low pressure propane quick connect - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
low pressure propane quick connect

If I get the propane quick connect option what would i have to Do to hook up to this table top grill
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-...tabletop+grill

Or would i better to get a 5lb tank

hmmm..
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You will have to eliminate the pressure regulator attached to the unit, I'd contact the grill manufacturer, they may provide a low pressure attachment or have one to purchase.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
looks to me like the regulator is part of the valve. I would just use 1 lb. cylinders and refill them or use the 5 lb. tank. I have a small Weber Q grill and I still use the small green cylinders. I think if I were full timing i would do something else though.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
As mentioned, you remove the high pressure regulator and adapt what is left to connect to the quick connect hose end. Here's a video on how to do it to a Weber Q grill. There are a million of them on utube, I just picked one. Note that when you remove the regulator on the Weber you still have the adjuster knob, this may not be true of all grills. Your chosen grill also needs to have a screw on regulator so you can match the threads, no idea if they are all the same. The video will give you the idea anyway.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If you are going to use 1lb. tanks, bring them with you or bring your Visa card. Plus tax, plus environmental fee.
I use a 10 lb. tank. Used to have a 5 lb. which was OK too. I like that I can put my BBQ wherever I like ( in the lee of the trailer when windy for instance ).
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I0 pound tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
If you are going to use 1lb. tanks, bring them with you or bring your Visa card.
I use a 10 lb. tank. Used to have a 5 lb. which was OK too. I like that I can put my BBQ wherever I like ( in the lee of the trailer when windy for instance ).
Glenn, as previously discussed I went to the bulk tank this past season and can’t say enough good about it. I like the portability, volume available, refill cost versus 1lb cylinder cost etc. Heard from one of my kids this summer “ Hey dad, do you have any little green tanks? “Nope, sorry I gave you my last ones”
Dave
Old 12-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
“ Hey dad, do you have any little green tanks? “Nope, sorry I gave you my last ones”
Dave
Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You will have to eliminate the pressure regulator attached to the unit, I'd contact the grill manufacturer, they may provide a low pressure attachment or have one to purchase.
I check with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
looks to me like the regulator is part of the valve. I would just use 1 lb. cylinders and refill them or use the 5 lb. tank. I have a small Weber Q grill and I still use the small green cylinders. I think if I were full timing i would do something else though.
Yes the valve and regulator is one part
Old 12-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
ETI LP hose connection

I have two 20 pound tanks connected to my bbq through the ETI supplied LP hose. Funny thing, it never seems to run out.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
On my Dickinson BBQ I swapped out the regulator/valve for a simple volume control. One my Camp Chef stove and Outland fire pit, I just easily removed the existing regulator and hose. Each appliance got a male QC.

I know others scoff at this, but I just love the setup. I can have any two of the three appliances running at one time, and at 27-30 ' from the trailer connection.

I have used the little green bottles a lot in the past, and have come to loathe them. Regardless of the fact they are expensive and environmentally unfriendly, they also seem to run out mid grilling, and sometimes to find that I just used the last one.

If not going with the LP QC, I would bring an extra tank and hoses, though with either of these last two methods storage of the bottles is more of an issue than storage of my hoses.

Though, as long as the food gets cooked and tastes good, all is well.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #11

I also modified our Weber Q grill to accept the quick connect, as well as our Honda EU2000 generator. I like standardizing things, and the wonderful benefits: No gasoline to deal with, no little Propane bottles to deal with, etc,...

You DO have to have the correct hoses with the quick connect connectors though...Don't forget those !
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I talked to them they don't sell that option. But I did find this one
https://jet.com/product/detail/4e8f4...xoCSrUQAvD_BwE

I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ? I know with air fitting ever manufacture seems to make sure they will not interchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
On my Dickinson BBQ I swapped out the regulator/valve for a simple volume control. One my Camp Chef stove and Outland fire pit, I just easily removed the existing regulator and hose. Each appliance got a male QC.

I know others scoff at this, but I just love the setup. I can have any two of the three appliances running at one time, and at 27-30 ' from the trailer connection.

I have used the little green bottles a lot in the past, and have come to loathe them. Regardless of the fact they are expensive and environmentally unfriendly, they also seem to run out mid grilling, and sometimes to find that I just used the last one.

If not going with the LP QC, I would bring an extra tank and hoses, though with either of these last two methods storage of the bottles is more of an issue than storage of my hoses.

Though, as long as the food gets cooked and tastes good, all is well.
when you say simple volume control do you mean just a valve. I dint think of that but it would work fine.

when you get the ETI quick connect does that come with a hose?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #13

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
propane hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post

I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ? I know with air fitting ever manufacture seems to make sure they will not interchange

when you say simple volume control do you mean just a valve. I dint think of that but it would work fine.

Yes comes with a 12 foot hose with quick connect to hook to the trailer one end and a 3/8" female flare fitting on the other end.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
There are low pressure propane fittings and high pressure propane fittings and although they have the same external profile, the internal passageways are not the same and are not compatible. Be sure to purchase low pressure fittings. Tejas Smokers (Google it) is a good source, though a bit pricey, for propane hoses and fittings. Like Jim, I can run two appliances and am able to use the Campfire-in-a-Can up to 35-feet away from the trailer.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
If I get the propane quick connect option what would i have to Do to hook up to this table top grill
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-...tabletop+grill

Or would i better to get a 5lb tank

hmmm..
Magma makes grills for marine and rv use. Here is their low pressure conversion valve...

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-Product...SIN=B0018Y6SZS
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I have no idea what the link was supposed to lead to (presumably a hose of some sort), but it doesn't work for me (and I'm not surprised, since it is full of codes that probably don't make sense except on the computer where it was saved).

Was there a manufacturer and part number for this?

Quote:
I almost sure that end will work on grill, but are the quick connect fittings all the same ?
Yes, all of the low-pressure propane quick-disconnect fittings in North America (regardless of brand) are the same... but they're different from high-pressure fittings, and different from fittings for natural gas. This style is often called a "Model 250", because one of the manufacturers calls it that.

Quote:
The hose which ETI supplies has a quick-disconnect plug (male fitting) on one end (to go into the outlet on the trailer), and a 3/8" female SAE flare fitting on the other end (intended to be left attached to the appliance, but could be adapted to other fittings.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #17

Quote:
It's just a valve, but it need to fit the appliance (Smoke Hollow grill in this case), and it needs to be suitable for controlling propane flow at low pressure. The valve used by Jim Bennett and the one from Magma are both specifically intended for this purpose, but neither of them would likely fit directly on the Smoke Hollow grill.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I have no idea what the link was supposed to lead to (presumably a hose of some sort), but it doesn't work for me (and I'm not surprised, since it is full of codes that probably don't make sense except on the computer where it was saved).

Was there a manufacturer and part number for this?

Yes, all of the low-pressure propane quick-disconnect fittings in North America (regardless of brand) are the same... but they're different from high-pressure fittings, and different from fittings for natural gas. This style is often called a "Model 250", because one of the manufacturers calls it that.

The hose which ETI supplies has a quick-disconnect plug (male fitting) on one end (to go into the outlet on the trailer), and a 3/8" female SAE flare fitting on the other end (intended to be left attached to the appliance, but could be adapted to other fittings.
Link worked for me
Attached Thumbnails
F2F09183-5B88-469B-96A9-781217015301.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
Link worked for me
Excellent
You never know what combination of OS, browser, installation details, and location are required for some of this scripted crap to work.

The image shows a Camco 57638, which is intended for one of Camco's Olympian grills. It is not in the current online Camco product catalog, although it is available from various online sources, including Walmart and Amazon (which has a clearly incorrect description). It appears to consist of a quick-disconnect extension (so its outlet is the same as the connector on the trailer) and a control valve.

The valve might work for another grill (if it is intended for the right propane flow range), and might physically fit another grill. Walmart lists a Camco valve which may be the same item; it has a M12x1.5 thread on the grill side, with some sort of gas connection which might be sealed with an o-ring. Would it fit the Smoke Hollow grill?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Excellent
You never know what combination of OS, browser, installation details, and location are required for some of this scripted crap to work.

The image shows a Camco 57638, which is intended for one of Camco's Olympian grills. It is not in the current online Camco product catalog, although it is available from various online sources, including Walmart and Amazon (which has a clearly incorrect description). It appears to consist of a quick-disconnect extension (so its outlet is the same as the connector on the trailer) and a control valve.

The valve might work for another grill (if it is intended for the right propane flow range), and might physically fit another grill. Walmart lists a Camco valve which may be the same item; it has a M12x1.5 thread on the grill side, with some sort of gas connection which might be sealed with an o-ring. Would it fit the Smoke Hollow grill?

Thanks for the tip on just the valve . I ordered that. I am sure it will work on my grill, well 90% sure.

looking at picture of the valve It appears I could take off the quick connect mail fitting and attach the adapter ETI supplies with hose.
the hose picture is from ETI and it appears its supplied with a adapter . can any one confirm that?
Attached Thumbnails
grill part.jpeg   Quick Connect Hose.jpg