Osoyoos in 2021..... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Lol I fully understand, it’s takes almost a day to travel in Texas. Even where I’m at in the DFW area it takes 8 to 10 hrs just to get to Colorado where we love to go ughhhhh. After that anywhere else is just a stones throw so to speak.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #42

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Hey Myron: I do know a couple of trout streams you could drive up to from New Mexico. You could make reservations on line and never have to get close to anyone.

I just did it and it seems very safe and remote. PM me if interested. They are off Alamosa (or I could just post it). Trout stream levels are starting to come down now. The fishing will be good now thru the Fall. The remote boondocking camps offer a good chance of social distancing while still enjoying the outdoors.
Yep there are some excellent streams to fish in that area of NM
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:13 PM   #43

Trailer: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Lol I fully understand, it’s takes almost a day to travel in Texas. Even where I’m at in the DFW area it takes 8 to 10 hrs just to get to Colorado where we love to go ughhhhh. After that anywhere else is just a stones throw so to speak.

David
Yep, a lotta miles. If you are in El Paso you're closer to LA (west) than to LA (east).
TX_Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We could always hold a virtual rally, with Zoom, we all could sign in and show each other what we are doing or cooking or observing, depending on where one is. Seems to be the new way to connect, particularly for those who are still working, from their homes. We would probably be on a staycation at home for awhile.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Jim ; as long as you keep on posting pictures of your isolation cooking I can carry on during these difficult times . Looking forward to sharing a meal of Scrapple with you in the near future

God Bless
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #46

Thanks Steve, I would think that your sausage gravy would compliment my scrapple..........
Old 06-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Thanks Steve, I would think that your sausage gravy would compliment my scrapple..........
Your Scrapple stands alone !!
I am working on a alcohol based libation for. Iowa Dave’s opening ceremonies at this years Mississippi River Rendezvous . I hope you are in attendance and can give me your valued opinion .
Old 06-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Libations

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I am working on a alcohol based libation for. Iowa Dave’s opening ceremonies at this years Mississippi River Rendezvous . I hope you are in attendance and can give me your valued opinion .
If by chance the rally doesn’t happen I can drive up and get it and stop at that cheese place near you.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2020, 05:53 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I made some spiced apple cider last year for the rally, quite tasty. Called it Spiked Spiced Cider say that 3 times........
Old 06-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
After making it to every Escape Rally until 2018 when I had my big fall, and then not making this year due to Covid 19, I will certainly be there next year. Always a lot of fun with lots of great people. Lots of great places to see and do stuff at on the way there, around Osoyoos, and on the way back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
No way we could make Osoyoos, Escape trailer or not!

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
No way we could make it to Quartzsite, much as I've love to. Hmm....

Frank
Frank, I would strongly recommend a tow vehicle for your new trailer, then you are capable of travelling all of North America. In time, we certainly will be. This being young with lots happening in life needs to stop!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Clint View Post
Yep, a lotta miles. If you are in El Paso you're closer to LA (west) than to LA (east).

It is closer from my house in Florida to Houston than it is from Houston to El Paso.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
It is closer from my house in Florida to Houston than it is from Houston to El Paso.
That may be true, but I can’t for the life of me see either place as a desirable location. Texas is a big state, and there are so many other locations that, if I were going to Texas, I would choose as a better destination (with no offense intended to residents of either of those cities).
Old 06-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #53

There are national organizations that have recognized in the past few years that while their “grand daddy” annual National conventions developed “pilgrimage” level followings, they were
not always affordable for all members. As such, annual membership signups, vendor sales,
etc. suffered. The solution has been to develop regional meetings each with its own theme, and time slot. Until this year’s Pandemic, which cancelled, even or especially,
“grand daddy events”, the regional model was working for some organizations. Just an observation.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2020, 11:32 AM   #54

Yes, I mentioned that earlier, North West/South West/Mid West/Mid South/North East/South East and anyone would be free to attend any event. But this does not help our northern friends....how would they fit in and then they could have their own also.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #55

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'd rather see a moving rally- a different area each year. For the regulars, it would be fun to try to go to all the new spots. For those for whom it is too far- once in awhile it would be near home. And since it is a west coast company, the Escape rally wouldn't just hit the west coast once very 10 years or so as most things do!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #56

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, I mentioned that earlier, North West/South West/Mid West/Mid South/North East/South East and anyone would be free to attend any event. But this does not help our northern friends....how would they fit in and then they could have their own also.
But we have our own Jim, you started this thread with it. Unfortunately for some Canadians it's a very long way. Even for us and we're virtually in the centre of the country. We keep changing our plans this year. Initially thought about Osoyoos and an Alaska cruise to celebrate my 70th. Then we switched to a Ontario and Maritime trip, but the Maritime provinces have just created a bubble within the four provinces. No outsiders allowed in. So now we're thinking maybe just ON and take in the Niagara rally since the Mississippi one might still be unavailable for us. But then do we want to go to southern ON where there's still lots of covid cases? In any case we'd like to get to Osoyoos next year.

Speaking of an Iowa rally that would suit us too, only a day and a half drive.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #57

The existence of the border closure right now makes Canadian/ USA joint rallies impossible . Otherwise many American owners have attended rallies from British Columbia to Ontario and the reverse is true with Canadians attending US rallies. The pandemic, the economic downturn and changing lifestyles ( the new normal) will certainly guide our camping styles and range in the near and long term future.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
But we have our own Jim, you started this thread with it. Unfortunately for some Canadians it's a very long way. Even for us and we're virtually in the centre of the country. We keep changing our plans this year. Initially thought about Osoyoos and an Alaska cruise to celebrate my 70th. Then we switched to a Ontario and Maritime trip, but the Maritime provinces have just created a bubble within the four provinces. No outsiders allowed in. So now we're thinking maybe just ON and take in the Niagara rally since the Mississippi one might still be unavailable for us. But then do we want to go to southern ON where there's still lots of covid cases? In any case we'd like to get to Osoyoos next year.

Speaking of an Iowa rally that would suit us too, only a day and a half drive.
If and when the Canadian / US border opens we would gladly attend an Escape Rally in Ontario or Manitoba , Canada
If I decided to attend the Escape Rally in Osoyoos BC , I will be attending it solo
We went to a rally in Northern California a few years back and my wife said never again
( Too far to drive just for a 3 day rally )
As Iowa Dave eloquently pointed out , we are facing a new uncharted normal
Old 06-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I kind of see this thread as tempting fate. We had multiple trips planed for the rest of this year and everything is cancelled. We were expecting things to be possible in the new year but given the pandemic is so much worse now than we ever imagined it would be and, realistically, we're in for a long haul before we get back to any semblance of normal, I wouldn't hold my breath that there'll be a rally relatively early in the new year.

Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look promising at this point.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #60

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I won't travel more than a day just to attend a weekend trailer rally. That puts the Townsend, Tennessee rally just within reach and the Matagorda, Texas rally just out of reach. Usually, though, when I attend a rally it's just one stop on a much longer trip.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote