Water, Power, Sewer Hose Length - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21C
Water, Power, Sewer Hose Length

Hi there,
In about a month we will be picking up our 21C We plan on camping on Vancouver Island / PNW. We have ordered from Escape the removable power cord and Rhino sewer hose.
- How often do you guys use extensions for power and sewer or is standard length fine?
- Water hose - is 25' long enough or better get a 50'?
- Anyone use a heated water hose in PNW?

Thanks!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
One 25' and one 50' can be use separately or together depending what is required.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Generally you will be OK with with the factory lengths of 25 feet.

However if you travel to or live in Ontario...they have redone some of the parks where they dig a trench along the road and place the pole there. Also they put some of the poles in between sites. Not to bad if you get the pole on the drivers side...but a standard cord will not make it if it has to run under the trailer, through the site and into no mans land.

Here is a picture of the cords my brother in law had to do in Ontario because he did not want to by an extension.

Shop around because the price does vary. I got ours from Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
0E173696-B3E0-46EB-84C2-DB64034A91CD.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I carry a 50' electric extension, have used it once in 7 years. I carry 2 25' water hoses, have needed the 2nd hose a handful of times, I've never needed more then 50'. I do not carry an extension for the waste hose, I could have used one once. I rarely have sewer hookups, which may make a difference.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Generally you will be OK with with the factory lengths of 25 feet.

However if you travel to or live in Ontario...they have redone some of the parks where they dig a trench along the road and place the pole there. Also they put some of the poles in between sites. Not to bad if you get the pole on the drivers side...but a standard cord will not make it if it has to run under the trailer, through the site and into no mans land.

Here is a picture of the cords my brother in law had to do in Ontario because he did not want to by an extension.

Shop around because the price does vary. I got ours from Walmart.
I noticed that in Ontario Provincial Parks that I needed an extension power cord most of the time.
I needed the longer water hose at my home so I bring that along while traveling but do not need it too often.
yangstyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #6

Thanks guys - this is helpful!
Old 11-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When you buy your water hose, buy the best, most expensive one you can find. It's cheaper in the long run and a lot less irritating to coil up a hose that doesn't fold on itself. I know, I have both.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #8

We were thinking of getting a zero-G. Can you recommend a good hose? Thanks!
Old 11-08-2020, 12:31 AM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Get extras! You never know what you'll encounter. At one site I had to connect two of my 25' water hoses and it barely reached. If it didn't, I also have a 10' hose I could hooked in with the others. The 10' is nice when you're really close to the water outlet.

I have two 25' sewer hoses and once I did have to connect both of them as the sewer site was on the other side of the trailer, as well as the water. It was a back-in site, so I don't know what was going on with that. The power was on the correct side. Really weird and I was very happy to have extras.

If the power box is a long ways away, it's always a good idea to get out your power cord and see how close you need to be to connect. I learned that the hard way and had to hook the trailer back up so I could back it up farther (or move forward; forget now which I had to do). I now have an extra one I can connect up, just in case. Haven't had to use it, but it gives me peace of mind.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:54 AM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Do you really mean 2 - 25' sewer hoses?
Old 11-08-2020, 06:13 AM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Get a hose designed for potable water, not just a garden hose.

Camco 25ft TastePURE Drinking Water Hose

As for anyone who says 'I drank from garden hoses as a kid and it didn't kill me.', remember you also let the hose run till cold, so all the warm chemical laden water was flushed out of the hose. This is not the case for hoses run between the spigot and your trailer.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:32 AM   #12

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
For years we fought with a 10' or longer sewer hose at the dump station. The long hoses can be a bear to rinse. Then we bought a 5' Rhino hose and no more fighting. I can't think of the last time we used our longer hose for dumping. Both the 15' and the 5' fit in the hose holder underneath our 5.0.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sewer hose 15’ has been good for us. Water hoses: a 25’ a10’, and a 6’. Stock electrical cord and a spare drop cord. 50’. One thing I will eventually purchase is an extension cord 25’ for the 30 amp power outlet. I “needed” one once and Mr, Steve Dunham loaned me his for a few days. Thanks again Steve.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I use a 15' water hose 90% of the time, but carry 2 10' hoses that I can add as necessary. The 15' hose is from the Water Filter Store & is by far the best water hose I've had. Doesn't kink, rolls easily, and high quality fittings. They will make them any length you wish. The 10' hoses roll into small bundles & end up in the bottom of the front storage box until needed.

I carry a 15' RinoFlex sewer hose in the standard Escape carrier & have never needed an extension. That said, I rarely camp with hookups; mostly use dump stations, so those that stay in campgrounds with full hookups might want to add an extension.

I have the standard removable power cord & carry a 25' 30 amp extension cord. Rarely need it, but when you do it is handy. Along the same lines, I carry a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter and need it once or twice per trip, a 30 to 15 amp adapter that is rarely, but sometimes needed.

I have found that the utilities in many Canadian campgrounds are further from the site than those in the US (although there are exceptions in both locations). You might want longer lengths if you stay at some of the Canadian provincial parks...
Old 11-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We carry
1) A 25 ft 10/3 extension cord and a 50 ft 12/3 extension cord
2) A 25 ft fresh water hose and a 50 ft fresh water hose
3) A 25 ft and a 50 ft RG6 coax cable
4) A 15 ft Rhino sewer hose
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I have a 25-foot “flat” hose that I purchased many years ago. I haven’t seen them anywhere for a long time, but its best quality is that it is not stiff in cooler temperatures and therefore is very easy to coil. But it has become my second hose. I have a (memory) coil hose I purchased at Camping World. It can be stretched to 25-feet but most time the water spigot is fairly close and since it self coils, I do not have to deal with any “unused” length.

I have a second 30 amp shore power and have used it more often than I have the second water hose. One can use a 3 or 5 gallon jug to keep water in the fresh water tank but they don’t make jugs to carry electricity from the power pedestal to the shore power cord!
I also have a wind-up 25-foot 20 amp cord, rarely used, unless my spouse wants power at the picnic table for whatever reason.

I only have a single 10-foot sewer hose as we generally do not have sewer hookups and 10-feet is an adequate length at dump stations.

As to coax, I only have a 25-foot cable because I really don’t care if I cannot connect to campground cable TV, many of which I have found to be relatively poor.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:44 PM   #17
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I recommend the RV Zero G water hose https://www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-C...8&sr=8-30&th=1

This hose is much lighter and so much easier to manage than the traditional white RV hoses. Liked it so much I got 2 (25 ft) and now my traditional white RV hoses got demoted to the backyard! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
I recommend the RV Zero G water hose https://www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-C...8&sr=8-30&th=1

This hose is much lighter and so much easier to manage than the traditional white RV hoses. Liked it so much I got 2 (25 ft) and now my traditional white RV hoses got demoted to the backyard! -Bea
Bea, I agree with you about the weight of the Zero G hose. I have had two of them, but did not use them with the trailer. Both of mine ended up in the big landfill in the sky for longevity reasons. The fitting on one of them separated from the hose, and the outer fabric coating on the other tore to shreds the first time I dragged it over my lawn. Soon after, the inner conductor developed a bubble, and within a few weeks failed. That was my experience with Zero G and I now feel that I wasted my money purchasing them.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Carl,
When I looked at the picture I noticed no strain relief spring normally found on traditional water hoses and that told me something.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #20
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Bea, I agree with you about the weight of the Zero G hose. I have had two of them, but did not use them with the trailer. Both of mine ended up in the big landfill in the sky for longevity reasons. The fitting on one of them separated from the hose, and the outer fabric coating on the other tore to shreds the first time I dragged it over my lawn. Soon after, the inner conductor developed a bubble, and within a few weeks failed. That was my experience with Zero G and I now feel that I wasted my money purchasing them.
Appreciate the feedback. In our case, my sister and I started using the RV Zero G hoses a year ago and so far, after 10 or so (local) outings (half hook-ups, half dry camping) our hoses have performed flawlessly. If things change we'll be sure to post! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water hose length