21' Escape, 3 Weeks, Family of 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
21' Escape, 3 Weeks, Family of 4

Hello Everyone,

I know Reace and I do not normally post down here however, as some of you are aware we have been on holidays for the past three weeks. However, before I go any further...

I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you who have been sending us photos for the calendar each and posting blogs of your travels in your Escape Trailer's.

Reace and I used the information from all of you to plan our first holiday in three years marking destinations on a map based on the information provided.

We used the first 21' Escape to travel from BC, to Oregon for the Bullard's Beach Trailer Rally. After the rally we continued down the coast to San Francisco where we spent a couple of days enjoying the bay.

From here we turned East and out to Yosemite, Death Valley and of course Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

We then began traveling North heading for Salt Lake City making a small jog West to the Bonneville Salt Flats before sneaking up through Idaho, Oregon, Washington and home.

After staying in the 21' for three weeks both Reace and I were really impressed with the use of space and layout. With four of us in the trailer you may expect that we had every nook and cranny occupied with souvenirs, clothing and camping supplies - but we didn't. Yes, we had sweaters, jeans etc for the cool coastal weather and we also had t-shirts and shorts for the hotter interior weather.

- Did I mention two teenage girls? Whose belongings occupied the rear overhead cabinets and two shelves in the wardrobe.

And we didn't touch the storage space under the dinette, or lower driver's side cabinets and I only had two bins under the bed for dirty clothes and shoes.

For our family I had Reace put two shelves in the wardrobe and hooks for hanging throughout the trailer. Locations included; to the right when you walk in the door, frt. side of the small stack of drawers at the foot of the bed, rear facing fridge wall, and rear facing psgr side dinette wall. I also found a cool garbage can in WalMart that fit perfectly in the space between the door jamb and bathroom wall.

Thank you again for all of your directions to campgrounds, wonderful sights!

Tammy & Reace
Attached Thumbnails
Bonneville Speedway, UT.jpg   Death Valley.jpg   Yosemite, CA.jpg   Zion National Park.jpg  
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Sounds like a great trip. Glad you guys were able to get away for 3 weeks. Sounds like lots of great storage space in the 21, it sure looked like it when I saw it.

Just curious, why are the 3 tail/brake lights above the rear window? How does that work?

BTW, we (well I anyway) want to see more photos.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Sounds like a great trip ! Wow the 21 looks big ( and impressive )
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
Wow! I'm more impressed that you two survived three weeks with two teenage girls!!!
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Drool, drool, drool......
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I really like the idea of seriously using your own product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Wow! I'm more impressed that you two survived three weeks with two teenage girls!!!
I know a couple who took their two teenage girls for a three-week tour of Europe... in a VW Westfalia camper! They all enjoyed the trip, but of course spent very little time other than sleeping in the RV. The Escape 21 must have been a palace in comparison.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Sounds like a great trip. Glad you guys were able to get away for 3 weeks. Sounds like lots of great storage space in the 21, it sure looked like it when I saw it.

Just curious, why are the 3 tail/brake lights above the rear window? How does that work?

BTW, we (well I anyway) want to see more photos.
Hi: Jim Bennett... High mount center stop lamp...I bet. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Hi Jim,

The two outside lights are brake/signal/marker lights and the center is just a marker light.

I needed to have the upper marker lights the same as the 19' however, I wanted to integrate the additional set of LED Brake lights that everyone continues to request.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
The two outside lights are brake/signal/marker lights and the center is just a marker light.
Since the 19' and 21' are over 2 m (80") wide (unlike the 13/15/17/5.0), I assume this means the wide vehicle identification light group, which is three lights together... which can be purchased as one bar like that. Some versions can be wired to light up bright as a CHMSL (centre high mounted stop lamp), which would take a logic module in a trailer combined stop/turn lamp circuits, but I'm not convinced that's a good idea... leaving it as just the ID set makes sense to me.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Reace& Tammy... Great pic's. Sounds like you had a wonderful 3 week trip. We're looking forward to seeing a lot of those same places...when we're retired and make the trip west.
So now it's back to work, sculpting a new 5.0 and filling all those "Re-sizing" orders Eh?
How fast can the F150 EcoBoost V6 tow a 21 Escape on the Bonneville Salt Flats anyway? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Reace,
Did you have a chance to check fuel consumption with the new truck/trailer combo?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Hi Jim,

I needed to have the upper marker lights the same as the 19' however, I wanted to integrate the additional set of LED Brake lights that everyone continues to request.

Reace
Gotcha, thanks. It looks good too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #13

Trailer: 17
"Wow! I'm more impressed that you two survived three weeks with two teenage girls!!!"

LOL, great trip thanks for sharing your photos. Wondered if you were able to say a quick hello to Jeff in Frisco.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote