Trailer Pickup Fail and Turn Around, Head Home - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
As bill states, sometimes one DMV office is better than another. They are staffed by State employees, some of which are clueless, others not. My clerk was clueless; fortunately her supervisor wasn’t. After telling the clerk I needed to register the trailer AND apply for a title, she asked me for the title. Said I couldn’t register without a title. Once her supervisor got involved, took me about an hour in Florida. Florida allows you to register before taking possession so I had my tag when I went to take delivery.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape19 2016
BC is worried for good reason. Right now there's a big rig from Texas that has been in this RV park for about a month. They sure are taking their time getting to Alaska...
(meanwhile they could be infecting BC campers here)
Barb Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Casita SD
Doug2000. I am coming late to the game, but read with interest you adventure getting to Marathon, ON. I am curious, as I want (as soon as Canada opens up again) to take our small class C from the Soo around the northern side of Lake Superior... It seems to me that you quit just when the worst part of your drive to Thunder Bay was behind you (the gravel road). But after all, how bad can it be when you can look forward to a Tim Horton's in Nipigon? But seriously, how bad is the TransCanada from the Soo over to Thunder Bay?
Dkeen673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
We ordered the 19 footer early on purpose. At this point it has sat for 5 months for off gas and freshen up.
Hi: Doug2000... How's that delivery goin'!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 17B gen 2
Sorry to hear that you didn't get out west. I live in Thunder Bay and have travelled that highway many times. We actually just got back yesterday from a trip to Ottawa to visit a family member and there was more than usual construction especially between White River and Wawa. Thunder Bay to the Soo is a beautiful , but hilly drive though. Hard to believe you drive all day along the shore of a lake and not even get half way around it.
Doug ,at least you have light at the end of the tunnel for getting your trailer. The 17B we agreed to purchase in February and have a deposit on is located in the U.S. only 6 hours away but we have no idea when we can pick it up with the border closed and likely to stay that way for a while.....Oh well....
slateriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Hwys 17&11 the two Trans Canada routes through will be seeing a lot more traffic this summer, construction will slow things down, many campers and others who might otherwise go through the US to avoid northern ON will be staying in Canada.

I just tried booking a site at Blue Lake PP outside Vermilion Bay ON, there is only one site available today for the long August weekend.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Update

We got our trailer delivered to London along with another trailer going to Hamilton. We're very happy with it. I can't report I found any problems. Our first trip we took it out to Inverhuron Provincial Park , within a stones throw of the Bruce Nuclear Power Plant. I posted a pic to Instagram and Escape picked it up and reposted it.
Attached Thumbnails
ZEscapeTiki.jpg  
Old 07-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 17B gen 2
Nice picture . Lots of good times ahead! Looks like we will be finally getting our used 17B this weekend. Having a commercial carrier bring it across the border. Quite a hassle compared to just driving across and picking it up ourselves.
slateriver is offline   Reply With Quote