Get ready for $4+ gas prices.. - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 09:42 AM   #41

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Mike G... This must be the reason they call it "Crude"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Gas certainly can smell a bit like the old crude.

But I am trying to take more fiber....
Old 02-19-2022, 10:26 AM   #42

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I chaired a national committee tasked with “fixing” the problems caused by introducing reformulated diesel fuel in California that had not been sufficiently tested and which had resulted in fuel system failures in trucks and passenger cars.

After nearly a year meeting with representatives of all the major oil companies, it became clear to me that attributing rises or reduction in fuel prices in the US to political motives reveals both a lack of understanding of market forces, executive pricing discretion and the ability of any US administration to directly effect pricing changes short of opening up federal reserves which happens rarely.

Given that every administration gets blamed for rising costs in all sectors (some justifiably), it stands to reason that if an administration could score political points from lowering fuel prices, they would.
Old 02-19-2022, 10:59 AM   #43

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
I chaired a national committee tasked with “fixing” the problems caused by introducing reformulated diesel fuel in California that had not been sufficiently tested and which had resulted in fuel system failures in trucks and passenger cars.

After nearly a year meeting with representatives of all the major oil companies, it became clear to me that attributing rises or reduction in fuel prices in the US to political motives reveals both a lack of understanding of market forces, executive pricing discretion and the ability of any US administration to directly effect pricing changes short of opening up federal reserves which happens rarely.

Given that every administration gets blamed for rising costs in all sectors (some justifiably), it stands to reason that if an administration could score political points from lowering fuel prices, they would.
This argument always sounded pretty good in the past, but as it was blown up right before us- I’m not going to go into a tit for tat, so I’ll just leave it at that…
Old 02-19-2022, 12:15 PM   #44

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
yep.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
I find the repeated interjection of politics tiresome. I see it on this thread, and I've seen it recently on several others. It's generally the same actors. I had understood that digression into politics wasn't allowed on these forums. In fact it seems to get cleaned up promptly on the other fiberglass forum, which I greatly appreciate.
Exactly why I have 29 posts (now 30) and will probably never hit 50......
Old 02-19-2022, 05:20 PM   #45

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I went to a Costco fuel station once here in Calgary about 2 months ago. Sure I saved nearly $10, but due to the fact it took over 20 minutes to get to the pumps and I could only do a maximum of #150 fill (which granted was close to full), I won't be going back soon...
150 pounds? Did you mean $150? I've never seen a fill amount limitation, and I've filled a ten-ton motorhome (240 litre tank) at Costco... but it takes two transactions if you want to tap to pay for a large enough amount (at any station, not just Costco).
Old 02-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #46

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Paid $3.06/gal today everywhere else was $3.28/Gal.

Feels like victory.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #47

Quote:
I find the repeated interjection of politics tiresome. I see it on this thread, and I've seen it recently on several others. It's generally the same actors. I had understood that digression into politics wasn't allowed on these forums. In fact it seems to get cleaned up promptly on the other fiberglass forum, which I greatly appreciate.

I also question a signature line that includes: PAYBACK is a #%$&$&

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/m...ork&page=rules

While I admire and respect those who manage to look past these behaviours and stay here communicating in a friendly conversational tone, I think these sorts of posts make many others feel unwelcome and probably cause more than a few to just move on to some other venue.
See if this helps you, some threads it’s no surprise to anyone where it will eventually go, avoid those threads. If someone post about the price of fuel, covid, eggs, Canadian truckers, you pretty much know it’s going to go there, and for good reason.
On these threads it is as in life there will be different opinions from your own. There are some who can have their feelings easily hurt if their opinions aren’t considered the gospel. Then there are others who are accustomed to being around people with different points of view.

There are threads that are of no use to me, I pass on them and click on something else.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #48

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
150 pounds? Did you mean $150? I've never seen a fill amount limitation, and I've filled a ten-ton motorhome (240 litre tank) at Costco... but it takes two transactions if you want to tap to pay for a large enough amount (at any station, not just Costco).

There were fill amount limits at some stations back in 2008. I know I was trying to fill a gas F250 for trips to FL from up state NY, to deal with aging parents. It will start again. Glad I decided to say with smaller E19 & PreRunner.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
See if this helps you
I sent Leo (Ooshkaboo) kind of a long PM and one part stood out.

Quote:
If I've got trailer issues, I go to a trailer site. If I've got hemorrhoids, I go to a medical site. If I'm interested in politics, I go to news and commentary sites. If I want a recipe I go to a food site. But, personally, I don't want to see politics on a trailers site any more than I want to see pictures of folk's hemorrhoids on the food site.
I wonder if they'll let me use that as a signature line here?
Old 02-20-2022, 01:52 PM   #50

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
There were fill amount limits at some stations back in 2008...
Sure, most of us are old enough to at least heard of gas rationing, but not in Calgary two months ago.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:41 PM   #51

Quote:
I sent Leo (Ooshkaboo) kind of a long PM and one part stood out.

I wonder if they'll let me use that as a signature line here?
Hi Mike, I did see your msg, 64 and sunny here so its been great watching the snow and ice go away, just busy busy. Unfortunately could be more coming, but it wont last either, here winter is coming to an end.

Do I prefer the way things were so far as political discourse in the past compared to the last 12 or 20 years, you bet-but here we are…

I hope the weather is good where you are and you’re having a good day, I didn’t look see to where that is.

This being Sunday the serenity prayer comes to mind, so back to work on my 5.0.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:43 PM   #52

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Hi Mike, I did see your msg, 64 and sunny here so its been great watching the snow and ice go away, just busy busy.

I hope the weather is good where you are and you’re having a good day, I didn’t look see to where that is.
Excellent, busy is good. This will probably sound a little awkward, but what's "snow and ice"? I thought we gave all those parts to Canada.

We're out by the Puget Sound, which mainly keeps things pretty temperate here (except for Glenn!)
Attached Thumbnails
Salish-Sea.jpg  
Old 02-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #53

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Then don't go to Death Valley!

Premium was $7.21/gal at Furnace Creek in Death Valley last week.
$6.57/gal for regular.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #54

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by C57D View Post
$6.57/gal for regular.
Sounds like a visit to Death Valley could kill a travel budget!
Old 02-23-2022, 01:56 PM   #55

Trailer: 2022 Lynne's Escape19 TV GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel/
Exclamation Cosco and gas prices

When I was living in the Bellingham area (Blaine) and I went to Cosco you could always tell who the Canadians were. That was the guy in front of you when he started filling his tank, he would open his trunk and begin removing 5 gallon Jerry cans. Numbering anywhere from 4 to 10 because the difference in fuel costs was roughly between one to two dollars. The only time I didn't see the place crammed is when they close the border.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:09 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Yep, I think with recent global events the last few days (today is 2/23)we might be seeing much higher than $4.00. Let’s hope things settle down.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:53 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by C57D View Post
$6.57/gal for regular.
Just wait til California switches to the more expensive summer blend!
Old 02-23-2022, 05:10 PM   #58

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by take_a_hike View Post
just wait til california switches to the more expensive summer blend!
ouch !!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2022, 05:42 PM   #59

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
$4 and even $5 per gallon gas prices in the near future would not surprise me. Just remember, if we do the right thing in 2024 we could see gas prices return to less than $3. Until then, the US is getting what it has coming.
Is this a comment with political overcures? I almost immediately get censured by the moderators if I stray in these waters.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #60

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
When I was living in the Bellingham area (Blaine) and I went to Cosco you could always tell who the Canadians were. That was the guy in front of you when he started filling his tank, he would open his trunk and begin removing 5 gallon Jerry cans. Numbering anywhere from 4 to 10 because the difference in fuel costs was roughly between one to two dollars. The only time I didn't see the place crammed is when they close the border.
Funny story about Costco vs Cosco. Cosco is China Overseas Shipping Co. and you see sea containers moving with those letters. In Thunder Bay years ago people told me they saw these and thought we were getting a Costco, that is a membership warehouse shopping place. Thunder Bay still has no Costco although they talk about it coming a lot.
Closed Thread