low height pull down faucet? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
low height pull down faucet?

We're on the hunt for a pull down faucet that isn't too tall (under12") and will work with a bar sink. Selection seems pretty limited.

They have to be out there somewhere??

Greg
Old 02-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I got the Blanco Torino, Jr. faucet off Amazon. Mind you, we don't have our trailer, so I don't know how it'll work in real life, but it's low and it'll fit the Blanco sink we ordered through Pioneer. The Junior style of faucet wasn't available in Canada, so I bought it and will haul it up to ETI when the time comes.

It comes in other colors, besides the black (anthracite) that I got - biscotti, truffle, cafe brown, cinder and maybe something else. It measures a smidge over 6" high and has a reach of 7.75". My husband printed out to scale the side view Blanco has on their web site and I plunked it over an area the same size as the sink and it looks like it'll work just fine.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QLCOTO/...+torino+faucet
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
I found this "RV" faucet online for our 21: Brushed Nickel Single Handle Pull Down Hybrid Kitchen Faucet with Spray Shut-of

I ordered it through O'Connor RV in Chilliwack: RV Dealership near Abbotsford l New & Used Motorhomes l O'Connor RV

They then delivered it to Escape. Hopefully, I will see how it turned out in a few weeks.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I got the Blanco Torino, Jr. faucet off Amazon. Mind you, we don't have our trailer, so I don't know how it'll work in real life, but it's low and it'll fit the Blanco sink we ordered through Pioneer. The Junior style of faucet wasn't available in Canada, so I bought it and will haul it up to ETI when the time comes.

It comes in other colors, besides the black (anthracite) that I got - biscotti, truffle, cafe brown, cinder and maybe something else. It measures a smidge over 6" high and has a reach of 7.75". My husband printed out to scale the side view Blanco has on their web site and I plunked it over an area the same size as the sink and it looks like it'll work just fine.

Here's the link:

Thanks Laura. I'll order it and have a look.

We ordered one from Home Depot that turned into quite a comedy. Apparently it wasn't "California compliant" whatever the he*l that means so HD substituted another that was huge and reminded me of a fire hose nozzle. At 16" tall, we realized we really need to stay under 10-12" max.

We were just about to give up. Seems the faucet world has an amazing selection of faucets that are mostly alike. Hopefully this one will work.

Greg

Ps-got the LAST one! Thanks again.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
(snip) We were just about to give up. Seems the faucet world has an amazing selection of faucets that are mostly alike. Hopefully this one will work.

Greg

Ps-got the LAST one! Thanks again.
Yeah, I looked at a ton of faucets, both online and in person, before I found this one. I wanted something that wasn't as high as what others are using and I wanted a pullout style. I also didn't want stainless, which really limited me. I stumbled across this one when I was at the Blanco site, reading up about the sink I was ordering. And thought "well, lookie here, this is just what I want", had Dirk print out the diagram, tested it and then ordered it from Amazon. It's in my stash of stuff for the trailer. It looks really nice in person and I'm sure it'll look really nice in the trailer.

If you get yours installed before ours, be sure to let me know how it looks and works in the trailer. Ours isn't due until end of Dec (although we're hoping for earlier), but I'm busy getting stuff now.

And the silly thing costs more than the sink! But they're the same color so they'll look really nice together (I think!).

Glad I could help.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #6

We're going on the wild side, even adding a soap dispenser! Cooooool!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
I found this "RV" faucet online for our 21: Brushed Nickel Single Handle Pull Down Hybrid Kitchen Faucet with Spray Shut-of

I ordered it through O'Connor RV in Chilliwack: RV Dealership near Abbotsford l New & Used Motorhomes l O'Connor RV

They then delivered it to Escape. Hopefully, I will see how it turned out in a few weeks.
Looks much better to me than the blanco as it doesn't spray at about a 45 degree angle. Folks, these sinks are small.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Looks much better to me than the blanco as it doesn't spray at about a 45 degree angle. Folks, these sinks are small.
Ross, next time we're camping at MDO, you can come by and do the dishes to try it out!

Greg
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
That's funny- the newbies we met recently had similar dual plastic tubs we use in our sink. They said a family member gave it to them- calling it a dishwasher.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
That's funny- the newbies we met recently had similar dual plastic tubs we use in our sink. They said a family member gave it to them- calling it a dishwasher.
I know some Casita people who use a black plastic trough inside the trailer and call it a bathtub! For real!
Old 02-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
I know some Casita people who use a black plastic trough inside the trailer and call it a bathtub! For real!
I was a Casita people and DO use a trough, although outside the trailer, as a bathtub..............for the dogs!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
We're on the hunt for a pull down faucet that isn't too tall (under12") and will work with a bar sink. Selection seems pretty limited.

They have to be out there somewhere??

Greg
Hi Greggo,
I had quite a hard time getting a faucet that would work in my 17A. !st. try was a nice faucet ordered on line ... forget through Amazon I think .... turned out was ridiculous too tall. ETI did installation anyway ... then called me. Faucet was so tall that the single lever valve would hit my kitchen window before achievinging full open and handle wouldn't allow closure of window blind .... REJECT! Next try was a low angle single action faucet ... it fit size wise but wasn't installed until a couple days before my orientation .... ooops it leaked through the tap opening and was judged faulty. I'm trying to get Amazon to take it back ($80). Tammy suggested that I try their 2017 stock faucet .... brushed SS, removable spray end, single handle valve control. I said OK and I am pleased. Its a great looking and operating kitchen faucet ...., I'm pleased to have it! Wish I had a picture to share but I didn't take one. Best to ask Tammy for an image. I'm happy and would use this one again if I was going to start all over. That IS a recommendation!

Hope this helps you. Rease did tell me that they have never had so much trouble over a faucet. Sometimes the path to perfection takes a bit longer .. eh?

Tom
Old 03-01-2016, 02:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
(snip) Tammy suggested that I try their 2017 stock faucet .... brushed SS, removable spray end, single handle valve control. I said OK and I am pleased. Its a great looking and operating kitchen faucet ...., I'm pleased to have it! Tom
Hey, nice to know they changed their stock faucet. I'll bet lots of folks won't need to order their own faucet now. Wonder if that was the style many were ordering and they decided to go with the flow (HA!) and use that type in the future.

I'll still stick with the one we have stashed in the attic, awaiting a trip to ETI later this year.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:06 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have the stock plastic faucet that came with my 2008 Escape.
When I turn the tap, water comes out.
I'm not sure what all the angst is about.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
....... Tammy suggested that I try their 2017 stock faucet .... brushed SS, removable spray end, single handle valve control. I said OK and I am pleased. Its a great looking and operating kitchen faucet ...., I'm pleased to have it! Wish I had a picture to share but I didn't take one. ..... Tom
any chance you could post a few pics here, Tom?

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:01 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I'll have a look at my phone memory tomorrow. I think Tammy sent me one and I probably kept it. If I can find it I will post it.

Tom
Old 03-01-2016, 05:24 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Tammy suggested that I try their 2017 stock faucet .... brushed SS, removable spray end, single handle valve control.

Ooohh, another leak from the upcoming unveiling, new sink faucet. That was one of my peeves, the old style always ended up adding water to the counter top. Looking forward to the improvements.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
It'll be interesting to get the make and model. I would change to that from the 2 handle faucet in our 2014 19.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have the stock plastic faucet that came with my 2008 Escape.
When I turn the tap, water comes out.
I'm not sure what all the angst is about.
Old skool!

(Hint: happy wife, happy life!)
Old 03-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #20

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

Here's the link:

While I don't know about that particular faucet , I have found that with
low/pull out faucets ( though very attractive ) sometimes the hoses loosen and develop a little leak , not visible
looking at the faucet ( because of it's design ) - however becomes noticeable when there is a puddle in the cabinet below . For that reason I much prefer the higher goose neck type ......if the hose loosens it would drip down to the sink . the hoses are generally very easy to tighten - one just needs to know .....