Osoyoos in 2021..... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Jim
Exit 211 for the park
Exit 201 for a truck stop with very nice waitresses and cheap bananas and onions
Exit 220 Williamsburg for groceries and an outlet mall.
https://iowacountyconservation.org/t...ake-iowa-park/
The rates vary and there’s no out of state difference except for Pennsylvania residents for whom rates triple.
Hope this helps
Iowa Dave
Old 06-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Thanks........
Old 06-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #23

Trailer: prospective buyer
Sorry to say, but our Canadian border will be closed for quite sometime (possibly til fall) as US is still in the first wave and then there will be another wave due to the corona virus and how prevalent it is in the United States.
Canadian Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Meantime.
In case you're wondering.
Canada Border Services Agency outlines the consequences for foreigners who lie at the border: “If you provide false immigration information or false information about the purpose of your travel, you may be denied entry and/or be banned from returning to Canada.”
Offenses can lead to up to $750,000 in fines, and 6 months of prison; or $1,000,000 in fines, and imprisonment of up to 3 years if you’re found to have infected someone with COVID-19.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:47 PM   #25

Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Meantime.
In case you're wondering.
Canada Border Services Agency outlines the consequences for foreigners who lie at the border: “If you provide false immigration information or false information about the purpose of your travel, you may be denied entry and/or be banned from returning to Canada.”
Offenses can lead to up to $750,000 in fines, and 6 months of prison; or $1,000,000 in fines, and imprisonment of up to 3 years if you’re found to have infected someone with COVID-19.
Reasonable If that’s Canadian dollars.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Nope, no way, not going. Been there three times: 2015, 2016, and 2019. It’s a three day rally. Not going to tow 5 long, hard days each way for 3 days of rally activities, as much as I would like to be there. BC is a beautiful place to explore. If it were 18 or 20 hours of towing I’d go back. But it’s 40+ hours. I’ll wait until the US rally is held in Texas. Will take me 2-1/2 days (20 hours) to get there, and given the percentage of trailers ETI exports to US customers, I would expect even more Escapes if there is a Texas rally than show up in Osoyoos.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #27

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I wanna try Poutine, at least I think I do!
Rest assured, poutine is a wonderful thing!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #28

No way we could make Osoyoos, Escape trailer or not!

Frank
Old 06-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
This is a perfect time to organize a more centrally located Escape rally in Iowa
We might possibly make a pilgrimage to Osoyoos just to say we made it to Mecca once
No desire to go to texas , Escape rally or not
Iowa is a definite YES for us !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #30

Great idea! I vote for Des Moines, the capitol. A 2,000+ mile round trip for us. Who's local and could organize it? How big are the Iowa State Fair Campgrounds? Griff's Valley View RV Park & Campground look interesting too. There are a slew of campgrounds in the area.

Frank
Old 06-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Commercial campgrounds get difficult arranging rallies with any room to grow. That is one of the top reasons Quartzsite got so large and can keep growing to 10,000 trailers+. BLM would be the way to go, and with Lead Dog involved now, they have to know the area pretty well.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #32

It will be interesting to see the re-evaluation of travel willingness when the pandemic truly falls off and people feel safe traveling and camping. In my opinion, rallies are fun when the organizer comes up with some activities, provides information on the local attractions and makes sure all attendees are welcomed and feel part of the group. I was always impressed with Reace and Tammy with their walk around availability and Reace’s ability and willingness to help Escape owners with problems. One thing I continue to learn is that if people are willing to share their interests they don’t have to be in a very big group to learn there are others with like interests and backgrounds. Food and drink and the willingness to share with all are big on my list of positives. I’ve got 15 pepper plants and 20 tomato plants in the garden and if this pandemic cancels more rallies to be cancelled, I’m going to need more canning jars and food saver freezer bags. Some rallies, I hate to miss, others I’ve attended one time and will not go back regardless of the distance. I will drive 2000 miles for Pheasant pate’ or a good piece of pie and have a good time going out and coming back. YMMV
Iowa Dave
Old 06-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #33

No way we could make it to Quartzsite, much as I've love to. Hmm....

Frank
Old 06-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #34

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Osoyoos looks like a very pleasant road trip for us. Currently we are just 4 days away from receiving the Escape and very new to this community. I’d like to say count us in! Harriet and John in Oregon.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I always associated the Mississippi River rally as Iowa for some reason. Good 12 hour drive 800 plus miles. Algonac, Mi, a FGRV rally is about 10 hours. Used to go to Townsend, Tn when they had rallies there, 9 hours, Alf's Niagara rally is like 7 hours. All of these are doable one day drive if need be. The issue is travel restrictions right now, New York is leading the way.I enjoy the 3-4 day drive to Osoyoos as they is part of the vacation vs sitting in one spot for 3 days and it is lovely up there. Has anyone driven thru Detroit lately, very depressing. Perhaps regional rallies will be the norm now?
Old 06-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #36

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
This is a perfect time to organize a more centrally located Escape rally in Iowa
We might possibly make a pilgrimage to Osoyoos just to say we made it to Mecca once
No desire to go to texas , Escape rally or not
Iowa is a definite YES for us !!
Love you too Steve
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Love you too Steve
It’s a “ Win Win” for both of us !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Some parts of TX would be ok with us, like down on the Gulf Coast where they hold Matagorda or Padre Island, maybe Robert's hill country outside Austin.
We have family in TX and OK and it takes us almost as long to drive there from Phoenix as it would to Osoyoos. The difference is the drive to mid-Texas is long and not fun for us. We dread making the drive there every time we have to go.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #39

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Love you too Steve
Sorry, Dave. I’m really with Steve and the other Dave (Iowa Dave, that is) on this one. I don’t want to go to Texas either. But Texas is where ETI would have a US Rally. I read that on this forum and this forum is on the Internet. So I read it on the Internet, it must be true! That is the only reason I mentioned Texas. No malice or disrespect intended, however. We all have areas we like better than others.

An so, Iowa would be preferable to me. I typically start my trips by visiting my son and family in Huntsville, AL, for a week. From there, I could easily reach Iowa in a day and a half. So the distance to Texas or to Iowa would be about the same for me, and after departing Iowa, it’s a shorter distance to where I would likely choose to go next. Although I live on the Gulf Coast in FL (only for mild winter weather), I have not particularly enjoyed any of the time I have spent in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Alabama. And my son and family is the only reason I spend any time at all in Alabama.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #40

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Shoot, now I'm afraid to go to Arizona, or even to tow into Colorado. And, I so want to camp in a forest alongside a nice trout stream.

Hey Myron: I do know a couple of trout streams you could drive up to from New Mexico. You could make reservations on line and never have to get close to anyone.

I just did it and it seems very safe and remote. PM me if interested. They are off Alamosa (or I could just post it). Trout stream levels are starting to come down now. The fishing will be good now thru the Fall. The remote boondocking camps offer a good chance of social distancing while still enjoying the outdoors.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote