What is the lowest furnace temp - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
What is the lowest furnace temp

Our trailer is stored with no utilities available. No power, nothing. A quick winter storm is passing through central AZ on Thurs night bringing 31°F as overnight temperatures, by Fri it is above freezing again. We leave for Mexico on Mon. Is it possible to set the furnace to 50° and have it come on?
Old 11-01-2022, 09:09 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
If its parked in the sun where it will warm up during the day I wouldn't worry about 31 even with out heat. But with the heat at 50 you will for sure be fine. We just had a couple of early storms, night time low of 18 and our escape wasn't yet winterized. I put an electric space heater inside on medium, and everything was fine.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I don’t remember for sure, but I think it’s around 45F. If your furnace is reliable, you could do that. At 31F, I personally wouldn’t worry about it for the short amount of time outside will be below freezing. If it was not expected to come up, that’s different, but a short dip to 31F would personally give me no concerns.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:57 AM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Is it possible to set the furnace to 50° and have it come on?
In January/February/March in the southwest we set our furnace to 50° when we get back in the afternoon.. At night, after eating our meal outside and having a fire, we use our Mr Buddy to quickly heat the camper to 70°, but then turn Mr Buddy off and set the thermostat to 65°.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Our trailer is stored with no utilities available. No power, nothing. A quick winter storm is passing through central AZ on Thurs night bringing 31°F as overnight temperatures, by Fri it is above freezing again. We leave for Mexico on Mon. Is it possible to set the furnace to 50° and have it come on?
Yes, you can set the furnace to 50 degrees Fahrenheit and have it come keep the interior of the trailer above that temperature. Just remember you can NOT use the furnace if you have a cover on the trailer.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote