We may not be camping.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #21

Trailer: ?
Just received our official Reserve America cancellation and refund notice for a site we had reserved months ago in a Forest Service campground in CO for late May.
All campgrounds in the Rocky Mountain region are closed through the last day in May.

We have another reservation for early June. Hopefully.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
I remember driving down the Oregon Coast in spring 2010 after the 2008/9 meltdown and had the pick of any campsite I wanted, everything was empty. By September 2012 there wasn't a site to be had unless you had reserved so once this thing is over there maybe a couple of years of stress free camping on the horizon. On the other hand everyone might be so sick of being at home that camping will be on the cards for everyone!
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #23

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
On the other hand everyone might be so sick of being at home that camping will be on the cards for everyone!
Barry
There’s a lot of speculation about what will happen as the countries are opened. In Europe and China where the effort has begun, customers and employees are often staying home. Restaurants and shops are
opened but largely empty. Many people are still afraid of getting sick.

Some are convinced that money and not their health drives what the government is saying. Imagine that

As for us, we know of some great remote boondocking sites in CO and UT. As soon as the stay-at-home orders are lifted we’re out of here.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Send a message via MSN to ridinbarney Send a message via Yahoo to ridinbarney
Hi, I'm in Atascadero, have a new to me 2015 19' and have lots of questions. I am really stumped on how the heck to post on this site. I' m probably missing something really simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Clem
ridinbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:08 AM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbarney View Post
Hi, I'm in Atascadero, have a new to me 2015 19' and have lots of questions. I am really stumped on how the heck to post on this site. I' m probably missing something really simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Clem

Hi Clem

Click on FORUMS tab near the top
Scroll down till you see a forum name that sounds like where you want to post and click on it's name
Look for and click on the New Thread button
Enter a Title and a Message, hit the Submit New Thread button towards the bottom
Old 04-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Send a message via MSN to ridinbarney Send a message via Yahoo to ridinbarney
Awesome. Thanks Bob.
ridinbarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
rivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It is hard for me to fathom the rivers up where you are running north vs running south which always seemed the normal below the border.... interesting. I'm aware of the east west divide, is the north south up there by Banff? I recall seeing a read sign back in 2000 when driving the Banf something about the continental divide, or was that a continuation of the east /west?
LOL come to central 10-ah-see..you can camp along the Cumberland or the Tennessee rivers as they flow southwards, then westward, across the state, and then northward into western KY. The smokies are beautiful, but alot of folks do like camping in Land between the Lakes areas.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:31 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
LOL come to central 10-ah-see..you can camp along the Cumberland or the Tennessee rivers as they flow southwards, then westward, across the state, and then northward into western KY. The smokies are beautiful, but alot of folks do like camping in Land between the Lakes areas.
We camped on the Tennessee river last month at Pickwick Dam, right near the MS/AL line. We also visited Paducah KY where the river meets the Ohio. Through TN it runs basically straight north even a bit east. We'd love to get to the Land Between the Lakes area but haven't yet.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We camped on the Tennessee river last month at Pickwick Dam, right near the MS/AL line. We also visited Paducah KY where the river meets the Ohio. Through TN it runs basically straight north even a bit east. We'd love to get to the Land Between the Lakes area but haven't yet.
Add LBL to my bucket list also.........
Old 04-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #30

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
TN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Add LBL to my bucket list also.........
Add Indian Boundary , Yarbury, and Douglas Headwaters & Roan Mtn to yer check it out list.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Paducah KY is the home of the national quilt museum which is worth a look see if you like history or quilts.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #32

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Paducah KY is the home of the national quilt museum which is worth a look see if you like history or quilts.
That's why we stopped there. Beth spent a couple of hours at the museum while I walked around the waterfront reading all the very interesting and well done murals depicting the history of the area.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote