Traveling in October - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2016, 03:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Traveling in October

We would like to take a trip with our 21' Escape from Spokane, Wa. to Denver, Co. and Santa Fe, NM and back home during this month of Oct.

I'm concerned that we could run into freezing weather and would appreciate hearing, from anyone that has traveled or lives there, about past freezing problems in Oct.? If it is a concern, I wonder what precautions to take when traveling with our Escape thru freezing weather for a short time, like over a mountain pass. We have extra insulation & thermal windows.
ddeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We had snow in the high passes of the Rockies on I-80 the very end of Oct last fall. No big deal as the road itself was just wet. I had a 2ndary longer route planned should there be a major snow. Had also planned on waiting it out if needed, the roads are always cleared in a day or so.

I just kept an eye on the weather.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeg View Post
We would like to take a trip with our 21' Escape from Spokane, Wa. to Denver, Co. and Santa Fe, NM and back home during this month of Oct.

I'm concerned that we could run into freezing weather and would appreciate hearing, from anyone that has traveled or lives there, about past freezing problems in Oct.? If it is a concern, I wonder what precautions to take when traveling with our Escape thru freezing weather for a short time, like over a mountain pass. We have extra insulation & thermal windows.
Can't help you right now, in couple weeks. We are on our way to Chilliwack right now to pick up our 21. We live in upstate New York. Orientation is on the 12th, than we will stay a couple days at a nearby campground before heading back east over the Cascades and the Rockys. I think once we are in So. Dakota we'll be ok and get off the interstate and amble back home. But i do have and alternate route planned out in case i have to drop south to get over them.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote