Sedona to Portland - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2022, 11:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2016 Spirit Bear
Sedona to Portland

Route suggestions driving from Sedona to Portland in May through Nevada or Utah?
Old 03-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I 15 along the Wasach front, Nephi to Brigham City is one of my least favorite roads to tow a trailer, I really enjoy driving the mostly empty Nevada hi ways, particularly like hwy 50-the loneliest hiway. Certainly a matter of opinion and how big a hurry you are in.
Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Sedona to Las Vegas, then 395 to Fernley, then 80 to Reno, back to 395 to Lakeview, OR, then 34 to La Pine, 97 to Madras, 26 through Warm Springs to Damascus. We had a family member who we visited in Portland early May for his birthday for 20 years. We'd do variations on this route. It is scenic enough, short, and less traveled.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:02 PM   #4
GPS

Trailer: 17A 2021
Really Any route from vegas north to oregon that is not a freeway is wide open spaces and lots of camping and choices along the way. That time of spring will be nice in the high desert
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 5.0TA 2016 Spirit Bear
Sedona to Portland

Great info much appreciated folks! We have grown tired of the Bakersfield due north route!
Old 03-30-2022, 01:48 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 E19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Larsen View Post
I 15 along the Wasach front, Nephi to Brigham City is one of my least favorite roads to tow a trailer, I really enjoy driving the mostly empty Nevada hi ways, particularly like hwy 50-the loneliest hiway. Certainly a matter of opinion and how big a hurry you are in.
Amen to all that. And 50 goes right by Great Basin N.P.

From Sedona, maybe consider 89A/89 north toward Page, either 89 or 89A over to Kanab or Hurricane (it's "Hurracun") up to Cedar City on 15 and wander over to 93 on 56/319, then north and pick up 50, Ely, Wells, on toward Twin Falls and 84 (don't miss the short stretch of 30 from Twin Falls to Bliss), 84 to Ontario (boring), then either branch off on 26 through central Oregon via 97/197 and the Columbia Gorge at Biggs Junction or The Dalles then Portland on 84, or take 20 then 97/197 to the Columbia.

Or, if you have plenty of time and gas money, 89A/89 north toward Page, then 160 through Tuba City (yay!), 163 or 191, up to Moab on 191, 70 west (great drive for a freeway), and pick up 50 at Scipio, over to Ely and then north as above.

Or, or, or...

The mind reels and the wheels roll...