water pump issue - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2021, 03:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020
water pump issue

Hello! We had a water pump issue. It has been taking us a while to get a hold with the staff from Escape. So I am posting this question here to see if I can get any help.

We bought an Escape 19 last fall, never got a chance to use it and directly winterized it with pressure air method. Last week I added water to the water tank and turned on the pump, the water pump never stops pumping (normally it would build up pressure and stop). I also noticed the water pressure is low (water still comes out from the faucet but it trickles and often goes on and off). I checked and confirmed that the drainage on the water tank is turned off, the water heater vent is turned off, and the water heater by pass is also open. no leak anywhere I could found. When I filled the water tank to the very top, the water pump actually worked (stoped on its own and good pressure), but when the water level went down then the problems came back. Any ideas what is going on?

We are new to this area and would appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!

QZ
Quanzeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanzeng View Post
Hello! We had a water pump issue. It has been taking us a while to get a hold with the staff from Escape. So I am posting this question here to see if I can get any help.

We bought an Escape 19 last fall, never got a chance to use it and directly winterized it with pressure air method. Last week I added water to the water tank and turned on the pump, the water pump never stops pumping (normally it would build up pressure and stop). I also noticed the water pressure is low (water still comes out from the faucet but it trickles and often goes on and off). I checked and confirmed that the drainage on the water tank is turned off, the water heater vent is turned off, and the water heater by pass is also open. no leak anywhere I could found. When I filled the water tank to the very top, the water pump actually worked (stoped on its own and good pressure), but when the water level went down then the problems came back. Any ideas what is going on?

We are new to this area and would appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!

QZ

I would check the winterizing valve and make sure it is closed. also put you finger over the line to make sure it is not sucking air. open the pressure relive valve on water heater and make sure water comes out and not trapped air. There is also I thread on adjusting the pump. this may or may not be your problem.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...off-20304.html

also this video might help

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020
Thanks a lot for the tips! I will give it a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I would check the winterizing valve and make sure it is closed. also put you finger over the line to make sure it is not sucking air. open the pressure relive valve on water heater and make sure water comes out and not trapped air. There is also I thread on adjusting the pump. this may or may not be your problem.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...off-20304.html

also this video might help

Quanzeng is offline   Reply With Quote