Stripping wire is hard? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2022, 12:49 PM   #41

Trailer: 2012 Escape 5.0
Cleaning Bathroom wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
So I heard back from Escape today on the bathroom wall "cleaning". They recommended using acetone to remove the mark, so I'll probably give that a try.
A damp soapy "Magic Eraser" or other melimine sponge may work... If you don't have acetone handy.
JohnE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:05 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
The crimp connection looked familiar to me. I picked my trailer up in February 2021 and took this picture. I measured the voltage drop across this connection during charging and it was significant.
Just installing a Victron controller and redid some of the wiring. I've investigated a few fires where aggressive stripping on stranded conductors was the cause, so it's something I'm always watching for. All of the wires I looked at had some cuts, but none to the extent that strands were broken. I also checked those fuses and the crimps.

But, that double-jacketed wiring that's used for the solar system is really finely stranded. When I took the marette off there was a shower of silver wire bits falling out out. That one I cut off and stripped again.

It's challenging to strip that type of conductor quickly and carefully.
sameo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:27 PM   #43

Trailer: 19 - 2021
More pics of ETI doing ETI things. I have lots of air coming back thru my compressor fridge vent from the optional 3-way venting that was installed. Went on roof to cover and found this. Screen was incredibly sharp and pointy and could have easily penetrated electrical insulation. Took out more of the screen for wire clearance and screwed a panel with a couple of slots for the wires over this. Wasn't too bad of a job to do.
Attached Thumbnails
eti.jpg  
alanerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:22 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
In the same situation I used some spiral wrap for extra protection.

But the insulation is so thick on those wires it's doubtful that there'd be a problem. At least no one to date has reported a problem. But extra protection is always good.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote