Blogs, You Tube Videos and Podcasts - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #1

Trailer: Previous 19 owners; Now an LTV, Unity MB class B+
Blogs, You Tube Videos and Podcasts

We enjoy Jon Vermilye's blog and are looking forward to more of Sisababe's blog, where she will keep us up to date as she heads west across the States to pick up her new 5.0TA - and then all the way back again to Massachusetts! It will help us visualize and prepare for our run next spring, albeit, half the distance. And it looks like she will be going right past us in Sioux Falls, so her comments on selecting that route will be interesting to us in particular. We also have been following Camper Girl's Podcast, website and Instagram, as well as others. Janine Pettit just completed a trip in a small teardrop trailer from New Jersey to Yellowstone/Glacier and back, passing through South Dakota both times. Since we have never owned or used an RV, or even tent camped, we are appreciating those who are sharing their journeys and experiences with us in addition to what we see on this forum.

Ken & Karla
Sioux Falls, SD
kwic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Glad you enjoy the journal! By the way, I have links to hundreds of them at my LakeshoreImages website. There is a section for fiberglass trailers. While some have not been updated recently, many are current.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwic1 View Post
We enjoy Jon Vermilye's blog and are looking forward to more of Sisababe's blog, where she will keep us up to date as she heads west across the States to pick up her new 5.0TA - and then all the way back again to Massachusetts! It will help us visualize and prepare for our run next spring, albeit, half the distance. And it looks like she will be going right past us in Sioux Falls, so her comments on selecting that route will be interesting to us in particular. We also have been following Camper Girl's Podcast, website and Instagram, as well as others. Janine Pettit just completed a trip in a small teardrop trailer from New Jersey to Yellowstone/Glacier and back, passing through South Dakota both times. Since we have never owned or used an RV, or even tent camped, we are appreciating those who are sharing their journeys and experiences with us in addition to what we see on this forum.

Ken & Karla
Sioux Falls, SD
Hey Ken and Karla! I'm glad you are enjoying the Wildthingescapes.com blog! I'm on day 4 with Wild Thing and it's been pretty intense and absolutely awesome! I'm available for any questions you may have, just message me! I'm learning as I go and happy to share.[emoji6] When is your hatch date?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:28 AM   #4

Yes, we are following your trip very closely via your blog. It is interesting, timely and informative for us as we visualize what we will be undertaking next spring. Our unit will be completed in January, but we will have Escape hold it till better weather, so looking at an April trip. We will send you a PM. If you hold to your schedule and route, maybe we can meet up with you as you pass Sioux Falls on your return trip. We will have just returned from the 2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous in Thomson, IL where we are attending as guests, but staying in a hotel. I understand there will be over 20 Escapes to view! Wishing you safe travels to you and the "Wildthing" as you return home.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #5

Interesting that Jon Vermilye and Sisababe unknowingly bump into each other in NM. (see their respective blogs). As we get ready to go and pick up our new "19" in April, we have been revisiting both of their earlier posts regarding planning, equipping and traveling to Chilliwack for their orientations and delivery. Our unit is completed, paid for and insured as it sits waiting our arrival (haven't got a name for it yet, but working on it). Many things have been noted that we would have missed or not thought of if not for their blogs. Thanks again to the both of them for sharing their experiences and travels! An update to my previous post in this thread, we did make the Mississippi Rendezvous and meet up with Sarah on her way through South Dakota. Lot's of good info and ideas shared.