton!

One thing we’ve learned is that with our style of camping we need a honey wagon for our gray water tank. (We dont use the black tank)

Any recommendations for a brand, size, and way to attach it to our 21ne when traveling?

I know this must be a repeat thread but with the search tools on here i couldnt find relevant posts.

Thanks very much!
TravelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMama View Post
Hello again!

One thing we’ve learned is that with our style of camping we need a honey wagon for our gray water tank. (We dont use the black tank)

Any recommendations for a brand, size, and way to attach it to our 21ne when traveling?

I know this must be a repeat thread but with the search tools on here i couldnt find relevant posts.

Thanks very much!
What is your tow vehicle?? If a pickup, you could put one in the bed, such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Portabl...4976812&sr=8-1

There are also smaller 6 gallon totes that could ride on your trailer floor while you’re in transit. Others have installed a small carrier on the back of their trailer that fits in the receiver and put a tote there.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 21NE
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
What is your tow vehicle?? If a pickup, you could put one in the bed, such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Portabl...4976812&sr=8-1

There are also smaller 6 gallon totes that could ride on your trailer floor while you’re in transit. Others have installed a small carrier on the back of their trailer that fits in the receiver and put a tote there.
We’re towing with Ford F150 but when traveling we’ve got it loaded with supplies so Im thinking we need to attach it to the back of the trailer itself, i just dont know how? Right now, we’re using collapsible 6gallon water containers (used only for grey water) and we’d like to have something bigger so we dont have to dump as often.
TravelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMama View Post
Hello again!

Thanks very much!

If you don't use the black tank at all. you could dump some grey water in there.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
This might give you some ideas. Never liked the look of a waste tote on the back of a trailer. Underneath is a much better solution.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post368019
Old 03-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Honey wagon advice

We have a barker ind. 25 gallon 4 wheel tank.I made 2 brackets to go over the rear bumper and attached camco carrier brackets to them. Works great and has enough clearance between it and the trailer.
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote