Blogging our way out west - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I just posted bear pictures to my blog -- https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com

We are still in the Tetons. Colter Bay CAmpground has worked out really well for us -- last week on the way back from Jenny Lake we spotted a bear and Terry got some great pictures.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Cool! Thanks for sharing. (Glad you stayed in the car...)
Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I just posted bear pictures to my blog -- https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com

We are still in the Tetons. Colter Bay CAmpground has worked out really well for us -- last week on the way back from Jenny Lake we spotted a bear and Terry got some great pictures.
Looked at your Blog , Ruthe. Looks like you are really enjoying your trip. Can't wait to get out on the road again . Thanks for sharing your pics and blog . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #24

It's been interesting using the Escape in different way. Here in the Tetons it's really been more camping -- using the bathroom facilities more, washing dishes outside -- we've been in the same campsite for two weeks and filled up with water the first day. The black water tank and the water supply were both fine (we could add water a couple gallons at a time) but the gray water tank had to be emptied after 8 days so we needed to hitch up. Now we're being more frugal. The solar panel has been great!!!! We get 100 percent charged each day, even when it is cloudy.

What is interesting to me is that when we camped before it was with children and we had less money. So we rarely ate out (we were also vegetarian). Now, it is like at home -- when we don't feel like cooking we find a restaurant. It is part camping trip and part just traveling like any other tourists.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:37 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Now, it is like at home -- when we don't feel like cooking we find a restaurant.
The only problem with this for us would be, there is usually no restaurant near where we camp most of the time. We kinda like that, but then, we rarely eat at restaurants when at home either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #26

The national parks all seem to have fancy lodges with restaurants -- we haven't stayed in national forests which would be a whole different thing. Meanwhile, now we're in Bozeman, Mt. in a private campground and this is definitely a "city" part of our trip. After two weeks of rationing water use we are very appreciative of hot water showers.

I just posted to the blog https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com
about the part of the trip from Illinois to the Tetons.

We had some water coming through the bathroom window and Terry finally figured out that the tiny vent hole was clogged -- We think it's from water that dripped from the air conditioner and brought down dirt. We used a twist tie and a tweezers and unclogged it and so far the rain hasn't come in. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
The national parks all seem to have fancy lodges with restaurants -- we haven't stayed in national forests which would be a whole different thing. Meanwhile, now we're in Bozeman, Mt. in a private campground and this is definitely a "city" part of our trip. After two weeks of rationing water use we are very appreciative of hot water showers.

I just posted to the blog https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com
about the part of the trip from Illinois to the Tetons.

We had some water coming through the bathroom window and Terry finally figured out that the tiny vent hole was clogged -- We think it's from water that dripped from the air conditioner and brought down dirt. We used a twist tie and a tweezers and unclogged it and so far the rain hasn't come in. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?
Hi Ruthe . If you ever go to Yosmite . The Anawaha hotel in valley . Got to have the blueberry pancakes . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Thanks for the hint about the weep hole in the bathroom window. Mine has been leaking also and I hadn't tried cleaning that out yet. I'll try running a pipe cleaner through the hole to see if that works.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #29

ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com I just posted to the blog -- lots of flowers and views of the Tetons.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #30

RuthMatilskyWorld.wordpress.com I posted pictures and commentary on Theodore Roosevelt National Park to my blog