Shower Hose Problem on 2017 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Shower Hose Problem on 2017 17B

I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and can offer a fix.
The shower hose will not stay in its socket, but pops out with much water pressure. Makes it very difficult to take a shower.
I'm attaching a pic of the unit for identification.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Bathroom Fauceta.jpg  
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #2
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I've had a similar issue with a previous trailer. First, just confirming you are using a water pressure regulator on your outside hose if connected to city water. This keeps high city water pressure from damaging your trailer plumbing.

Also, have you checked to make sure your rubber seal washers are in place to ensure a tight fit when screwing on? I unscrewed the shower hose once and didn't realized the rubber washer fell out - easy fix once I realized my mistake.

If your current shower hose, keeps giving you grief, and keeps popping out, perhaps you need a new one? Like this? https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-R...849083&sr=8-10

Just my 2 cents, Best of luck, -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
If you end up getting a new hose I would recommend getting this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

40" is perfect and it doesn't put a strain on the faucet like the plastic hoses do.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
If you end up getting a new hose I would recommend getting this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

40" is perfect and it doesn't put a strain on the faucet like the plastic hoses do.
Oh yes, that is a nice one Danand Daphne! This is the hose I currently use and like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VE07X0KQ&psc=1.

I also added a restrictor to help conserve water https://www.amazon.com/PurrfectZone-...859014&sr=8-47
-Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Nice one, I like the adjustable feature not just on/off, I just ordered one.

Thanks!
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #6

I included a picture of my faucet set because the hose attachment is different than most. If anyone has the same faucet set and can offer some help it sure would be appreciated.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
Old 05-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I included a picture of my faucet set because the hose attachment is different than most. If anyone has the same faucet set and can offer some help it sure would be appreciated.

Walt

I have the same tap/shower.

Are you talking about the clip to hold the hose on the wall or how the hose attaches to the tap?
Old 05-20-2021, 04:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Walt:

I'm fairly sure that the faucet you pictured is the same as the one in our 2015 17B. I initially thought that the hose I had ordered was not compatible, but after disassembling the hose attachment (for the third time), I realized that I could disassemble the hose attachment at a different point and by so doing the new hose would attach to the faucet. I felt like an idiot for missing this twice! You may wish to look at yours again--hope this helps.

Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Disassembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & Penny Smith View Post
Walt:

I'm fairly sure that the faucet you pictured is the same as the one in our 2015 17B. I initially thought that the hose I had ordered was not compatible, but after disassembling the hose attachment (for the third time), I realized that I could disassemble the hose attachment at a different point and by so doing the new hose would attach to the faucet. I felt like an idiot for missing this twice! You may wish to look at yours again--hope this helps.

Dave
Must be your name that limits perception. Today I had to get out the book to change the belt on my aging Kirby vacuum. And I never get the book out before I screw something up. But today was a game changer.
Dave Smith
Old 05-20-2021, 07:36 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Dave:

Having a very common name certainly has it's disadvantages, as does slowing down due to advancing age!

Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Names

When I went to Iowa State there were seven students with the same name as mine. Advantages: Got another guys grade in volleyball.
Disadvantage: Call from the police on someone with my name who had written a bad check. I did not have an account at that bank. They said “we know that”
In junior high there were two of us with many of the same classes. The other guy was a sports athlete. I was not. He was a very studious guy with a friendly personality, I was not. He ran into me one night when I was in college and went back home for the weekend. I was eating a pizza and drinking Budweiser. He cautioned me against this reckless lifestyle. I thanked him and got an update on his college career. Never saw him again. He died at about 45. Heart attack.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-27-2021, 02:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I have the same tap/shower.
Are you talking about the clip to hold the hose on the wall or how the hose attaches to the tap?
My problem is that the hose attachment to the tap will not seal and sprays water from the connection to the tap and if I shut off the water at the shower head while soaping it'll even pop out if I turn the taps on full.
Am I missing something simple?

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
Old 05-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
My problem is that the hose attachment to the tap will not seal and sprays water from the connection to the tap and if I shut off the water at the shower head while soaping it'll even pop out if I turn the taps on full.
Am I missing something simple?

Walt
It is a simple screw on hose usually finger tight. The hard part is getting your hands in there to tighten it.

Is it missing the washer? If it has a washer, remove it and reseat it.
The other possibility is the tap where the hose attaches is cracked.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & Penny Smith View Post
Walt:

Dave
Dave. Thanks for that tip. It took two pliers to disconnect at that second place. It doesn't solve my problem because I still cannot tighten the inner piece enough to seal the o-ring, but at least now I know that. Guess I need to replace the whole faucet set.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA