How much does it cost to attend the rally in Osoyoos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
How much does it cost to attend the rally in Osoyoos

I found a box with most of our receipts from our recent cross country trip from Pennsylvania across to California and then north up to Osoyoos Rally in May before returning to Pennsylvania 2 weeks later. We left late Tuesday evening and stopped in Missouri/Ok border Wednesday night, Thursday we stopped in Amarillo for dinner at The Big Texan Restaurant, Friday we stopped in Arizona and arrived in California on Saturday afternoon. We stayed until Monday lunchtime and headed north through California, Oregon, stopped at a rest stop at Washington/Oregon border and arrived in Osoyoos on Tuesday. We stayed 5 nights at NK'MIP before leaving Sunday for home. We stopped on the road Sunday and stayed in Iowa Monday, on road Tuesday and home Wednesday evening. Seven thousand miles avg 15 mpg. We spent $1400 on gas @
$3/g avg. Campgrounds came to $400, tolls $55 and food cost around $300, Total $2155 for 15 days of pure fun, sightseeing, seeing family and friends along the way,
enjoying local tourist traps and attending the rally. This was our third trip to Osoyoos because we really enjoy the location well as meeting and seeing other forum members and their Escapes plus Tammy and Reace and family and other employees of Escape.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
... Thursday we stopped in Amarillo for dinner at The Big Texan Restaurant, ...
Did you eat all of that 64 oz. steak plus the trimmings to get it for free? I've watched people try. Have yet to witness one of the few who can.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 21' 2018
I can't wait to comment more closely once my son goes to bed, thanks so much for all this input!
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
We left late Tuesday evening and stopped in Missouri/Ok border Wednesday night, Thursday we stopped in Amarillo for dinner at The Big Texan Restaurant, Friday we stopped in Arizona and arrived in California on Saturday afternoon. We stayed until Monday lunchtime and headed north through California, Oregon, stopped at a rest stop at Washington/Oregon border and arrived in Osoyoos on Tuesday. .
You're always my excuse when I want to make a few more miles in a day. I aways say, heck, Jim does twice this milage in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Did you eat all of that 64 oz. steak plus the trimmings to get it for free? I've watched people try. Have yet to witness one of the few who can.
Almost makes me want to heave just thinking about it. I just had a choice between a 16 oz. and 32 oz. prime rib. Even though I was eating at no cost the thought of the 32 oz. wasn't pleasant. Even the 16 oz. was way more than I needed. 64 oz.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Best steak I've had recently was a 4 oz. filet mignon with a wild mushroom and port wine reduction. I ate the whole thing.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
When I was younger if I went to an all you can eat prime rib buffet the restaurant was the loser . Now that I am almost 70 when I go a prime rib buffet the restaurant wins
So I guess all things level out over time.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
...seeing family and friends along the way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
You're always my excuse when I want to make a few more miles in a day. I aways say, heck, Jim does twice this milage in a day.
Yes, but he only waved to those friends and family in passing as he drove by.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Big steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Almost makes me want to heave just thinking about it. I just had a choice between a 16 oz. and 32 oz. prime rib. Even though I was eating at no cost the thought of the 32 oz. wasn't pleasant. Even the 16 oz. was way more than I needed. 64 oz.

Ron
The "trimmings" will get you every time. It's not that much fun to eat until you hurt. I used to do it every so often and then ask myself why. I'm still a pretty good meat eater but about 22 ounces of steak and a half of a baked potato just about does it for me. I'd rather have quality and a taste of say a couple ribs, piece of chicken, piece of fish and a couple sides. And a piece of pie for dessert.
Iowa " you gonna eat that or move into it" Dave
Old 01-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
When I was younger if I went to an all you can eat prime rib buffet the restaurant was the loser . Now that I am almost 70 when I go a prime rib buffet the restaurant wins
So I guess all things level out over time.
If your almost 70 after eating all that prime rib, your ahead of the game
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here is a woman eating 2 of the dinners, I could never eat a 24 oz steak, let alone something 3 times larger. We stop there because the cg has a fenced in pet yard and the Big Texan picks you up at the cg and returns you there. I get 2 small meals to go and sample some rattlesnake beer. I do not have to unhook means we can get on the road early in the am....
Old 01-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Best steak I've had recently was a 4 oz. filet mignon with a wild mushroom and port wine reduction. I ate the whole thing.
4-6 oz. filet and sautéed mushrooms! MmmMmm

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Breakfast or Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
4-6 oz. filet and sautéed mushrooms! MmmMmm
Can I safely assume you are referring to a breakfast steak and not a dinner steak ?
Every Fall when we go deer hunting we have a steak, eggs , and hashbrowns breakfast . I go to our local butcher in Luck Wisconsin and order 4 breakfast steaks from Ross our butcher.
The breakfast steaks average about 6 ounces each.
Dinner Steaks start at 12 ounces each and get larger from there Iowa Dave's 22 ouncer is a standard to medium large dinner steak at the butcher shop

I am not being critical but for a while we had restaurants in the Midwest that served what they called " California Cuisine "
which meant small portions served on a large plates with a small glass of wine .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Aging realizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I'm more cognizant now of the saying "If I would have known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Chicken, chicken, chicken, turkey, chicken, chicken, chicken. No wonder I wake up when it gets light and start looking for a horizontal perch when the sun goes down.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
AMEN brother
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote