Weird electricity - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I have copied and printed your very clear, excellent, instructions. Thank you so much. Think we will be all good here. Out in the trailer and under the dinette tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Pmax03Mo.jpg  
Old 10-29-2020, 08:55 PM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I have copied and printed your very clear, excellent, instructions. Thank you so much. Think we will be all good here. Out in the trailer and under the dinette tomorrow.
Myron: This video may help too.

He doesn’t get into the switches and adjusting voltage. He simply tests the DC side before hooking it up to the DC board. That was going to be my initial recommendation. You may not even need to touch the switches. This also leaves you more room if you do need to make an adjustment because I now see that the side with the switch and potentiometer face away from you when you are installing and are totally obscured once it’s slid into the compartment. My bet is the bulk voltage is set from the factory at 14.6V or very close.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
I have copied and printed your very clear, excellent, instructions.
I agree, good job translating the factory instructions. I wouldn't have gotten very far trying to follow them.

Good luck Myron, don't freeze your butt off.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Think we will be all good here. Out in the trailer and under the dinette tomorrow.
Myron: Just checking in. Everything good out there in NM? Hopefully you are all hooked up and operating.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:06 AM   #45

Everything's good, Rubico. Your help made it easy. It did take lots longer to install than if I was 30 years younger and a couple feet smaller but, got it done. Voltage meter confirms the DC side is good, Battleborn is happy. You were right, did not need to make any adjustments to them tiny switches after all.
Attached Thumbnails
PowrMax.jpg  
Old 10-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #46

Quote:
Everything's good, Rubico. Your help made it easy. It did take lots longer to install than if I was 30 years younger and a couple feet smaller but, got it done. Voltage meter confirms the DC side is good, Battleborn is happy. You were right, did not need to make any adjustments to them tiny switches after all.

Great job. Not so bad once we made sense of it all, right?! What is your DC bulk voltage measurement? Is it about the same at DC board terminals and battery posts?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #47

Well I just took a direct reading off the battery this morning and it was 13.5volts. This is with trailer connected to shore power since the new charger install. I was expecting it to be 14+ volts. May be pulling out the converter and making that switch adjustment after all.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #48

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
I have to wonder if things got cold enough for the BMS to shut the battery off - or some other shutdown parameter was seen. I started with a single BB lithium and while I was adding the other two I did something that shut the battery off for a short time. Power came back without me doing anything so I blamed the BMS.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #49

I went under there yesterday planning to do a switch adjustment to the charger but first I did a voltage check and was getting a nice 14.7 volts from the new charger on shore power. So I did the smart thing-- made no changes. That 13.3v reading off the battery must have been for WFCO charger auto-float mode. I do get the full 14volt reading when the solar panels are up and running - (bypassing the WFCO) ... When we get real cold weather again here also plan to do nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
switchAB.jpg