Water pump constantly runs - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Does anyone know if there is an internal fuse to check. I did replace the GFI with a new 20 amp one but still no output power. No fan and no lights lighting up. ?
Pure speculation on my part, but the implication from the above statement is that your inverter, if working, would be sending 110 to the GFI, and therefore likely to all the 110V wiring. My suggestion would be to double check that no heavy loads are turned on prior to turning on the inverter. For example, if your hot water heater was in the 110 mode it would present almost a short circuit to an inverter, which would shut down immediately to protect itself.

Can you disconnect all loads from the inverter first? Then see if it turns on.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Filled the fresh tank with water yesterday. The first sign I saw that something wasn’t right with my Shurflo pump was that no water was coming out of the kitchen faucet. Pump sounded normal. So I got underneath there with a flashlight to inspect the pump. It was on, and water was flowing into it just fine, so it seemed. But at the other end, out to the faucets, nada.

A few months ago I had added a second filter, out to the faucets. Back then when I was cleaning out the filter for incoming water I found it to be clogged with paper. Cleaned that out and all seemed fine. Added a second filter at the other end.

Scrutiny today, of my second filter revealed a tiny speck of white paper in there. Aha moment. The source of that paper I had previously concluded must be from months ago when I used a new funnel to manually feed water into the tank. A label probably got washed into the tank and worked its way into the pump.

Had watched that very fine Reece orientation for pump maintenance. Twice. Now I am convinced that either there is scum on the filter screen, or I had missed that more of that paper had found its way from the strainer into the check valve and/or the diaphragm seals.

After I take my pump apart, I also got to wonder why it was installed differently in my trailer than what Reece is showing in his video. Should I invert it like his is?
Attached Thumbnails
pump.jpg  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #43

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the help. I tried both no load and small load but … nothing. Puzzling to me is that my inverter was doing its job when I shut down and put trailer in covered storage 6 months ago. A replacement inverter is expensive enough that I would like to exhaust all possibilities before I open my wallet and get a new one.

Wish I had a wiring diagram for my trailer! Could there be a blown fuse in my converter that could control the operation of my inverter? Any other fuses? With my other issues and limited time I wasn't able to get that far investigating.

Thank you anyone for ideas,

Tom
Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #44

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the help. I tried both no load and small load but … nothing. Puzzling to me is that my inverter was doing its job when I shut down and put trailer in covered storage 6 months ago. A replacement inverter is expensive enough that I would like to exhaust all possibilities before I open my wallet and get a new one.

Wish I had a wiring diagram for my trailer! Could there be a blown fuse in my converter that could control the operation of my inverter? Any other fuses? With my other issues and limited time I wasn't able to get that far investigating.

Tom
Do you have solar? If connected, compatible inverters can be controlled on/off from the standard GoPower solar controller panel as well as a switch on the inverter itself. Is it possible there is some combination of switch positions that are holding out the inverter from powering up? Also there is a low voltage disconnect (LVD) feature. If your inverter saw 11V or lower when you first turned it on it could have locked out and will not reconnect until the battery was charged to 12.4V or higher.

See page 26 & 27:
https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up...M-30-UL-Li.pdf

Beyond an inline fuse on the main 12V feed from the battery there shouldn't be anything else that I'm aware of. The only other thing I can think of is a problem with the transfer switch if you have the option of the inverter wired to all outlets.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Hi Alan,

Tom
If your inverter runs all the outlets when it is on there is an additional breaker box that may have popped breakers. I don't know where it is on a 17, probably near the inverter and/or converter-charger.

On some inverters there is a GFCI outlet on the inverter. That may have popped.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #46

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Hi Alan,

Tom
Since I don't have a built-in inverter, I can not speculate where the fuse(s) may be located. However, it is easy to tell if said fuse is blown - if you can access the 12V terminals on the back of your inverter. This is where the heavy 12V wires from the battery join the inverter. Check for voltage with a multi-meter at that location. First, with the inverter off, then with it on. Those two voltage readings should tell most of the story.

No voltage with inverter off means blown fuse.

Voltage with inverter off, but low voltage with inverter on likely means poor connection somewhere or corrosion in a connection.

Full voltage with the inverter both off and on means you get to exercise your credit card.

Let us know what you find.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water heater, water pump