Osoyoos in 2021..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Osoyoos in 2021.....

Since this year appears to be a washout caused by the virus, I'm going to be an optimist and start planning my next years big trip to the annual rally in Osoyoos, BC. There are a plethora or new Escape owners and with this years rally being cancelled, next year will be the first for many and our fifth. I going to add extra time to see part of the Grand Circle which was supposed to have happen this year. Continuing into California to visit family and then head north towards Osoyoos to arrive midweek.
So who else is planning to attend. The last one, in 2019, I believe was the largest todate with 180 Escapes. We should exceed 200 in 2021....imagine 200 Escapes all lined up, what a sight...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0475.jpg  
Old 06-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
We will be there. Then off to Vancouver island for 4 weeks. Lucky for us we are only 5 hours away. We have been twice and enjoyed the experience. Tomorrow we are just heading north
,hope we find somewhere to camp. Hope to see all of you at the rally next year.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
My wife and I are planning to attend! We want to meet everyone and put personalities to these posts. Then follow what we would have done this year.

I wanna try Poutine, at least I think I do!

I want to pick up where we left off and never miss a beat. and God willing, and the creek don't rise, we will be there.

Oh Yes!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
is there a date?
Old 06-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
is there a date?
Memorial Day is late next year, should be 5/27-5/30.....
Old 06-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We would like to attend but at this stage of the game it’s too early to make any kind of a logical decision . From what I’ve read / been told , I don’t see the Canadian border opening up until the US gets Covid under better control . Right now planning local camping trips seems to make more sense and have a greater chance of success.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #7

I agree it is too early, but hope and wishful thinking is what is going to get us thru this era of depression we are experiencing, both financially and emotionally ,,,,, Sometimes planning is almost as good as reality when options are limited, at least it is to me! When things change I'll be prepared to hit the road. It is not a matter of if but more when....!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I agree it is too early, but hope and wishful thinking is what is going to get us thru this era of depression we are experiencing, both financially and emotionally ,,,,, Sometimes planning is almost as good as reality when options are limited, at least it is to me! When things change I'll be prepared to hit the road. It is not a matter of if but more when....!
We’ve had to cancel 5 camping / fishing trips so far this Spring and the outlook does not look much better . We have found some campsites open in areas we wish to visit but the dates are limited and a lot or most of the sites of interest in the area are closed due to covid
We live on a lake in the middle of a large woods so driving hundreds of miles to sit in a campgrounds looses some of it’s appeal
A viable vaccine would do more to cheer everyone up then a phony rise in the Dow Jones Avg IMHO

Good luck Jim , keep planning and I hope your plans come to fruition.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:09 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I'm inclined to go. In 2021 I'd like to replicate the trip I intended to take this year, or at least part of it. But May 2021 is a long way off, lots could happen.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Shoot, now I'm afraid to go to Arizona, or even to tow into Colorado. And, I so want to camp in a forest alongside a nice trout stream.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Dreams and goals are getting totally mixed up in my life right now. Goals are entered into my calendar with specific dates, dreams are bucket list items and that list is getting longer and longer. Unfortunately a few goals have now been moved to the bucket list...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Shoot, now I'm afraid to go to Arizona, or even to tow into Colorado. And, I so want to camp in a forest alongside a nice trout stream.
I am confused , you wish to leave beautiful , fairly safe New Mexico and travel to and camp in Arizona ?
I must be missing the obvious !!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
ooo, Steve, it's a good thing we don't know your address. OTOH, you could likely get takers at a fine fee if you wanted to host escapers, socially distanced of course!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:32 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Exactly he’s already set up for camping in fishing right out his back door why plan any trips
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I know I know, it's nuts. Wifey told me yesterday she wants to go camp in Wyoming or Montana. (??..whaat? ) That came out of the blue. Must be a sub-conscious desire to break out. Feeling safe and normal right here despite the obvious chaos everywhere else. We don't argue these things, I wear my mask anyway and just hope my face doesn't expose true concerns, while I secretly seek alternative choices.

Meanwhile, the bloody trailer has developed a short somewhere that keeps blowing the ceiling light 15 amp fuse and I can't find it!

Spoke with my bro-in-law yesterday at length. They live on Long Island, has no trailer but owns several very high end bikes and is always on them out there on the trails. Two days ago on a two-lane road in an affluent town an 81 year old driving her car clipped him and left him on the ground. Really bad elbow break. She came back 10 minutes later and began screaming, at him. Can't make this stuff up. So, doing my best to not be depressed.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I don't plan on traveling until there is a vaccine or effective treatment for the coronavirus. That probably means that I will be home for the rest of 2020. I'm a bit concerned that I will get used to staying home and lose the desire to travel.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #17

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I don't think 2021 will be a go but might go if it is a go. A vaccine is unlikely to be here by then and even if it is, vaccinating everyone would take a lot of time and organization (something sadly lacking around here).
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We took a drive yesterday. I guess I’ll have to name these little outings CCI standing for Covid Campground Inspections. Anyway we drove about 45 miles to the flagship park of the Iowa County Conservation board Iowa Lake Park. It is an older county park and fairly large in size.
All park roads are surfaced. And the country roads from interstate 80 five miles to the north are surfaced also.
The campground is large and most sites are shaded with two shower houses, tent sites, electric only sites with nearby water hydrants, electric and water sites. The mid week occupancy was lass than 50%. Features include hiking trails though deciduous Oak-hickory climax forest, a frisbee golf course (Steady Eddie) goals, swimming beach, Nature center, boat ramp, fishing access to the lake, sand volleyball, horse shoes, and numerous picnic shelters.
If you are traveling on interstate 80 through Iowa this park is located at the Millersburg exit. The town of Williamsburg is not too far away for groceries and supplies. There’s also an outlet mall at the Williamsburg exit.

County parks in Iowa can be located by checking the My County Parks website.
If you’re eastbound, getting on the road the first thing in the AM would put you through Chicago between 10 AM and 2PM which I’ve found to be the best time to get through over the past 25 years. Westbound on I80, a quiet respite with on-site camp host, roving summer staff, well maintained road edges, and an on-site full time county employee. Ain’t a lot of hell raising that’s gonna happen there. Boy Scouts camp a mile from the regular campground on their own site. (So you won’t disturb them).
Another campground report by:
Iowa Dave
Old 06-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
If we do go to ETI’s rally it will be the 2022 or later. We’ll be FT with a base in Fall 2021 if everything chills out and heads the right direction. US is still about 4+ months away to see if we right the sinking ship and a lot of future plans will hinge on that.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #20

Dave you forgot to mention the I80 exit# and the cost for one night for an out of stater, if known, may hit that on return trip......