Traveling Thru California during Lockdown - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Traveling Thru California during Lockdown

Left Arizona yesterday and arrived in 29 Palms California just outside of Joshua Tree. Traffic is definitely lighter than usual but will get a better feel for it today when we head to Bakersfield. No significant problems so far associated with travels in a locked down State. Interesting experience as we are totally self contained with our only outside contact being at self serve gas bars or to check in quickly at private RV facilities. Can also stay for a few hours naps at rest stops. If you use all of the trailers features, solar, propane etc. you really can isolate yourself. Interesting traveling in these times.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 ft
Have a safe trip home.

While we are not in a lock down in BC yet it is quiet in Victoria. I have not been downtown but have been told it is virtually a ghost town as many of the shops are closed. No cruise ship or tourists.

Yesterday I noticed the Coho still sailing. I just checked their website and it looks like they are going to continue to operate until March 30 to allow Americans and Canadians to return home. Their website indicates they will be shutdown from March 31 to April 30.

BC Ferries are still running but on a reduced schedule.

Hope you trip home is uneventful and you remain healthy.
RTRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
BTW CA is currently NOT in "lockdown" it is currently a far less restrictive "Safer In Place" .... however i predict we get to Lockdown very soon.

Just a heads up.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James View Post
Left Arizona yesterday and arrived in 29 Palms California just outside of Joshua Tree. Traffic is definitely lighter than usual but will get a better feel for it today when we head to Bakersfield. No significant problems so far associated with travels in a locked down State. Interesting experience as we are totally self contained with our only outside contact being at self serve gas bars or to check in quickly at private RV facilities. Can also stay for a few hours naps at rest stops. If you use all of the trailers features, solar, propane etc. you really can isolate yourself. Interesting traveling in these times.
I decided to also return from AZ back to Washington state. I opted to go thru Utah as the number of cases where a lot less then around the San Fran and LA areas. I see a lot of people in rigs and just in vehicles headed back to Alberta today, they where every second or third vehicle that passed me. Makes you wonder where the people in just the vehicles are coming from and what where they doing.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
BTW CA is currently NOT in "lockdown" it is currently a far less restrictive "Safer In Place" .... however i predict we get to Lockdown very soon.

Just a heads up.
Yes I suspect it is only a matter of days until things get more restrictive
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote