Tank capacities - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2021, 12:09 AM   #81
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trailer: 2021 21NE
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacchino View Post
Have been going back and forth with Escape on this issue. Have gotten a couple of acknowledgements of problems.

Grey tanks:



Note that this doesn't match my measurements or others that I've seen in this thread. We only measured 20 gallons of capacity on grey, a 27% reduction. Leaving the difference in measurements aside it seems at a minimum that the tank is not being installed with enough support across the middle.

Black:


So the black tank is not as large as advertised to me or anyone else who has purchased a 21NE. Instead of the 22 gallon tank that we were sold we received a 13.2 gallon tank, a 40% reduction. Their resolution is to update the website and to say there are no other options available. No communication to existing owners, no apology to this owner and no fix or restitution of any kind.
Sorry, if I missed it, but did ETI confirm that the black tank is physically only 13.2 gallon or is it a 19/22 gallon with only 13.2 gallons usable?
M_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, Texas
Trailer: 2019 E19
Posts: 363
I would think that ETI should at a minimum contact customers that are on the waiting list for one of these trailers about this rather large change to their stated specs. This could be a deciding factor in the purchase for some people.

For us the 21NE & 5.0TA were the two trailers that we were most interested in. In fact we have had thoughts of changing our order from the 5.0 to the 21NE, however now with the much smaller measured capacity of the black tank in the 21NE we will stick with our original choice of the 5.0TA
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #83
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Brockton, Alabama
Trailer: 2007 Dodge Dually cummins "Puff and Stuff" towing 2022-21C
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
I would think that ETI should at a minimum contact customers that are on the waiting list for one of these trailers about this rather large change to their stated specs. This could be a deciding factor in the purchase for some people.

For us the 21NE & 5.0TA were the two trailers that we were most interested in. In fact we have had thoughts of changing our order from the 5.0 to the 21NE, however now with the much smaller measured capacity of the black tank in the 21NE we will stick with our original choice of the 5.0TA
Or perhaps consider the composting toilet option...
C-weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:07 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, Texas
Trailer: 2019 E19
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-weed View Post
Or perhaps consider the composting toilet option...

Agreed, but they should at least have the benefit of the information to explore all of their options.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:35 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Posts: 2,640
After using my 2013 19' for 8 years my experience has been that the black and grey tanks are sized appropriately given the size of the freshwater tank. When my freshwater tank is empty, that signals to me that it is time to dump the black and grey tanks. Having a bigger black (or grey) tank would only be of benefit if I was to refill the freshwater tank as well.

If I am on a campsite with sewer and water, the size of the black and grey tank becomes irrelevant as I can dump any time I choose.
__________________
2013 19' \ 2013 15B, 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
7Gentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: CenTex, Texas
Trailer: 2022 E19
Posts: 704
Irrelavent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
After using my 2013 19' for 8 years my experience has been that the black and grey tanks are sized appropriately given the size of the freshwater tank. When my freshwater tank is empty, that signals to me that it is time to dump the black and grey tanks. Having a bigger black (or grey) tank would only be of benefit if I was to refill the freshwater tank as well.

If I am on a campsite with sewer and water, the size of the black and grey tank becomes irrelevant as I can dump any time I choose.

Your 2013 19 has almost 50% more capacity than a Gen 2 trailer though....hence the issue.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
RangerMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Kenedy County, Texas
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 529
Sounds like some concerns that might be posted to the new ETI forum. See what kind of responses
__________________
Putting a smoke detector in my chimney wasn't such a good idea.
RangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Your 2013 19 has almost 50% more capacity than a Gen 2 trailer though....hence the issue.
The 1st generation Escapes have the same issue as 2nd generation with respect to the usable volume of the tanks being less than the actual volume of the tanks. I have learned to live with it and it is not an issue for me.

Your best option is to live with it and adapt your usage accordingly. If you are really dissatisfied with your Escape, the used market is really hot right now and it should not be that difficult to sell and move on to another type of trailer.
__________________
2013 19' \ 2013 15B, 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
7Gentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: CenTex, Texas
Trailer: 2022 E19
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
The 1st generation Escapes have the same issue as 2nd generation with respect to the usable volume of the tanks being less than the actual volume of the tanks. I have learned to live with it and it is not an issue for me.

Your best option is to live with it and adapt your usage accordingly. If you are really dissatisfied with your Escape, the used market is really hot right now and it should not be that difficult to sell and move on to another type of trailer.

My bold added above.........


1. I was not aware of the 1st Gen volume issue - my bad.



Plumbing related seems to be a recurring topic. Uncapped vent stacks in the walls / inside cabinets, broken drains, cross feeding from a full black to the gray (very bad), and erroneous volume claims.


2. Black tank volume not as presented is an issue for me.


3. I don't have an Escape yet, I'm on the waiting list for a 21NE partially based on the advertising of a 22 gallon black tank. Rethinking this choice now............



4. My best option is to consider my options, and not to just give up and fork over $40k if something is not as was presented and will likely not fit my intended usage.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
...
4. My best option is to consider my options, and not to just give up and fork over $40k if something is not as was presented and will likely not fit my intended usage.
It would be terrible to start out your days as an Escape owner being unhappy with the product. Since you are on a waiting list and may not have your build sheet finalized, it may be a simple process for you to cancel your order with Escape and move on to a product with which you may be happy from day 1.
__________________
2013 19' \ 2013 15B, 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
7Gentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: CenTex, Texas
Trailer: 2022 E19
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
It would be terrible to start out your days as an Escape owner being unhappy with the product. Since you are on a waiting list and may not have your build sheet finalized, it may be a simple process for you to cancel your order with Escape and move on to a product with which you may be happy from day 1.



Gee, never thought of that..................
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
TTMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Venice, Florida
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
The ETI run forum
What ETI run forum?
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 7,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
What ETI run forum?
A new forum the company started directly. I should give it a chance but I’m already turned off by Karl’s intro video where he said theirs will be the “most current and factual”. I think there are a lot of facts here by some very smart and experienced campers...just some they probably don’t want to hear. Personally I feel I have contributed a lot here and don’t plan on trying to keep up with posts on two forums.
https://www.theescapeforum.com/
__________________
Mods to Rubicon: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post249508
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
I wonder if the new forum will have moderators?
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 7,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder if the new forum will have moderators?
ETI staff
__________________
Mods to Rubicon: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post249508
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:48 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
Oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DFW, Texas
Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
A new forum the company started directly. I should give it a chance but I’m already turned off by Karl’s intro video where he said theirs will be the “most current and factual”. I think there are a lot of facts here by some very smart and experienced campers...just some they probably don’t want to hear. Personally I feel I have contributed a lot here and don’t plan on trying to keep up with posts on two forums.
https://www.theescapeforum.com/

Totally agree with you his statements about all other forums is completely wrong. It’s like he’s saying it’s our way or the highway.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Dcboyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Victoria, Texas
Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Posts: 358
The label on my new 21C trailer tank is shown to be made by Alcaro Plastic Inc., kelowna, BC.
PH (250) 765-1097. Model of black tank is H2240, gray tank __2240. Did not look up black tank number. They only give a partial list on the website.
Tank no. 2240. 48 5/8” x 20x6 3/4”. 23.5 imp gal. 28.2 US GAL.

This is the size of both of my fresh and black water tanks. In filling my fresh water tank with a 5 gallon container the 28 gallon is very close.
Even using math it is correct.
Receive my trailer in Jan 2021.
Again I have the 21C.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:40 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 2,731
What Bugs Me…

The same person that uses their outside shower to wash themselves, dogs, boots, bikes, mats, etc and completely soaks the campsite for the next tenter that arrives would have a hissy fit if they walked by and saw a hose from my trailer draining water into the bush or lawn.

They would jump to the conclusion that I was draining my grey tank. However I often wondered why there is no way of draining inside shower water via a valve through a hose and have some good made of that water.

At our cabin have installed a valve (legal or not) so that everything other than the toilets and kitchen sink, waters the lawn. This makes very good use of the well water and keeps the septic system from from filling up from the washing machine and city folk guests that like to shower everyday.

With the exposed shower drain piping under the trailer in both the 19 and 21…I see a valve install modification coming in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
5F02F37A-BC69-4D4B-980E-B6331DA44768.jpg  
__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Eggscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
The label on my new 21C trailer tank is shown to be made by Alcaro Plastic Inc., kelowna, BC.
PH (250) 765-1097. Model of black tank is H2240, gray tank __2240. Did not look up black tank number. They only give a partial list on the website.
Tank no. 2240. 48 5/8” x 20x6 3/4”. 23.5 imp gal. 28.2 US GAL.

This is the size of both of my fresh and black water tanks. In filling my fresh water tank with a 5 gallon container the 28 gallon is very close.
Even using math it is correct.
Receive my trailer in Jan 2021.
Again I have the 21C.
Glad to see I can get replacement tanks close by…tanks .
__________________
So many modifications...so little time.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 8,045
Tanks!!!

Hi: All... When the tanks are full they need emptying. When my truck needs fuel it's empty and needs filling. They are what they are and it's up to each to deal with them. I could just stay home... but at some point that tank need emptying too. No sense crowing over it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.