Low water pressure at kitchen faucet - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Low water pressure at kitchen faucet

Hi all,
We have a problem with low water flow in our 2017 19 Escape. We used the campground water spigot yesterday and all was fine except for very low water (both hot and cold) flow from the kitchen faucet. The bathroom sink and shower were a little slow but okay. The screen in the faucet is clean, and the screen where the hose connects to the trailer is clean. This has been an ongoing problem for us, but we bought it used so don't know if it's always been this way. It's not a big problem, but if there's an easy fix we'd love to know about it. We are wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Thanks for your help!
Karen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen M. View Post
Hi all,
We have a problem with low water flow in our 2017 19 Escape. We used the campground water spigot yesterday and all was fine except for very low water (both hot and cold) flow from the kitchen faucet. The bathroom sink and shower were a little slow but okay. The screen in the faucet is clean, and the screen where the hose connects to the trailer is clean. This has been an ongoing problem for us, but we bought it used so don't know if it's always been this way. It's not a big problem, but if there's an easy fix we'd love to know about it. We are wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Thanks for your help!
There is a screen just before the pump that gets residue in it on occasion. It’not
Hard to access and rinse out. That might be it. Do you have a backflow preventer and pressure regulator on your water hookup and is your blue filter a reasonably new one. I usually adjust to 40 psi water pressure with my adjustable regulator.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-05-2020, 09:09 PM   #3

I'll check that filter before the pump- even though we weren't using the pump, I guess water passes through it?
Thanks for the information, Dave.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
I'll check that filter before the pump- even though we weren't using the pump, I guess water passes through it?
Thanks for the information, Dave.
Good thought but the water does not pass through that filter when connected to city water.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi all,
We have a problem with low water flow in our 2017 19 Escape. We used the campground water spigot yesterday and all was fine except for very low water (both hot and cold) flow from the kitchen faucet. The bathroom sink and shower were a little slow but okay. The screen in the faucet is clean, and the screen where the hose connects to the trailer is clean. This has been an ongoing problem for us, but we bought it used so don't know if it's always been this way.
How many different places have you camped with city water hookup? Has it been a problem every time? Do you have the same problem if you but some fresh water in the tank and use the pump instead? Wondering if the campground water pressure could be low.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #6

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Water pump

On my 2016 new e21 model the screen filter is after the pump not before ? Jim W
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
On my 2016 new e21 model the screen filter is after the pump not before ? Jim W
Are you sure? That’s strange. It’s there to prevent any debris from damaging the pump. It should be on the inlet side of the pump (between the fresh water tank and pump).
Attached Thumbnails
F5D08479-69AD-4B22-A1C0-A6E2B2A15009.jpg  
Old 05-05-2020, 10:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks for your help!
Below is a simple diagram of the water system.

If the bathroom sink / shower and toilet have good flow, most likely problem is that the kitchen faucet is plugged. In the cabinet below the sink, the faucet connects to the hot and cold water supply lines. I would check if the pressure is good going to the kitchen faucet - if it is, the faucet is bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Water System.jpg  
Old 05-05-2020, 10:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Isn't there also a screen at the end of the kitchen faucet spout? Unscrew that and inspect. Might be the cure hopefully.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:18 PM   #10

It happens regardless of the city water pressure. But I'll check out the faucet lines; hopefully, we won't have to replace the faucet, but we certainly have time for these kinds of projects!
Thanks, everybody.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #11

Yes, thank you for the suggestion. That was the first thing we checked, but no debris.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:50 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
If you are using a pressure regulator on the spigot that could be the problem. You might want to borrow or buy a different one and try it. A few years back I had a similar situation and it turned out to be that the regulator, which was supposed to regulate pressure to a max of 55 psi was reducing flow to somewhere around 25 psi, and if the city water pressure was low, it would even allow flow. While it may not be your cause and I can only say I was totally surprised as I had never had one of these regulators fail, a new one solved the problem and my flow problem was eliminated. They are inexpensive. If you are using one, it might be worth investigating. And as mentioned earlier, a blocked disposable filter if in use could cause a problem.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
If you are using a pressure regulator on the spigot that could be the problem. You might want to borrow or buy a different one and try it. A few years back I had a similar situation and it turned out to be that the regulator, which was supposed to regulate pressure to a max of 55 psi was reducing flow to somewhere around 25 psi, and if the city water pressure was low, it would even allow flow. While it may not be your cause and I can only say I was totally surprised as I had never had one of these regulators fail, a new one solved the problem and my flow problem was eliminated. They are inexpensive. If you are using one, it might be worth investigating. And as mentioned earlier, a blocked disposable filter if in use could cause a problem.

I bought a new fixed regulator a few years ago, it only put out 30 lbs. I went back to the old reliable 50 lb one. I bought a gauge https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that I can add after the regulator to see what the output is. They make adjustable regulators too.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:32 AM   #14

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
water pump

Yes i'm sure the strainer is on the other side of pump . I was thinking of putting a small pressure tank and fixing the strainer on the other side .Only once did we have a problem with water pressure it was a clogged strainer from water algae forming in strainer .
We belong to a Sportsman club in Manteno Ill where you get elec hook up but no sewer or water .So we dump about every 5 days and replenish about 5 gallons every day but the price is right $10.00 a night
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:59 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Check the screen on the inlet where you screw the hose on. If you have a kitchen faucet that is the pull out type there is a screen where the handle screws onto the hose.

Also you could try your internal water pump and see how the pressure is there, without the hose hooked up, that would help eliminate a number of items.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #16

Smile Problem solved

My husband located another small screen in the faucet that was blocked. He had checked three all together: the one where the hose connects to the trailer, one in the faucet where you pull out the extension hose, and finally, one in the head of the faucet. That was the blocked one. Easy fix! Thanks for all the help, folks.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #17

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I assumed, yes I know the saying, that the aerator screen was the first thing you checked.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We had similar issues with low water flow at the Kitchen sink , bathroom sink and outside shower faucet on our Escape.
The cause of the low flow at all 3 faucets was plugged faucet screens and a plugged up pump screen ( They were all plugged up with a combination of small pieces of a white colored plastic and some sort of algae )
When I read the OP’s post stating they had cleaned all the screens , I was baffled
Then my mind started to work and I came up with all kinds of complicated , far fetched solutions to the problem so I kept my mouth shut !
Sometimes your first assumption isn’t wrong , it’s the one that follow that screw you up .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I assumed, yes I know the saying, that the aerator screen was the first thing you checked.
I also assumed that it had been checked as Ross had mentioned it early on in the thread. The faucet screen is normally the first thing I check if water flow seems restricted. If it is not plugged, then I look for other causes.