Bucket list..... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Rising sea levels in FL

We Canadians will still be going to FL since the water is not rising as climate alarmists forecast. Here's Fernandina Beach FL which appears to have records from 1856 with a gap but the trend line is constant. Yes sea levels are rising but not at any rate which will soon cause massive flooding.
Attached Thumbnails
8720030_meantrend.png  
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Not to say Glacier NP isn’t spectacular in its own right, but having been to both, if you can only go to one I’d say go to Banff NP and the other Canadian Rockies parks instead. I found them to be far more incredible and beautiful and amazing than Glacier. Plus they actually still have glaciers! Also there are some amazing provincial and national parks in British Columbia as well. So many places to go, so little time
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
With climate change, you might want to go before they change the name to Dirt National Park.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Camping

Camped at Glacier in 1972 and about a half a dozen times since the last being 2016. Drive the highway through the ice fields in the Canadian Rockies where people ride a bus to the glacier tip and you now park in a parking area that used to be covered with ice. That’s not fake news and to have seen the Recession of the ice with my own eyes is proof enough for me. Armadillos in Southern Iowa, are you kidding me?
Iowa Dave
Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've done all the bucket list things, not that there aren't plenty of places I've not been to, just none I've always dreamt of seeing.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
My bucket list is mostly of people that I would not miss if they did kick the bucket.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #27

Trailer: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've been working on a bucket list for more than 10 years. Checked off a few on my Big Trip in 2018. Not all are RV related... like the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame! A few I was able to see... like Gettysburg. But realized three days wasn't enough. I hope to go back and spend 10 days or more.

I feel bad for those that keep going back to the same-ole places. My lovely Mom told me early on. Don't do the same thing 75 times and call it a life. Eventually the body is unwilling and the memories you made sustain you.

Keep moving forward! Make NEW memories. Be safe, be well
Arcadia n.p. Recommend If anyone is traveling on north east coast.
South Dakota national or better are their state park
Jaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
In no particular order:
  • Redwoods Nat'l Park
    Yosemite Nat'l Park
    Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
    Devils Tower, Wyoming
    Death Valley Nat'l Park
    Midget wrestling (don't need trailer)
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #29

Bucket List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Mike View Post
In no particular order:
  • Redwoods Nat'l Park
    Yosemite Nat'l Park
    Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
    Devils Tower, Wyoming
    Death Valley Nat'l Park
    Midget wrestling (don't need trailer)
Hi Mike
Out of curiosity I looked at your list. I feel fortunate to have experienced several of your choices. I can highly recommend camping at Devils Tower, what a great area. And another thing that I experience many years ago at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Cedar Rapids Iowa, and I know, not politically correct, on the undercard Midget Women Tag Team wrassling. The feature was probably something like “Dick the Bruiser” vs “Mad Dog Vachon”.
And the next week a show produced by Smokey Smith Enterprises featuring Porter Wagoner and the Wagon Masters with a young lady who had some promise, Miss Dolly Parton. Those were the days.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 AM   #30

Trailer: na
Hi,
My Bucket list (Jerry Seinfeld recommends swapping an F for the B) revolves around trout fishing. Alaska, NZ, Patagonia. I have been returning to YS for years and backpacking 8 miles in to the same spot on Slough Creek. Hard to tire of perfection...
J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:28 AM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucancallmejay View Post
Hi,
My Bucket list (Jerry Seinfeld recommends swapping an F for the B) revolves around trout fishing. Alaska, NZ, Patagonia. I have been returning to YS for years and backpacking 8 miles in to the same spot on Slough Creek. Hard to tire of perfection...
J
You’ll probably like this thread
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...pics-9619.html
Old 05-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Mike
Out of curiosity I looked at your list. I feel fortunate to have experienced several of your choices. I can highly recommend camping at Devils Tower, what a great area. And another thing that I experience many years ago at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Cedar Rapids Iowa, and I know, not politically correct, on the undercard Midget Women Tag Team wrassling. The feature was probably something like “Dick the Bruiser” vs “Mad Dog Vachon”.
And the next week a show produced by Smokey Smith Enterprises featuring Porter Wagoner and the Wagon Masters with a young lady who had some promise, Miss Dolly Parton. Those were the days.
Iowa Dave
Thats a blast from the past.... I remember Dick the Bruiser from my childhood. Along with Pretty Boy Bobby Heenan and Ernie Ladd.
jeffrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #33

Wrestlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow View Post
Thats a blast from the past.... I remember Dick the Bruiser from my childhood. Along with Pretty Boy Bobby Heenan and Ernie Ladd.
My brother was A big fan too. Once we were at the baseball park when they had on open air program I was about 13. I went to the restroom before the next match started. Getting ready to wrestle and standing outside the restroom door was BoBo Brazil talking to Haystack Calhoun. Two huge men the likes of which I had never seen. One of my cousins was pretty big at 6’5” and 375 lbs. Of course his work shirts had his work name on them “Tiny”. One of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He liked wrasslin too.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Alaska
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #35

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Aloysius (Lou) Thesz
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #36

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucancallmejay View Post
Hi,
J
I first fished slough creek in 1964 when I was 8, been back many times. Another gem in Yellowstone is Shoshone Lake hike or canoe in. Oh the memories of that place. Another epic trip is Yellowstone in winter. Rented a snowmobile, rode into park and spent 3 nights at the old faithful snow lodge. Toured the park all three days. Watched old faithful with 5 other people.
Did New Zealand for a retirement trip when I retired in 2016, rented a camper van and toured south island for a month. Beautiful country. Bucket list part was a day heliskiing in Glenorchy ( where lord of the rings was filmed ). Then three days in Tahiti.

On the to do list

Alaska
South on Mexico 1 down the Baja, ferry across the sea of Cortez to the mainland then north.
Devil's tower and the Custer battlefield.
Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia ( I love seafood ).
Across the southern States. ( I love seafood ).
Did the pacific coast on the trip home from Chilliwack after pickup. ( I love seafood ).

Hears to many more epic trips soon!
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #37

Mothers Day

Had a good Mother’s Day. My son stopped by with their daughter Cody Jane and we walked the yard looking at the trees in bloom and about everything else for about a half an hour. It was cold and windy but that 18 month old grand daughter smiled the whole time. Then a few hours later my daughter, son in law, and two grandsons 12 and just 3 came up. The 12 year old made his third batch of bagels from scratch in the past week for his grandma and fresh strawberry cream cheese spread. To keep the 3 year old away, for a laugh I put up some flagging. The three year old thought it was neat to have his own half of the garage. Had no problem at all. The 3 year old called me PopPop muskrat as they left. Where did that come from?
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
E3A8B223-F8C7-4677-85C7-3BD6807E2326.jpg  
Old 05-11-2020, 05:03 AM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I have a number of places I would like to visit, but I never “put” them in the so-called bucket. I always figured maybe sometime I will get there, but if I don’t, so be it. But now I have created a single item bucket list. I just want to be able to travel to any non-specific location without having to socially distance from others, to be able to interact with strangers who may become friends, to visit restaurants and enjoy meals with others, etc. Bucket lists are those activities we hope to engage in before our death. I suspect/ with the rush to open things up and some of the irresponsible behavior that already is or has been observed, the COVID-19 danger is only going to be prolonged for a much greater time than it would be if people were to simply do as the medical experts suggest. I also fear that the death toll is going to skyrocket. At my age and that of many of the members here, should the current crisis go on for years, some of us may not live long enough to safely accomplish any of our bucket dreams.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #39

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
While everyone is sitting at home dreaming of where they might be try using Google Earth. You can take a virtual trip anywhere in the world and start to do some research before you actually go. Go down to street view where possible and it’s like you are there.
Attached Thumbnails
C51D46AF-C735-4732-9727-FCBD72ECCE8E.jpg   25B7424E-82E3-4AF9-9304-355C10EFE386.jpg   FAB2AA11-790B-485B-AA92-BA2BC57D44F9.jpg  
Old 05-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Google earth is great..........but........