Sewer Hose Questions - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #181
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Posts: 10,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i've been carrying the 15' Rhino too, and yeah, i could see using a 5' 90% of the time... hmmmm.
Yeah, but that's what's so cool about the Rhinoflex. Scrunched up it's that short. Can't do that with a cheap stock hose.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #182
Senior Member
 
Perry Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Posts: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yeah, but that's what's so cool about the Rhinoflex. Scrunched up it's that short. Can't do that with a cheap stock hose.
Had at least three 15' Rhinoflexs. I challenge you to clean out that 15' Rhinoflex and not have it expand. Can't be done. The expanding 15' Rhinoflex is why some of us want a 5' in addition to a 10 or 15', for convenience at the dump station.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
Those who know everything use pens. Intelligent people use pencils.
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #183
Site Team
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Had at least three 15' Rhinoflexs. I challenge you to clean out that 15' Rhinoflex and not have it expand. Can't be done. The expanding 15' Rhinoflex is why some of us want a 5' in addition to a 10 or 15', for convenience at the dump station.
worse, if you DONT fully expand it before cleaning, ugh, stuff WILL be in the crevices, and not get rinsed out. yuck.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #184
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
worse, if you DONT fully expand it before cleaning, ugh, stuff WILL be in the crevices, and not get rinsed out. yuck.


Who inspects the crevices on the inside of the tube? Yuck, indeed [emoji2961]
__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #185
Site Team
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 5,316
I just want to thoroughly rinse the slinky so it doesn't accumulate waste. to do that with the Titan, I have to expand it before rinsing.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #186
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Posts: 10,225
I guess I'm just not that particular about having a super clean hose. I give it a rinse and call it a day. They don't call it the "stinky slinky" for nothing. [emoji33]
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #187
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 8,345
Inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Who inspects the crevices on the inside of the tube? Yuck, indeed [emoji2961]
Help wanted:
Sewer drain tube inspector.
Usually performed in nice park area setting however best described as a crappy job.
Apply to Rinse-o-matic Enterprises LLC.
Iowa Dave
__________________
Ain’t no trouble jacking a double Burma Shave
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #188
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 17B
Posts: 16
I have a 2011 17B. I ordered a new hose on amazon (two 10') but the connection ends are too big for the 4" pvc storage

pipe on the escape! What to do?
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #189
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 17B
Posts: 16
How wide is the "new" sewer hose tube? 2011 came with a 4" pvc pipe but the new rhino hose with 5" adapter ends are larger and don't fit into the 4" pipe! What do you have and can you post a photo? Thank you
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #190
Site Team
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 5,316
this hose fits, you have to remove the 'funnel' that goes in the dump station drain, but that funnel will fit loose in the end of the storage pipe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPHR2M4/

ooooh, I have a 2014, it might have a 4.5" ID pipe? hmmmm. the Rhinoflex fits in a 4" SQUARE bumper, like on the Casita, if you line the tabs up with the corners, but it needs a 4.5" round pipe.

note, this is a very high quality hose, but I do recommend double checking the ends where they are clamped onto the accordion hose, I loosened mine, made sure the hose itself was fully seated, then tightened the clamping rings hard, haven't had any issues. I've bought several of those sort of hose, for both my escape and a casita, plus 2 10 foot extension lengths, and of those 4 total hoses and 8 ends, one end was loose new out of box.

I don't think 2 10s will fit in the escape storage pipe, but a 15 will. at dump stations I often wish I had just a 5 footer, but its not that big of a deal. although I might dump with my 15" mostly compressed, I will fully stretch it out before rinsing it with the dirty-water hose..... I put one cap on, compress a few feet of the hose, insert that into the storage pipe, and compress a few feet at a time until the hose is fully compressed, THEN install the other end cap. the caps are air tight, so you can't compress an expanded hose with both in place.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:11 PM   #191
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
this hose fits, you have to remove the 'funnel' that goes in the dump station drain, but that funnel will fit loose in the end of the storage pipe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPHR2M4/

ooooh, I have a 2014, it might have a 4.5" ID pipe? hmmmm. the Rhinoflex fits in a 4" SQUARE bumper, like on the Casita, if you line the tabs up with the corners, but it needs a 4.5" round pipe.

note, this is a very high quality hose, but I do recommend double checking the ends where they are clamped onto the accordion hose, I loosened mine, made sure the hose itself was fully seated, then tightened the clamping rings hard, haven't had any issues. I've bought several of those sort of hose, for both my escape and a casita, plus 2 10 foot extension lengths, and of those 4 total hoses and 8 ends, one end was loose new out of box.

I don't think 2 10s will fit in the escape storage pipe, but a 15 will. at dump stations I often wish I had just a 5 footer, but its not that big of a deal. although I might dump with my 15" mostly compressed, I will fully stretch it out before rinsing it with the dirty-water hose..... I put one cap on, compress a few feet of the hose, insert that into the storage pipe, and compress a few feet at a time until the hose is fully compressed, THEN install the other end cap. the caps are air tight, so you can't compress an expanded hose with both in place.
Love the Rhino hose. Two 10 foot hoses and the fittings, including the funnel, fit in my ETI holder. I rarely need both sections, and one 10 foot section compressed is nice and short at dump stations.
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #192
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alcoa, Tennessee
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 419
A few years back this discussion included someone who worked at a marina. He said there was always someone watching the clear "window" in the hose that emptied the boats.
__________________
2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:19 PM   #193
Member
 
bookerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
Posts: 42
Kimber, you need to file or cut off the 'tab's that stick out the side of the two end caps.
bookerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #194
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Posts: 98
I've got the same problem as Kimber. 2011 17B with the white storage tube. The rhino flex I had for the Casita isn't even close to fitting so I bought a Valtera dominator cause it has round ends but it's a no go as well. Even if I file down the the little nubs it still won't work cause the other end is way too big. Is there anything except h those horrible flimsy things that fits in these older tubes or is my first mod going to have to be a larger stinky slinky holder?
77FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #195
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,136
I used the one that came with my Escape for probably six years before replacing it. When I did replace it, I bought a heavy duty hose at Canadian Tire, with no ends, and replaced the hose, keeping the old ends.
If you go this route, warm the hose with hot water so it stretches and is easier to attach.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:59 PM   #196
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Posts: 98
Thanks for the suggestion gbaglo, but I think if I'm going to have to modify something I'll probably just get a bigger tube so I can use a rhino flex cause I have really liked it if one can like a stinky slinky.
77FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #197
Senior Member
 
Dcboyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Victoria, Texas
Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Posts: 358
When we received our 21C in January it came with a rinky dink sewer hose and a 20’ camco Dominator hose. Never expected that. We prior to receiving trailer purchased a 10’, 5’ Valterra silverback hose and put the Dominator in the extra pipe storage. The 5 & 10’ have been all we need so far. All hoses fit in tubes without modification. ETI is staying on top of most things with the new trailers.
So don’t assume that any advice from someone with a prior year or later trailer has not been already addressed.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #198
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Whidbey Island, Washington
Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Posts: 2,743
Yes, Rhino hoses fit in the current tubes. (Except for the angle fittings, of course.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #199
Senior Member
 
PleinAirCedar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Paonia, Colorado
Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
Posts: 147
Question Connectors for 2 sewer hoses?

Hi Everyone,
Any suggestions for what parts to get to connect the 10' Camco RV sewer Hose Kit that has pre-attached fittings to my other 20' sewer hose that has one end with a bayonet to attach to the camper's outlet and nothing on the other end of the hose?


I have these parts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bayonet2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	56322
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bayonetend.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	56323


It would be nice to have another part that I could take on and off the longer 20' hose when I use it to empty the tanks into somewhere that needs it. (So far, I have not needed the elbow end.)



I am traveling in a couple weeks across the country and can see me needing it in a more civilized camping situation that I've used in the past.


This has been confusing me as I get conflicting advise. I think I need the Camco Twist Connect Kit Sewer Fitting using the part that is smooth except for 4 of knobs on the outside. I am guessing this is where a bayonet fits?



But what about when I only want to use the longer end? Will the knobs get in the way of the dump station or is there another something I have to get?


Any sage wisdom will be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!


__________________
Plein Air Cedar
PleinAirCedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:13 PM   #200
Site Team
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleinAirCedar View Post
Any suggestions for what parts to get to connect the 10' Camco RV sewer Hose Kit that has pre-attached fittings to my other 20' sewer hose that has one end with a bayonet to attach to the camper's outlet and nothing on the other end of the hose?
my sewer hoses have a translucent right angle which attaches to a threaded adapter that goes down the drain of the dump station. only about half the dumpstations have the right threads so most of the time,, I just stick that end into the drain, and let the weight of the dumpstation's lid hold it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.