Protect Tanks with LineX? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Since these tanks, without spray foam, are fully exposed to Rocks, Bolts, Twigs and Armadillos flying up and doing damage, has anyone ever had LineX spray their heavy duty bed liner on the exposed areas of these tanks for protection?

LineX is tough as nails.

They seem to be able to spray that stuff perfectly without slopping it all over the place.

Addressing this will definitely be something I’ll be looking into, the amount of debris on the roads in the cities has been increasing.

I know a few creative mechanics I’ll be having take a look at this and several other common issues that seem to pop up on here.

For me preventive maintenance has always payed off.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yeah, my 2014 still looks good, other than a bunch of road tar. I guess if someone was to coat the inside of the wheel wells, white wouldn't be the best color to use. YMMV
In 2014 we persuaded Reace to coat the wheel wells with the same stuff that is used to coat the storage box. We got the idea from Thoer who coated his wheel wells some sort of spray on coating that is used for pick up beds. I asked Reace to do it in black if possible, but the only option was white.

It has held up well, but it also makes it harder to clean dirt / tar from the wheel wells. My impetus for doing this was a video of a fiberglass trailer (casita?) where the tire tread separated from the rest of the tire and the flapping beat up the trailer pretty bad.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
🤔 the tanks themselves are pretty tough. Has anyone had an issue with the tanks getting damaged? Was just under my 2017 50TA and they look great.
Creeping sophistication…
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
I was thinking of applying this product in the wheel wells.
Durabak White Textured, Outdoor, UV Resistant, Truck Bed Liner.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #25

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Have a 2019 19 with spray foam. Initially I wanted Escape to lineX the frame prior to mounting the fiberglass module (trailer) for corrosion purpose since I use the trailer in winter and in calcium and during hunting season. The price charge was to much and it seem that the hassle was much for Escape. The LineX company is about 5 miles from Escape.

The first thing I did at home is to have the local lineX store to give me a quote for: all the under carriage, (wheel well, front box and the front corner behind the front box in white color).

LineX is black by nature but can be kind of color match. The wanted to change me the color change but we agreed to have the color change applied on to the foam so it goes on like black to white transition.

It is probably the best thing to do since it is protection for rock and corrosion.
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I've seen it on a 17'er

Black colored in the wheel wells, a tidy job doing it, solid protection, but not agreeable to my eye.

I'll pass. White would look better, but not hide tar and dirt as well.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:01 AM   #27
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Here's an interesting video on the performance of several "bed liners". Based on the performance assessment, I doubt it'd work well on the tanks. 17 minutes of video may provide the answer you seek.

Ops is offline   Reply With Quote