RV Life (RV Trip Wizard app) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
RV Life (RV Trip Wizard app)

I have used RV Trip Wizard for planning our trailer trips for the past two years and really like it. The deficiency was that there was no easy way to get RVTW on the cell or see planned trips on the cell. Just got an email today announcing that the App is now available! Just downloaded it but have not yet had a chance to check it out. If you subscribe to RVTW, you will probably want to download the cell app. You can do so here: https://rvlife.com/app/
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Thank you for the timely information. Having not used it before, is this up to date as far as park closures in real time?

We are driving out in about a week and a half to meet up with our trailer delivery. We are concerned about RV park closures during our trip. Perhaps this app will help?
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The nice thing is once you get your Escape, you can just about stop anywhere and still be comfortable and have a enjoyable experience. We often will eat our lunch at a rest area with picnic tables. The dogs can get a break from being inside the truck and just breathing the fresh air is a our break from the a/c.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Thank you for the timely information. Having not used it before, is this up to date as far as park closures in real time?

We are driving out in about a week and a half to meet up with our trailer delivery. We are concerned about RV park closures during our trip. Perhaps this app will help?
I only downloaded the app yesterday so haven't worked much with it. I checked a few of the parks that I know to be closed and they are shown as closed in the app. That was encouraging. I was able to get a trip on which we will be soon leaving imported and now the details and driving directions are on my phone. The trip had been planned months ago on the PC software, RV Trip Wizard and glad to have it on the phone.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 21’ 2020
We used this app-love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
I have used RV Trip Wizard for planning our trailer trips for the past two years and really like it. The deficiency was that there was no easy way to get RVTW on the cell or see planned trips on the cell. Just got an email today announcing that the App is now available! Just downloaded it but have not yet had a chance to check it out. If you subscribe to RVTW, you will probably want to download the cell app. You can do so here: https://rvlife.com/app/
Hi Chama,

We just used this app planning our trip for next week. My DH said it’s better than all of the other apps or websites we’ve used before!

He was able to use the tools in many different ways, planning estimates on where we would stop for the night, based on distance traveled, and/or time. Then, cross reference that with preferred places to stay, eat, refuel, etc. He worked the tools backward and forward, making the route planning very quick and easy!

It also had a tool that allowed us to know where the steep inclines and grades were along the route.

He said it’s fairly intuitive and easy to use. Seems to be the most comprehensive app!

Thank you so much for the post and recommendation. Happy traveling!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0 TA "Catalyst"
Thanks for posting the link. I was trying to find it through the app store but wasn't using the correct name.
Cleta is offline   Reply With Quote