Scenic vs trailer towing - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
good info, Doug.....
Old 11-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post

Lots of videos of the Moki Dugway on Youtube....they don't do justice to the feeling of looking over the sheer edge on the really narrow parts, but here's one just to give you and idea of what it's like:
I can't even watch the video.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
I'm a pretty adventurous traveler, and would have no qualms about driving the Moki Dugway with my 17B -- having done it twice with my Boler without puckering up!
The road that does make my wife queasy -- not that I let that always stop me from driving it anyway! -- is the Pavilion-Kelly Lake road in BC's Cariboo. Especially when some wag puts up an obviously-home-made sign warning "Active logging road - loaded logging trucks have the right of way". That road climbs 1,500 meters (approx 5,000 feet), crosses a plateau, and drops back down, in about 22km. But spectacular scenery.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #24

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We have family property just up Jesmond Road--so we know that $#%@ Kelly Lake/Pavillion Road well.
I HATE it---have had to do it a couple times this past while due to the main road being closed due to accidents or fires etc. Have NOT done it with the trailer and will not....I still after all these years get freaked by it--and my nephew drove it for the first time last summer and was shaking when they got to moms home in Clinton..

Driving it on a pouring raining day and meeting lots of traffic coming the other way and having to back up to let them go by----Anna-Marie was not a very happy camper!!!!

Needless to say we do not have the Bella Coola "Hill" on our plans either (maybe if I was blindfolded!!!)