How to behave in national parks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
How to behave in national parks

Ya'll behave out there :

https://www.insidehook.com/article/a...rks-nps-advice
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Thanks for sharing that. As a 30 year retired veteran of the NPS I want to say what he said. The majority of visitors are polite and respectful of the resources and people who work there (for not a lot of money I might add). But I have experienced the small minority who are challengingly and sometimes criminal . I know there are some who denigrate and ridicule public servants, and while I saw some incompetence in my work career, the vast majority majority of NPS employees were dedicated to serving you and me and to provide a safe and educational experience in America’s Best Idea. I don’t want be on a soapbox, but think about the people behind the scenes who do everything they can to keep visitors safe, sometimes in spite of them. I know I appreciate the resources even more now that I have time to visit the places I helped be a little safer for visitors.
Off we go toward Acadia next week on our way to Cape Breton via The Bay of Fundy and PEI. Ain’t Escaping grand ? Cheers.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote