Water System Question from a newbie - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2022, 11:37 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If you use loonies, you’ll have to add 20 degrees to the angle due to the exchange rate.
The man knows his audience here...
Old 04-07-2022, 01:42 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape
Thanks for the recommendations. Drain & dry it is....
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 01:18 PM   #43

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Air in water system

I seem to have a lot of air in my system on our 5.0 and low water pressure…….will this alleviate itself over time or do I have the hot and cold water switches not where they should be…….dont remember this happening in other years starting out from winter shutdown
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 02:10 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
But I imagine there's a way to McGyver a plumbing connection out of your WH anode fitting and with a valve, tap off the 6 gallons in your water heater. Plumbing fittings seem to be infinite, just like the Universe. You just have to find the right ones.

That said, I'm going with Baglo's advice.
Watch out if you try and unscrew the anode. As stated elsewhere in this thread, this is a pressurized system and ALL PRESSURE MUST BE RELIEVED before unscrewing.

I did this once and the anode came out with the force of a rail gun! Anyone in the way would have been killed. Shocked the crap out of me!

If you are going to carry extra water to fill up the camper fresh water with, consider getting a screw gun water drill. I have one with a bit of hose and just drill the water right into the fresh water opening. If you use outdoor showers and bio degradable soap, you can shower as much as you want!

This can extend your stay without dumping.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 02:14 AM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
I seem to have a lot of air in my system on our 5.0 and low water pressure…….will this alleviate itself over time or do I have the hot and cold water switches not where they should be…….dont remember this happening in other years starting out from winter shutdown
This sounds like a stuck check valve or a leak in the water pump system.

If this is happening right after Winter start up, I vote stuck check valve in the water pump. This would allow for poor pressure, but the air in system sounds like a leak in the hose. I had to replace my winterization valve due to leakage, which is a very common problem.

Search for water pump problems and you should find some interesting reading.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 09:18 AM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I pretty much know when I’ll be on the road again after returning home from camping. If it’s only going to be a week or two, I may not drain the tank. Three weeks or better, I pull the anode after relieving the pressure in the tank and letting the water cool. Then I let it set open, usually with a piece of toweling stuck in the anode hole to wick away leftover water.

Mid season I also often resanitize the fresh water (cold) system.

As an aside, I fortunately still have pretty strong fingers and can tilt the anode to the proper angle to restart it in the tank threads. I know some folks may have trouble with this and that may govern their desire to pull the anode often. Put a few quarters that you keep in your console for times when you run into pay showers and put them in the 1 1/16 socket to adjust the angle to reseat the anode after you have put a few wraps of Teflon tape on the anode threads ( in the right direction).

If you use loonies, you’ll have to add 20 degrees to the angle due to the exchange rate. JK
Hope this helps, YMMV
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... If you use pocket change there's no exchange on it!!! Someone found my truck unlocked and took my spare change. What hurt the most is they took the coin holder too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 05:57 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Free money

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... If you use pocket change there's no exchange on it!!! Someone found my truck unlocked and took my spare change. What hurt the most is they took the coin holder too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I assume you were in the USA when that robbery happened? Canadians would not steal from an old man would they?
A few years back our town had the street statues program. You know, buffalos eagles etc decorated on street corners and walkways by local “artists”. Well, since Grant Wood lived in Cedar Rapids most of his life, there were statues of the iconic couple from the American Gothic painting. An artist put a real pair of bib overalls on the man and stuck three US one dollar bills in the center front pocket with some of the money showing. We’ll guess what? Somebody took the money the first night. Imagine that. The artist was very disappointed.

Which reminds me “How can you tell an Iowa farmer on a Canadian fishing trip?
He’s wearing a new pair of bib overalls and he’s got a new $5 bill in the front pocket …….and he doesn’t change either one all week.
Iowa Dave

Tags
hot water tank, water system