Leavenworth, WA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 11:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Leavenworth, WA

I might be asking the impossible, but does anyone know of a nice place to camp in the Leavenworth, WA area that is open all year or at least through the rest of the Fall?
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Can’t vouch for the place but this KOA is open year round...
https://koa.com/campgrounds/leavenworth/

Also open year round
https://www.alpineviewrvpark.com/
Old 10-17-2020, 12:24 AM   #3

Thank you, Alpine View looks nice.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 none
A couple buddies always go to Icicle RV Park, I’m not sure if it’s open in winter months
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
A couple buddies always go to Icicle RV Park, I’m not sure if it’s open in winter months
From their website:
RESERVATIONS for Icicle River RV Resort can be made from April 1 up to the 3rd Sunday of October. Starting February 1 of the following year, we’ll resume taking reservations and inquires by telephone only.
https://icicleriverrv.com/
Old 10-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
For year round camping, Wenatchee Confluence State park is a great place to camp, and they will have a loop open throughout winter, but the water will be turned off at the sites. It is 20 miles east of Leavenworth. Wenatchee River County Park is great too, but closed at the end of Oct. I am typically not a big fan of commercial RV parks where you're crammed next to everybody.
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #7

I agree about commercial RV parks, they give me the creeps and I’ve never stayed at one. Maybe I just need to get over myself, because there are two right in Leavenworth, but I think we’d prefer the Wenatchee park for being more natural and also having 50km of cross country ski trails.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
I agree about commercial RV parks, they give me the creeps and I’ve never stayed at one. Maybe I just need to get over myself, because there are two right in Leavenworth, but I think we’d prefer the Wenatchee park for being more natural and also having 50km of cross country ski trails.
Are you talking LAKE Wenatchee or the Wenatchee Confluence park? There's quite a difference in the two.
Slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #9

I looked at the Lake Wenatchee state park on line. So now I’ll look at the Wenatchee Confluence also, did not know about that one. We do like X-C skiing so are interested in the “Lake” one too. Is the “Confluence” one nicer? “Lake” has one loop stay open all winter but without services other than a shower/bathroom house. But you park/camp in their “day use area”, sounds a bit wide open to me.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
I looked at the Lake Wenatchee state park on line. So now I’ll look at the Wenatchee Confluence also, did not know about that one. We do like X-C skiing so are interested in the “Lake” one too. Is the “Confluence” one nicer? “Lake” has one loop stay open all winter but without services other than a shower/bathroom house. But you park/camp in their “day use area”, sounds a bit wide open to me.
Lake Wenatchee is at a higher elevation--in fact, it is in the forest. The lake is quite scenic, although I haven't been there for eons, and you won't have to worry about the mosquitos in the winter. The area gets a lot of snow--hence the snow sports. Hmmmm, you might want to see if there are any RV parks/campgrounds at nearby Fish Lake too. It isn't as scenic but might also have camping.

Confluence is down in the valley where the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers meet. It is a grassy, irrigated park with domestic trees. It is in fact, in a desert. It is located where there is a bike trail that is a loop and crosses the Columbia twice. It is easy to ride the trail and be in downtown Wenatchee quickly.

The people who try to predict the winter are predicting a colder winter with more snow than usual this year. We'll have to see about that. Be prepared because it does get quite cold at Lake Wenatchee and Leavenworth is colder than the town of Wenatchee.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:00 AM   #11

I love this information, thank you. We are cyclists and take bikes or a tandem whenever we camp, so Confluence sounds amazing.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #12

I grew up in the Wenatchee area and now am about a couple miles away in a small town. East Wenatchee is the closest Costco. Unfortunately, I am a spontaneous person and one needs to made reservations ahead of time for Confluence. I have stayed there a couple of nights, got shopping and biking done. Tried to do that a while ago but the campground was full on each attempt.

There is another state park with camping up the Columbia on the east side--Lincoln Rock and it has a bike trail that connects to the loop trail. You would need to check on that one because I think that trail is locked up at night. It was part of an agreement to get access through orchard lands. That is also a busy park when it is open. Most State Parks on the eastside of the state close down their camping during the winter.