Camping for trailer repairs at ETI - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Camping for trailer repairs at ETI

The day after leaving Osoyoos, we have an appointment at ETI for 10am to get the rear window seal replaced. We are looking for a place to overnight near Chilliwack. In the US we normally overnight in a Walmart, Cracker Barrel, rest area or truck stop. Does anyone know of a place like that, or a campground near Chilliwack?

If you have done something other than staying in your trailer when getting repairs, what did you do and how did it work out?
Old 05-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

Trailer: escape 21, 2018
Are you to leave the trailer overnight at ETI? If that is so, I would stay at the Best Western that is just a short distance away. Where are you staying the night before dropping off your trailer? Is that a possibility?
snowmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmtn View Post
Are you to leave the trailer overnight at ETI? If that is so, I would stay at the Best Western that is just a short distance away. Where are you staying the night before dropping off your trailer? Is that a possibility?
Thanks for your response. We are looking for a place to stay the night before we get the trailer repaired. Our appointment is at 10am. I expect the repairs to only take an hour or 2. We prefer to stay in the trailer, not a hotel. We don't need hookups, just a place to park and sleep for the night.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
freecampsites.net is a great resource for one night stopovers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
freecampsites.net is a great resource for one night stopovers.
Thanks Jim. I just looked up Chilliwack on freecampsites.net. It looks like Chilliwack Walmart allows overnighting in their parking lot. That's just what we are looking for.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We stayed at Cottonwoods campground, private, very close to Escape last year when we had some work done at Escape. Two nights was nearly $100 But then we are camping this summer for 8 nights at Ontario Provincial parks, 4 with power, 4 without, total for eight nights is $373 including reservation fees. Camping in Canada is not cheap, but then nothing here is, except for medical care

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Agree with Adrian that Cottonwood campground is nice!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Agree with Adrian that Cottonwood campground is nice!
Jan and Paul you're going to have to change "trailer" and your signature very soon

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Cultus Lake Provincial Park is only a short drive (about 18km) from Escape's factory. We have stayed there a couple of times while visiting Escape for service or repairs. The park is very nice and well worth visiting.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Sounds like you just need a place to stop for the night...I would just pull into the front lot of ETI and stay there. If you arrive later in the evening they should have returned all their trailers and equipment from the Rally. With your Escape trailer you will look like you belong.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Sounds like you just need a place to stop for the night...I would just pull into the front lot of ETI and stay there. If you arrive later in the evening they should have returned all their trailers and equipment from the Rally. With your Escape trailer you will look like you belong.
I e-mailed ETI asking about parking in their lot overnight. Here is Reace's answer.

You are welcome to park in our parking lot, however please park in the service drop off area. Essentially you can nose up to the fence nearest the brick wall. The staff will be using rest of the parking lot. I noticed Dustin has you scheduled for 10 am, however if you plan to stay in the parking lot, I would need you to check in at 8 so we can get the trailer moved in and out of the way as there are more trailers being dropped off that morning.

Reace
Old 05-29-2018, 10:02 PM   #12

Overnight at ETI

Here we are overnighting at ETI. We got in at about 4pm and I spoke with Reace. We came in due to having a small leak in the back window, but he will also check some other things. The guest wifi works great!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN9775.jpg  
Old 05-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Place to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Cultus Lake Provincial Park is only a short drive (about 18km) from Escape's factory. We have stayed there a couple of times while visiting Escape for service or repairs. The park is very nice and well worth visiting.
I’ve stayed at Cottonwood and at Cultus lake both and personally much prefer Cultus
Lake. I think it was about $32 CAN a night about 2 years ago. We stayed at Cultus the night before ETI improved the 19 and it took a little longer than they predicted so it was about three or four in the PM when they got done. We went back to Cultus Lake and stayed a second night. And then got an early start the next day and we were fresh for a long drive day.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote