Severe Weather... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yes, it's under 'Settings'

CALL SILENCING AND BLOCKED CONTACTS
Slider for "Silence Unknown Callers", slide it to green

"Calls from unknown numbers will be silenced, sent to voicemail, and display on the Recents list.

Incoming calls will continue to ring from people in your contacts, recent outgoing calls, and Siri Suggestions."

Hope this helps.
Thankyou Donna ! I found it ! Slide to green ! yay ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Is that feature only on which I phones ? We have a 6 plus , do you think it is on our phone ? Pat
Glad you found it. The 6 Plus is the oldest iPhone that has it. If I recall correctly, it was introduced with iOS 11. The 6 was not able to upgrade to iOS 11, but the 6 Plus was.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:12 PM   #63

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Mine's a 6. Software update occurred a couple days ago, but as you say, it doesn't have this feature.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:23 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Glad you found it. The 6 Plus is the oldest iPhone that has it. If I recall correctly, it was introduced with iOS 11. The 6 was not able to upgrade to iOS 11, but the 6 Plus was.
Do you mean the software ? The phone is 13.5.1 now . Pat
Old 08-11-2020, 05:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Do you mean the software ? The phone is 13.5.1 now . Pat
No, I meant glad Donna was able to direct you to where the feature could be turned on. And yes, Apple has updated iOS a few times since first introducing this feature. I actually upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X because the 6 could not utilize this feature, and I was sick and tired of scams and spams. Haven’t heard a single one ring my phone ever since.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #66

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... "No phone, no pool, no pets"!!! I've taken to hooking up the rig during severe weather. Seems pretty dumb now!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #67

Quote:
No, I meant glad Donna was able to direct you to where the feature could be turned on. And yes, Apple has updated iOS a few times since first introducing this feature. I actually upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X because the 6 could not utilize this feature, and I was sick and tired of scams and spams. Haven’t heard a single one ring my phone ever since.
Yes great Donna was able to direct me . Never would of known . So hard to keep up but I try . Pat
Old 08-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #68

Quote:
Yes great Donna was able to direct me . Never would of known . So hard to keep up but I try . Pat
Pat, I try to keep up with the technology. I happened to read about this feature before Apple added it to iOS. I immediately knew I wanted it, even if it meant I had to upgrade my phone. I have not regretted that decision for a moment! Prior to it, I would b interrupted by BS calls multiple times daily.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #69

Quote:
Pat, I try to keep up with the technology. I happened to read about this feature before Apple added it to iOS. I immediately knew I wanted it, even if it meant I had to upgrade my phone. I have not regretted that decision for a moment! Prior to it, I would b interrupted by BS calls multiple times daily.
Yes I am sure this new feature will be greatly appreciated! My lest favorite is driving and the phone rings and it’s no one I want to talk to. We aren’t suppose to talk on phone when driving . When our car was new had phone hooked into car but it kept running down the phone battery fast so I unhooked from car and haven’t used it that way since . Probably something else I don’t know to do right . Pat
Old 08-11-2020, 12:28 PM   #70

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Thanks so much for the post! Looking at the pictures reminded me of a dream I had last night of being caught in a tornado. I just picked up my Escape 19 yesterday and am parked at a campground. My interpretation is that my tornado dream is a result of the steep leaning curve I’m experiencing of towing and owning a travel trailer for the first time. : )

I grew up in the midwest so have thought extensively about experiencing severe weather in my Escape trailer. I appreciate the discussion here. Though I’ve seen tornados a few times, a straight line winds storm is my strongest memory. In the mid 1990s NW of Twin Cities MN, my husband and I and our 4 young boys were in the lower level bathroom of our split as the storm came thru. The tornado sirens were blaring. The sound of the roaring storm shifted suddenly and I glanced out the window which was at ground level. All grass was laying flat along with a sapling tree. The grass was not fluttering at all...like it was plastered to the ground. The rain was going sideways. My brain couldn’t make sense of what I was seeing. We had no house damage though some had roofs pulled back and other damage. Just about every tree in the neighborhood was leaning. I saw a stop sign twisted like a corkscrew.

I can’t imagine my little trailer would survive that, so, in tornado season, I expect I’ll have an escape plan for my Escape.
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #71

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Fridley tornado took out an uncle's attached garage but left the house the family was sheltering in. I was on the East coast at the time and missed all the excitement!
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #72

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300
Unhappy Our severe weather story

We were in Midway, BC for a Good Sam rally in June, 2012 when a storm went through. Happily, no rigs were severly damaged. We hunkered down in Homelet and heard the rain hit the side so strongly, it sounded like someone was throwing handsful of gravel against it.
Photo is not our rig.
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC1801.jpg  
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #73

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On Monday about noon we were hit by a derecho. 70 to 120 mph winds directly out of the west for 40 minutes Continuous. The devastation makes most tornadoes look like a Sunday school picnic compared to what we have in eastern Iowa. Miles of power poles snapped off and incredible crop damage and property damage. I drove to Hobart Indiana and back yesterday and bought three Honda 2200 generators and 6 five gallon gas cans. My freezer at home held the cold for about 30 hours and I saved the pork chops. A lineman I talked to today said 7 to 10 more days before power is back on. We lost some trees and a garage door on my 24X24 shop but the Lester pole building was totally unscathed. And the Escape That was inside and I used last night for a very nice cool rest was perfect.
Lots of cleanup. I’ll post some pics soon. Takes more than a pandemic and a derecho to get this old boy down. Now a national brewery and distillery strike would be serious. The link below shows the flattened crops from space. The connected brown spots in Eastern Iowa are my home town of Cedar Rapids and the lower one is Iowa City. We live 15 miles or so west of CR in the country. Now where did I put that State Farm business card?
Iowa Dave

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/16131...een-from-space
Old 08-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #74

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've used the 2kw generator I bought for camping more times at home when we lost power then I've used it to charge batteries when camping. It'll just run the boiler and the freezer, or the boiler and the fridge, I have to keep bouncing back and forth.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
On Monday about noon we were hit by a derecho. 70 to 120 mph winds directly out of the west for 40 minutes Continuous. The devastation makes most tornadoes look like a Sunday school picnic compared to what we have in eastern Iowa. Miles of power poles snapped off and incredible crop damage and property damage. I drove to Hobart Indiana and back yesterday and bought three Honda 2200 generators and 6 five gallon gas cans. My freezer at home held the cold for about 30 hours and I saved the pork chops. A lineman I talked to today said 7 to 10 more days before power is back on. We lost some trees and a garage door on my 24X24 shop but the Lester pole building was totally unscathed. And the Escape That was inside and I used last night for a very nice cool rest was perfect.
Lots of cleanup. I’ll post some pics soon. Takes more than a pandemic and a derecho to get this old boy down. Now a national brewery and distillery strike would be serious. The link below shows the flattened crops from space. The connected brown spots in Eastern Iowa are my home town of Cedar Rapids and the lower one is Iowa City. We live 15 miles or so west of CR in the country. Now where did I put that State Farm business card?
Iowa Dave

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/16131...een-from-space
Dave, so sorry to hear about the damage. The year Hurricane Irma went up the west coast of Florida the center of the eye crossed my road about 1/4 mile north of me. I had a couple of pines come down (much easier to deal with than hardwoods with branches that go every which way), but not severe damage like you describe. Power was out for 2-1/2 days. I am thankful to have the Escape and the Honda 2000 when this happens. Don’t mind the heat during the day but I can’t sleep when I’m swimming in perspiration. Hope you get things cleaned up quickly.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #76

Hi Carl
We’re getting there and life goes
On. I’ve seen my share of questions on what a Honda 2200 will do and I’m here to add one thing:
The Honda 2200 will power a full sized Speed Queen washing machine. I know because I’m washing a load right now. I’ll dry them on the line when they are done spinning. I can hear the dasher in the washing machine in the laundry and the generator outside. The generator usually runs very steady RPMs but as the dasher does its job the engine on the generator has a slight oscillation in time with the Speed Queen. And it’s music to my ears. The Escape in my building does not get hot during the day as the big door is down and it’s only about 85 during the day and down in the 60s at night so we are doing fine. I’ve been sleeping down there at night. I have a nice big shop fan going in the house and good cross ventilation. Thanks for the encouragement. As my old packing house buddy used to say when I asked him how things were going, “Steady by Jerks.”
Iowa Dave
Old 08-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #77

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Is 'derecho' a term that defines a particular type of storm? I don't know the expression.

In 1968 I was in Great Falls MT. And a storm came thru that lowered the temp 40deg in about 2 hrs. I think the natives called it a 'Willawaw" . I might be thinking of Alaska with Williwaw. Weird weather there at times too.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:35 PM   #78

Derecho

The Derecho is a straight line wind that gets organized off of a powerful line of thunderstorms what we had I Iowa was classic. Very wide and very deep. A couple hundred miles on the ground with winds from 70 to 110 MpH that went on for 42 minutes. Then gone and the sky was clear. Temp dropped about 20 degrees and the next morning, Tuesday, you could see your breath if you were up at 4 AM. We got 2.5 inches of rain but very little hail. Tree destruction is massive either ripped apart or tipped over whole root ball and all. I’ve never experienced one before. Had an 84 mph straight line wind a few years ago but only lasted a few minutes. Did some damage but nothing like we had Monday. I’m picking up sticks today and mowing just to get a baseline. I have about ten trees down. Once I get them cleaned up I think I will change the design on my landscape for better sun on the garden. More light on the apples and reconfigure the shape of my little prairie. Can’t see a better opportunity to do it. Funny how you can justify planting trees at 72 years old. But I’ve planted trees for over 50 years always thinking about the kids coming up.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #79

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Is that feature only on which I phones ? We have a 6 plus , do you think it is on our phone ? Pat
You'll find it on any iPhone that's running iOS update 13 or later (the iOS version is the key).

iOS 13 is supported on iPhone 6S, 6S PLUS, SE, and later; unfortunately, if your have an iPhone "6" or "6 PLUS" without the "S", iOS 13 is not supported.

Screen shot guidance on finding it is here (link to Apple Support page).
Old 08-13-2020, 07:02 PM   #80

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
The first time I heard the term "derecho" was about ten years ago when I lived in Maryland and the area was hit by one. It originated in the Chicago area and blew all the way to the coast. It made a mess in Maryland.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote