"Boondockers Welcome" site - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
"Boondockers Welcome" site

Just discovered this site, through a much older post on this forum. I was wondering if anyone here is a member and your thoughts on their program.

https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

I mentioned it to hubby a few minutes ago and he thought it was great. He said we could even host at our place as we have a big gravel parking area. However, to be a better host, we would need to add outside power, which is something he wants to do anyway. And especially for when we get our trailer, as it'd be nice to hook it up to power without running several extension cords from inside the house.

Thanks for your comments.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Just for giggles, I entered Omaha NE as I know the area, got no hits within 50 miles. Went to the Escapees "DaysEnd" directory and there are at least half a dozen, I'll stick with that one.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Just for giggles, I entered Omaha NE as I know the area, got no hits within 50 miles. Went to the Escapees "DaysEnd" directory and there are at least half a dozen, I'll stick with that one.
Well, I guess it would depend on who all signs up with the Boondockers site is how many you would find. I'm not familiar with the DaysEnd directory. Is that on this forum? Will have to do a search for it later on.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #4

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, I guess it would depend on who all signs up with the Boondockers site is how many you would find. I'm not familiar with the DaysEnd directory. Is that on this forum? Will have to do a search for it later on.
I would not lean towards the 5.0ta, just order it, you will be glad u did.

ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I misread the op, DaysEnd is just a list of boondock sites.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I have been familiar with Boondockers Welcome for a while. I have a relative who hosts fellow campers by Douglas, Wyoming and they own a Leisure Travel van which is built in Winkler, Manitoba. We missed them coming back from Chilliwack last fall as the were at their RV company's rally. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
The Boondockers Welcome site has matured over the last few years with many more hosts now. I was wondering if anyone is using this. With the pandemic continuing and concerns with maintaining mental and physical health a short, socially distanced getaway could be just the ticket. No crowded campgrounds to deal with. Just tow your trailer to a nice plot of land or a basecamp for a new area to explore...and it's free. Might not even meet the owner.
https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/searchhosts/
Old 10-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I have friends who have both used it and who host for it. (They have some very nice sites.) i'm interested and likely will consider it if I take a longer trip. I could potentially host smaller rigs in my driveway- not a great campsite but a great location, people just have to be able to back in. So I've thought about doing it.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #9

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
little late to this thread, but

We hardly ever use Days End. We find Boondockers Welcome has better sites for us. With a trailer, you need to make sure the site works ahead of time. We both use and host BW. We find a lot of the DE stops are not places we want to stop. It depends on your travel / camping style. Both can be useful, but we renewed BW, and did not renew DE. Typically, our first choices are national forest and COE campgrounds followed by a couple of days once every week or two with full hookups.
brroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I have been following the Boondockers Welcome page for the last year but we have yet to partake.

Last year there was more stress on the camp grounds than ever due to the pandemic and everyone wanting to do something. I feel 2021 will be a record year for camping here in BC and reservations will be crazier than ever.

Trying to plan a small trip to sprinkle some ashes via the reservation system...one night at a time, will be almost impossible during the summer.

I am looking forward in using the Boondockers web page as there are plenty of locations in Canada. It will be nice to meet people and learn about their area...at a distance of course.

Being self contained in our own pod seams like a safe way to get out and about.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote