We're on the road again - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We're on the road again

It's been too long since Terry and I have traveled in our Escape 19. Life happened -- good things, but they kept us on planes and trains instead of in our trailer. However, we are once again on the road and I put up my first blog post the other day. If anyone is interested you can follow the blog.

https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com/

It's the first time we've been able to camp in the off season and it's great -- campgrounds are mostly empty and we're meeting people who love the outdoors.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
safe travels. after reading your blog, it's clear you're charmed. gas and dinner? way to go.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Ruthe
Where are you at and where are you going? Coming to Iowa?
Iowa Dave
Old 03-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #4

Not this time. We're taking the southern route to Joshua Tree, CA -- presently we're in Mississippi where it is t-shirt weather. I just put away the down jackets.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I hear you Ruthe, we're in New Orleans today and it was really hot here too! Got back to our campground (Judes RV travel park) and lo and behold an Escape 21 parked four sites down from New Jersey, the class in this place just keeps going up!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Got back to our campground (Judes RV travel park) and lo and behold an Escape 21 parked four sites down from New Jersey, the class in this place just keeps going up!
Not many Escapes hailing from NJ. I wonder if it’s viator36 (Jake)? Blue graphics with a blue Ford Ranger tow?
Old 03-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #7

So it turns out of course that libraries are closed and that is where I usually write my blog posts. We are in Los Cruces NM in a nice KOA and we barely got a spot. People seem to be flocking to campgrounds. It's a strange time to be traveling. We have had a lot of rain and although the sun comes out occasionally, I'm sitting in a shelter wearing my down jacket. After traveling every day or every other day for two weeks we're cleaning the trailer and waiting for some good weather so we can see a thing or two. We just took apart the Maxi fan. The other day we took apart our stove because the knob on one burner wasn't working and it turned out the stove needed a cleaning and an adjustment. At one point our frig was working but kept beeping on propane and on battery. A slight adjustment to the propane hood fixed that but we don't understand why the battery would have been affected. Anyhow, now it works.

Stay well,
Ruth
Old 03-18-2020, 05:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Great stuff, great travels ahead, Ruthie! (Bet that was Jake.)
Old 03-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
We are in Los Cruces NM in a nice KOA and we barely got a spot.
Ruth
I stayed overnight in that KOA a few weeks ago, heading west. It does seem nice; I wish I could have stayed longer. It was raining on me as well. I hope you have a good trip in spite of what is happening now.

Mike L.
in Portland but starting for home tomorrow.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #10

I sat in the picnic area near the office in order to put the blog together. It was very slow internet. It seems like a lot of snow birds are heading home. This is a strange time to be doing anything, but not too much is different in the campgrounds.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:19 PM   #11

We have arrived at our daughter's home in Joshua Tree. Arizona State Parks are still open and it seems like they might stay open but one never knows. We stayed a few nights at Catalina State Park outside of Tucson -- we were lucky to get a spot. If we could have found a spot for two weeks we might have done it. It's a great place. We took a beautiful walk. Bathrooms are the cleanest we've ever seen. Sites are mostly large. From there we went to Parker, Az to Buckskin Mt. State Park. It is on the Colorado River -- nice park, with hiking trails that we didn't use and lots of empty grassy areas near the river. Our site was great except that the first day there was a smell of sewer gas from the small treatment area. We had read on tripadvisor about that and were assured when we made reservations that site #12 -- our site -- would not smell bad. Unfortunately when the wind blows the wrong way so does the odor. It's really too bad because we liked the park and site #12 was large and set back with a view. We will be hunkering down now. I think we're better off here than back east.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:47 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Lets just hope you did not bring the east with you to the west....stay healthy and enjoy.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
You shouldn't be traveling. Nobody should.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #14

Liked this

The enemy is inside the wire.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The enemy is inside the wire.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... The enemy "Is" us!!! Envio us? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #16

Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... The enemy "Is" us!!! Envio us? Alf
I was raised not to envy anyone and to also read Little Abner by Al Capp and well remember Pogo down in the corner of a panel with the bubble saying “We have seen the enemy and they are us.” Instead, like many, I have spent my life attempting to make a sufficient living and making public areas better for everyone who uses them. The final upshot then was to decide that in retirement I did not pursue continued contact with all but a very few work contacts and divorced myself from commenting on policy or operation of previous responsibilities. That’s not to say that I don’t like being social as you well know. I’ll even drive
1600 miles miles round trip to tip a cold one and eat dessert with a Canadian. See you in September, hope it’s not by Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or any of that kid stuff I don’t unnerstand.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #17

I just posted to my blog. We are in Joshua Tree for the duration. Some of you may be following the thread my husband started about the gray water overflow. That had to rank as one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life. Just thinking about what it could have done to the trailer gives me hives. Knock on wood, all seems well.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:45 AM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
You shouldn't be traveling. Nobody should.
I’m not sure traveling is the issue here. Sheltering at home is the issue which essentially means avoiding contact with others, or as it is termed, socially distancing. Where anyone chooses to socially distance, as long as it is not in “someone else’s face,” is just that, their choice. What if someone wishes to travel many miles (or kilometers) to their isolated cabin to avoid COVID-19? Although probably low odds of it, one could conceivably contract COVID-19 from a piece of mail or a home food delivery. Any motorized, enclosed vehicle or RV is essentially a home, maybe not sticks and bricks. Consider the homeless people who live in their cars or fulltime RVers. I would therefore be inclined to consider “absolute” statements to be somewhat of an overreach. Traveling in a vehicle or in an RV would seem to me to be far less dangerous and irresponsible (MY opinion) than the pastors who insist on holding indoor religious services with large congregations in these times, and the people who insist on attending these services. Some here may disagree.

I, like many here, am not overjoyed with the current situation. My summer travel plans are likely down the toilet. I live in Florida because I do not like snow and cold, but I hate its summer heat and humidity. But I have chosen to sit and sweat it out. Truly, the issue here is NOT TO PUT OTHERS IN JEOPARDY if you must travel. Follow CDC guidelines and maintain distances.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post

I just posted to my blog. We are in Joshua Tree for the duration. Some of you may be following the thread my husband started about the gray water overflow. That had to rank as one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life. Just thinking about what it could have done to the trailer gives me hives. Knock on wood, all seems well.
Hi: Ruthe... We are in Lock down mode. Take out food only @ restaurants, and the "Powers to be" just ordered the shut down of Hardware stores. No more "Hunny do list jobs", that require parts. What's open... what's not is keeping us HOME!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1030936.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Traveling in a vehicle or in an RV would seem to me to be far less dangerous and irresponsible (MY opinion) than the pastors who insist on holding indoor religious services with large congregations.

Agree. Or head to a spring break beach party.

Truly, the issue here is NOT TO PUT OTHERS IN JEOPARDY if you must travel. Follow CDC guidelines and maintain distances.[/QUOTE]
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote