Niagara Wine Fest and getting over the border - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2021, 06:12 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
Niagara Wine Fest and getting over the border

We (from Illinois) signed up to attend the Niagara Wine Fest after Algonac. We are fully vaccinated and plan to get our Covid tests during the Algonac Rally, so we are good to go to FINALLY attend the Niagara rally (Finally retired and ugh, the 3rd test for me. One due to hoarseness returning from open SD last year; one to get knee surgery, and one to go to Canada! It will be the first for Kevin. He is in for fun!)

The discussion I wish to begin is about the "plan for quarantine" that is necessary. I have looked at templates for this plan (Most are for international university students.). Most require a plan for what happens if you get Covid symptoms, i.e. where will you isolate, how will you eat, etc.

I am not sure the questions I have but I begin with these:

Is there a place that will deliver food near the campground that we can put in the template?

Can you simply say that you will eat stuff in your camper? (I foresee loading lots of canned stuff, so it is not fussed about at the border.)

Can you list your camper as your location of isolation, assuming the campground lets you continue to remain there?

Can you simply say that you will remain in your camper and tow vehicle and return to the US as fast as possible?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
As of tomorrow (Aug 9) fully-vaccinated US citizens may enter Canada for any purpose without needing to quarantine at all.

Here is the Canadian government web page of travel to Canada
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...-none-optional
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
As of tomorrow (Aug 9) fully-vaccinated US citizens may enter Canada for any purpose without needing to quarantine at all.

Here is the Canadian government web page of travel to Canada
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...-none-optional
Hi: camp4528... Thanks for the link!!! We just got back from a trip up north and started seeing a few US plates along the highways. We will be checking the regs. as far as gatherings go closer to the dates. Bring your Vax/test records and MASKS!!! We'll have as much fun as can be allowed under the watchful eyes of Niagara Health and The Riverside Motel and Campground. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote