Pick up new Escape in April? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #81

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We have had 2 Escapes delivered, with delivery sharing it can be a fun occasion. On the first delivery a couple from another state drove up to my house and that delivery was split 3 ways with one dropped off while enroute. Ours and the other couple was delivered to my house. After delivery we hooked up and went camping nearby for the weekend. We each learned about our new homes together and had a nice camping weekend. The other subsequent delivery was split 2 ways,
Old 03-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #82

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
ETI gave me the recommended top of the ball height for my truck which was perfect for a level trailer. 5 days and 3500 mi. later through all kind of rotten weather there was no need for anything else in imho. My 21 was the best camper I ever towed.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #83

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
vmomara,
Could you provide your tow vehicle info for others to compare?
Old 03-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #84

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
it may become a mute point
things are not yet that silent....but you never know.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #85

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelaney View Post
That’s what we found out!
Kim and Tom you'll have to change your signature, your 19 is no longer coming soon
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #86

2019 ram hemi 2 w.d. now being towed by a 2020 tundra 4 w.d. Both tow well and I preferred the ram but too many problems with the first year redesign.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #87

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
We picked up on Monday the 23rd. The delivery was ~30 minutes behind schedule because they had to change delivery drivers due to request from the border agents. I didn't have anything to install at orientation so that was a non-issue. The only issues I had were:
1. I had forgot to reverse the ball on my hitch to get it to 19" so worked on that while waiting. Fortunately I had brought tools. The ball was tough to unscrew and I thought I was stripping threads but in the end it was okay.
2. The Land Rover didn't detect the trailer, but all lights were functional (items like sway control and backing assist are not). I had expected that and had brought some resistors to put in parallel with the tail lights. Looking at the wiring it was not immediately clear to me where the best place to do that was so I punted initially and did it the next morning (attaching to the junction box just under the front of the trailer).
3. I forgot to bring an extension for my torque wrench, so I had to do the best I could for the first tightening, and then went to Lowes later to buy one.
4. The Burlington/Anacortes KOA was open but all facilities were closed. It was raining and hailing anyway.
5. All Walmarts, Costco, Lowes, gas stations, etc., were open and full of people. They had many things in stock that we couldn't find back in Portland...eggs and hand sanitizer.
6. Traffic was light. One place south of Seattle a driver pulled off the road in front of a semi which was to my right, and then into my lane, causing me to have to make a defensive swerve, but no damage done. Also we were stopped in Chehalis at Wendy's when unfortunately a State Trooper was killed on the road right next to us trying to deploy spike strips. Very sad. Small traffic issue for us.

So everything seems to be fine, but definitely make sure you are self-sufficient and ready to go. I had asked ETI what the backup plan was if they brought it across and I had some issue preventing me from towing it...and there isn't one. Make sure your lights, hitch, brake controller, etc. are tested and working.
daniel108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #88

The only other things I would suggest is to take your trailer info supplied by ETI to your tag office and insurance provider. With that when you take possession you are covered and the tag is on your trailer. One less thing to do when you get home.