Stove Burners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 15A
Stove Burners

We're looking at buying an Escape that has a 2-burner stove. Does anyone know if it is an easy or is it a complicated project to upgrade to a 3-burner stove? If still under 2-year Warranty would we want to have it done at factory in Chilliwack?
CathyAndDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We have a three-burner stove and in seven years, we have never used all three burners. I'm not even sure we've used two at the same time. Mostly we use a single burner to heat water for coffee.
We mainly cook outside on a BBQ / grill and a couple butane one-burner stoves ( generally use only one though ).
When weather is inclement, we will cook inside, but it will be something simple, like heating up wieners and beans.
Attached Thumbnails
Beer can chicken done.jpg   chicken napoleon - 1.jpg   The Only.jpg   W pork back ribs.jpg  
Old 09-30-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyAndDon View Post
We're looking at buying an Escape that has a 2-burner stove. Does anyone know if it is an easy or is it a complicated project to upgrade to a 3-burner stove? If still under 2-year Warranty would we want to have it done at factory in Chilliwack?
It would involve some cabinet cutting and you would lose a little storage . Depends on your skills but it can be done . If fact did it years ago to a camper . We have the stove and love it and it was one of the first items to go on our build sheet . The stove uses propane so it can always be used when you have no hookups . Some don't care but some of us really like our little oven . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Three Burners

We have a 19 with the three burner stove. While we have at times used two burners, I'm not sure we've ever used three. Like others, I prefer to cook outside, especially food that spatters or has strong odors. So, if I were ordering new, I would lobby for two burners, turned the long way to increase counter space. Three is fine but I'd go with two the way we camp. Our outside stove is a two burner Camp Chef Everest propane. It has fairly high output burners, works well in high elevations. Keep it in the side box under the dinette bench for travel.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #5

And then there is breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails
Breakfast - 1.jpg  
Old 09-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
That's some good looking chow. I'd be happy to call you Dad to get a breakfast like that but I am probably older than you. So that would be weird
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #7

Trailer: ""
I had and often used all 3 burners on my last trailer's stove. I am more a traveller than a camper and don't care to bother setting up an outside stove, grill or BBQ and packing them away again. All meals have been and will be cooked inside.

I have a 2 burner 17B on order. I ordered 2 burners turned sideways to save counter space. It also has a microwave which will be my 3rd burner.

Ventilation has been and should be more than adequate.
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Like Bill, we utilize our stove more often than our Weber Q (thanks to our CanCooker ... ). Plus, we also have a small toaster oven we use when hooked to electricity. With all that, we rarely utilize all three burners. Two would have been fine for us.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:01 PM   #9

Trailer: ""
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Like Bill, we utilize our stove more often than our Weber Q (thanks to our CanCooker ... ). Plus, we also have a small toaster oven we use when hooked to electricity. With all that, we rarely utilize all three burners. Two would have been fine for us.
I didn't know what a CanCooker was until I googled it from your post. Interesting! I use a pressure cooker to make curries, stews, pot roasts, whole chickens etc. I like the leftovers for lunches instead of processed foods.
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
They're great! I purchased ours after reading cpaharley2008 (Jim's) post. Love the simplicity of it. (Being a pressure cooker chef, you certainly understand what I mean.) And it's especially nice on those cold, wet days when standing outside over a barbecue isn't fun.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
There would be no problem with changing out the stove to a 3 burner, it is an easy task.

We too had 3 burners, and never once used all of them at once. It was rare for two to be used, but we still do. Also like others, the vast majority of our cooking is done outside.

Knowing that in the future, and on long travels with just the two of us, we will likely cook a bit more inside. I talked to Dickinson, and they are going to give me a very good deal on this two burner stove. It gets great reviews, and supposedly has great output and control. It also has a cutting board that goes on top, and fits flat to the counter.

Two Burner Propane Drop in Cooktop - Dickinson Marine | Dickinson Marine
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:55 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I talked to Dickinson, and they are going to give me a very good deal on this two burner stove. It gets great reviews, and supposedly has great output and control. It also has a cutting board that goes on top, and fits flat to the counter.

Two Burner Propane Drop in Cooktop - Dickinson Marine | Dickinson Marine
In the 40 years we've had propane stoves of one kind or another I don't think we've ever used 3 burners at once. So, unless you're passionate cooks who use a 6 burner commercial range at home, 2 is probably good.

Turning it 90* is really worthwhile.

Jim, that looks like an upgraded version of the type we had on a CruiseAmerica delivery. One of the few things we liked about its' equipment. Having the top level is just more convenient.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
10-10-2014 10-45-48 AM3_resize.JPG   10-10-2014 10-45-48 AM4_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #13

We had flush lids in our 19. While the sink was rarely covered, the stove was much of the time. Only when actually cooking on it was it open.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyAndDon View Post
I think you asked if you could change out the 2 burner to 3 Burner oven and you got from A to Z . You only know what you would like and everyone has their own idea's what makes them happy . The answer is yes you can if you would like . It is true 3 burners aren't needed , but they is how the oven is . You could ask Escape what that would entail . You should do what will make you happy .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:52 PM   #15

Pat,
I don't understand why you are talking about the oven. You can get a three burner stove top without an oven. I have no oven.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We had flush lids in our 19. While the sink was rarely covered, the stove was much of the time. Only when actually cooking on it was it open.

Just wondering, there are three burners, but they are so close together that I have to ask how you have room for three pots? It would be great for a stock pot.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
[QUOTE=Patandlinda;113019 You could ask Escape what that would entail . You should do what will make you happy .Pat[/QUOTE]

You're right and you'll sometimes get A to Z in the way of answers. It does help to read the first post carefully.

I think it was Mike Lewis? that asked Escape the same question earlier this year. I think the answer was that it did involve quite a bit of cabinet work modification in changing a two burner counter top unit to a 3 burner stove with oven. But I may be wrong, it has to happen. Not sure if the answer was that it's something they'd rather not do or that it would be costly. Probably better to ask them specifically about retrofitting the unit you have in mind.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #18

I haven't seen any reference to adding an oven from the OP.
They asked about switching out a two-burner for a three-burner.
And several of us that ordered the three-burner then responded that we'd never used all three burners.
To my knowledge, you can get the three-burner option without an oven, but retro-fitting it could be more expensive than it's worth ( to you ).
Old 10-01-2015, 06:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Just wondering, there are three burners, but they are so close together that I have to ask how you have room for three pots? It would be great for a stock pot.
If you have big pots, like a stock pot and fry pan, you would only fit two, but smaller pots three would work okay, but we never had reason for 3. The best thing was that it gave us options. Loved the flush mount covers though.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
They're great! I purchased ours after reading cpaharley2008 (Jim's) post. Love the simplicity of it. (Being a pressure cooker chef, you certainly understand what I mean.) And it's especially nice on those cold, wet days when standing outside over a barbecue isn't fun.
Maybe we should start a recipe section for our Cancooking meals......