Bucket list..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Bucket list.....

Not being able to travel has me perusing maps and planning trips. Decided on making a bucket list of places to visit and experience. Right now I'm hoping to travel the Grand Circle in Utah so that is number one on my list. Next, I'd like to drive Beartooth Highway one day towing or in my Mustang. Glacier NP has always escaped our visits so that is number#3 on the list. Arkansas is the only state I have never visited, so Diamond State Park is #4. Finally rounding out the top 5 is Michigan UP for a summer camping visit.
So what and where is on your bucket list to experience with your Escape, may have to steal some ideas from others.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I want to do a US loop, hit New England at the peak of fall color, swing down the coast to Georgia, then over to Texas, NM, AZ, back home via Colorado.

I'd also like to do the Maritimes but don't know about making that the same trip so there may be a cross-Canada trip one day.

And third is Alaska. (or probably second in actual order of doing things.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Southern Utah and Glacier NP are probably our two favorite places. We've been going to both of them for 20 years, spent a couple of summers as campground hosts at Glacier when we first began RV'ing in 2000. We always try to visit some new places on every trip, but keep going back to our favorites and they never get old. Biting our nails right now to see how things go as the summer progresses, we have a two month trip planned for August and September to.....Glacier and southern Utah. Lots of time spent lining up reservations at terrific campsites all along the way, now who knows what the situation will be then. We'll hope for the best, if not then there's always next year.

You have a good bucket list.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not being able to reveal has me perusing maps and planning trips. Decided on making a bucket list of places to visit and experience. Right now I'm hoping to travel the Grand Circle in Utah so that is number one on my list. Next, I'd like to drive Beartooth Highway one day towing or in my Mustang. Glacier NP has always escaped our visits so that is number#3 on the list. Arkansas is the only state I have never visited, so Diamond State Park is #4. Finally rounding out the top 5 is Michigan UP for a summer camping visit.
So what and where is on your bucket list to experience with your Escape, may have to steal some ideas from others.
Right now I'd be quite happy to just get out camping again. Anywhere!
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've been working on a bucket list for more than 10 years. Checked off a few on my Big Trip in 2018. Not all are RV related... like the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame! A few I was able to see... like Gettysburg. But realized three days wasn't enough. I hope to go back and spend 10 days or more.

I feel bad for those that keep going back to the same-ole places. My lovely Mom told me early on. Don't do the same thing 75 times and call it a life. Eventually the body is unwilling and the memories you made sustain you.

Keep moving forward! Make NEW memories. Be safe, be well
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
We live out West (New Mexico) so our bucket list for west of the Mississippi has been pretty much checked off over the past 20 years of RVing. We were planning to take a trip this summer to visit the major Civil War battle sites ending in New England in the Fall for leaf peeping. Also, we really want to drive across Canada 1 West to East and visit the Maritime Provinces of Canada, sometime or other.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Donna, I always love your advice.

A few things on my list would be Zion, International Story Telling Festival in Tennessee, Northern Lights, 1 month road trip with no reservations.
mconrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
1. Alaska by land with the Escape. Plan for better part of a summer for this one.

2. Alaska by boat. Inside passage on our Allweather trawler.

3. Canada to Mexico along Pacific Coast, by bike, with my oldest daughter, who will be 10 this year. Need to do several shorter warmup trips before we’re ready for this one.

4. Newfoundland, with the trailer.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Fishing the Churchill River in Northern Canada - Making the Lake Superior Circle Tour
Touring New England in the Fall - Attending the Escape Rally in Osoyoos and having breakfast with Jim Bennett
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have done a lot of things on my bucket list. The biggest so far was 12,000 miles from California across the middle of the US, to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and PEI, then down the east coast to the southern states, then across the lower states home. I missed the outer banks because of a hurricane. There are about 5 states I haven't yet seen. I could easily spend a few weeks in Colorado, Montana, Idaho. I would like to return to Alaska; there was a lot I didn't see, but driving is out of the question because of the time it would take to get there. I might rent a camper van or some such and do a month or more there. I think I'll run out of time and/or body mobility before I run out of destinations.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
My plan to circumnavigate the lower 48 states plus a side trip to Alaska this year was cancelled, and I actually always thought it was too ambitious. So I'll try for shorter, 3-4 month excursions instead:

- I want to spend more time in the upper Mississippi / Great Lakes region
- Newfoundland, in time to see the icebergs offshore
- Back to California and the PNW. That never gets old.
- I need to go to Big Bend again. I don't mind repeat trips to places I've been to before, because I always see something new.
- A month in Texas state parks in the spring / fall.
- When I turn 65 next year I can get a geezer pass for Florida's state parks. I want to spend more time in my home state and get to know it better. That is, if you Yankees and Canadians don't take all of the camping reservations!
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've been watching the news. Seeing video of tourist attractions before and after the Covid 19 and realizing, that I have no desire to be one of the thousands shooting selfies in front of some landmark.
I'm perfectly happy returning to a place I've been, to a campsite I know is perfect, to paddle my own canoe.
There is plenty of excellent video of exotic places on TV that doesn't require a weight distribution hitch.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've been watching the news. Seeing video of tourist attractions before and after the Covid 19 and realizing, that I have no desire to be one of the thousands shooting selfies in front of some landmark.
I’ve been imagining a steady stream of trailers heading out of town whenever the “all clear” sounds. I’ll not be working on a bucket list till the dust settles. I’m enjoying memories of the last five years of Escape Camping. I think my wife and I will pick through our memories of favourite trips and choose our first trip carefully.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:15 AM   #14

My bucket list includes a 63 night trip through Canada and Alaska supported by an RV caravan in 2021.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #15

I see we have rightfully expanded beyond Escape trips. So... Trans Canadian train, Hiking the Wonderland Trail around Mt. Rainier, Biking the Oregon Coast with my daughter (now 12).
mconrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
This morning after skimming both Canadian and US headlines I noted (but didn’t read) an article headed something like “A deep recession” is headed our (the world’s way). I suppose our view on the pandemic and all the rest may depend on weather a person is an optimist or pessimist (or a realist but don’t most of us think we are realists?).

The idea that some kind of a deep recession is coming our way sounds realistic to me. With that in mind I’ve decided that the time for writing/dreaming about bucket lists is over (at least for me). I’m siding with Glenn Baglo’s last post on this thread for the most part. Except I’m don’t believe there is any such thing as the “perfect” campsite (depending on how one defines the term perfect). At least I haven’t found it. I absolutely have my favourite campgrounds and campsites.

So I’m downsizing my “bucket list” and even my plans of interprovincial or international travel. We have our truck & trailer. Even in the midst of a “deep recession” I believe that when it’s safe to do so, we will be able to get out of the Lower Mainland, out to some of our favourite camping areas, all within about a half day’s travel of here.

So those are my, hopefully not too dismal thoughts, as I head into the day.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Campsites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
My plan to circumnavigate the lower 48 states plus a side trip to Alaska this year was cancelled, and I actually always thought it was too ambitious. So I'll try for shorter, 3-4 month excursions instead:

- I want to spend more time in the upper Mississippi / Great Lakes region
- Newfoundland, in time to see the icebergs offshore
- Back to California and the PNW. That never gets old.
- I need to go to Big Bend again. I don't mind repeat trips to places I've been to before, because I always see something new.
- A month in Texas state parks in the spring / fall.
- When I turn 65 next year I can get a geezer pass for Florida's state parks. I want to spend more time in my home state and get to know it better. That is, if you Yankees and Canadians don't take all of the camping reservations!
As the climate change continues to melt the polar icecaps and raise the level of the oceans I don’t foresee the exodus of Yankees to a flooded Florida continuing but rather a migration of Confederates to the cooler, more desirable climes of the Nortn. Many parks in our area do not take reservations for all of the sites just a percentage. Many, no reservations at all, just first come first served with two week limits.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-15-2020, 11:16 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
My problem is that my "Bucket List" seems to get longer with every cross country trip, even though I manage to cross off a bunch each time.

There is one that probably won't see the 21 (or me, since I no longer enjoy flying) - The Hanna Road in Hawaii.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... The first thing on my "Bucket list" is... I need a new bucket!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #20

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Iowa Dave says

“As the climate change continues...”

https://earthsky.org/earth/march-202...obal-on-record

Some will see it as fake news, some won’t.
Either way, the article makes for interesting reading.