Advice, please: Alaska and BC - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
We had the same thought. They were so consistantly clean, definitely a cut above others.

We liked the Alaska policy of " if you can get your vehicle off the road it's OK to overnight". Very handy sometimes. Yukon is much stricter, no pulling into gravel pits etc. but the parks are very inexpensive and the facilities are so good, who cares.

Ron

So Ron, is it ok to pull off on what looked like fire access roads? They were plowed a couple hundred feet back off the highway but were snowed in past that ....so heavily that I doubt they could be of use for much of anything.... at least before Spring had melted the snow. I never stopped and checked them out.... couldn't see any "don't you dare' signs.

Anyone know what the policy would be?

Tom
Old 12-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I think that a fire lane, not in use but blocked by snow, could still be a grey area if some official wanted to be in your face. I didn't come across that example when I did my pre-trip research. I always check each states policy on overnighting etc. Alaska's policy seems to be, unless it says you can't, you can. Alaska and Texas, my favorite states.

It was even allowed at the rest stop near Denali, which was really convenient. They did charge a few bucks to overnight but, without having reservations at the peak time, it was great for us.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote