Stop Over on I5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2022, 01:53 PM   #1
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Stop Over on I5

I think I've mentioned this before, but it is the time of year for late winter/spring travel planning so I'll mention it again. If anyone is traveling on I5 on the west coast through Salem, OR, we have a convenient place to stop as you can boondock next to our home.

We are an easy 3 miles off of I-5 in south Salem and have a dead-end street on the side of our house that is a perfect place to park for the night. We can provide water if you need it, but no electric. However, it beats Wal-Mart or Cracker Barrell (unless you expect breakfast in the morning!).

Just reply to this thread and let me know when, and I'll provide directions.

It would be nice if we had an Escape owners "boon docking" list on the Forum here that we could sign up for and host fellow owners for a night.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Like minded people with campers in common. This has been talked about before but never got organized. If I hear someone it traveling into our area and we are going to be home, I will private message them an invite.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Like minded people with campers in common. This has been talked about before but never got organized. If I hear someone it traveling into our area and we are going to be home, I will private message them an invite.
It could be a sub-forum in travels.

I like the idea. I'm about two hours from Sumas though a bit out of the way if you don't want to take a ferry- but a good first night spot not on I5. Or a stop/guest room on the way to pick up. Now that it feels safe enough to have visitors, it would be fun to host new Escape owners now and then.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Wow, what a great idea, kinda like our own private Harvest Host app!!

I'm king of out of the way but Sudbury is located on the Trans Canada highway, so if anyone needed a spot spring summer or fall we'd be happy to oblige. Somewhat narrow backing into the backyard but I do it all the time with my 5.0

Cheers
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote