Out and about - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Out and about

Took a little drive about 25 miles east of where we live today. Toured the Palisades Kepler State Park on US Highway 30. Rita an I have been going to this park since we were kids. The sugar maples and hickories were putting on a show. There’s a nice campground at the park. Today there were four campers. Fall rates are $12.00 with electricity and $6.00 without. The photos are of site 39 with no electric, close to a water hydrant and about a short city block to the nice restroom and shower. Pretty nice camping for
$6.00. A convenient dump station on the way out of the campground is a available. Site 39 is huge and level. There are several CCC structures including a lodge which can be rented. Not a lot to do there but hiking in the hills, hunting interesting river stones and fishing. But close to many other attractions and the college town of Mt. Vernon with Cornell College. Mount Vernon has a good Grocery store (Gary’s) and a well stocked True Value hardware, a wine shop and a couple pretty fair restaurants. US 30 Highway in Iowa roughly parallels Interstate 80 and is a whole lot more interesting.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
8BC651A3-D150-41ED-A427-AC25169565F4.jpg   EEB30E0D-6C50-48AC-BFA6-6BDDE3310830.jpg  
Old 10-21-2021, 12:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Iowa Dave... I can't see an Escape there? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Alf it’s a view of the new 23’. I don’t know how you missed it!
Old 10-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Seeing is believing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Alf it’s a view of the new 23’. I don’t know how you missed it!
Hi: brroberts... I don't think I missed it. More likely I saw right thru it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We’re still so happy with the 21 I don’t see any changes in rolling stock coming up any time soon. I’ve camped at the Palisades several times but not recently. We did encounter some folks with a TA camped there a little while back as we enter the park we guess how many campers will be set up in the campground that day. I have never guessed the correct number until yesterday. Rita said six but I had four. Last week on the way back from Table Rock we stayed one night at Nine Eagles State Park. It’s just north of the Missouri/ Iowa state line. It’s a beautiful park with nice views and a very attractive lake. Alas, the campground needs considerable attention as far as level pads, the roads in the camp ground and the dump station. It’s close to Lamoni Iowa, home of Graceland college and it’s storied graduate, Olympic gold medal decathlon athlete Bruce Jenner. Trained by Coach Bill Dudek who was from Belle Plaine, Iowa and a good friend of our family who lived there.
Iowa Dave