I just joined.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2022, 10:24 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just joined....

Good Sam Roadside Assistance for help if needed on our upcoming trip out to Chilliwack, Osoyoos, then down to California and returning home. Good for peace of mind, in addition they also offer emergency first aid assistance, at an additional cost if anyone would need medical care while traveling. Peace of mind for both body and soul and your trailer and tow vehicle.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Where are you headed in California?
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 11:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Sounds like you've got the rig covered, Jim.

Have you considered medical repatriation insurance for yourself? As a state gov't retiree I've fortunately got great medical insurance (a group Medicare Advantage plan), I suspect that as a federal retiree you do, too.

But my insurance has a 'gap' in that it will not pay for transferring me to a hospital (and my family/friends support system) near home if something serious were to happen on distant travels. Long-distance hospital-to-hospital transfer while under medical care can be hugely (often prohibitively) expensive, perhaps your insurance covers that sort of elective transfer.

For me, even if getting great care, being in a hospital far from home is a very daunting prospect. YMMV of course.

I'm not 'endorsing' it, I've never had to call on it, but I have found 'peace of mind' for myself and loved-ones in carrying Medjet Assist coverage for my solo travels far from home.

There's other competitive products, mentioning this just for your consideration while hoping none of us ever has the need.

Wishing everyone safe and fun travels!
Old 04-03-2022, 02:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Good Sam Roadside Assistance for help if needed on our upcoming trip out to Chilliwack, Osoyoos, then down to California and returning home. Good for peace of mind, in addition they also offer emergency first aid assistance, at an additional cost if anyone would need medical care while traveling. Peace of mind for both body and soul and your trailer and tow vehicle.
Had GSRSA for several years has come in handy several times don’t leave home with it