Your ideas on good delivery area mid-USA - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
Oh hell go get it lol we drove all the way from maine on the canadian border to chiliwack.......took 9 days out 17 back. Going out we spent two days at niagara falls. Trip of a lifetime, we still talk about the summer of 2018 in out 5.0TA
Really wanted to go the entire trip, but wasn't sure when states would open. Sounds like some national parks, Yellowstone, closed for rest of year. I'd hate to drive past them being closed. So we will check off Colorado and a few bucket list sites on the way home.

We've been to Yellowstone several times, but want to camp that area one day.
I know your pick up trip had to be awesome!
Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
We plan to pu our 5.0 in Golorado Springs in late July. Estimate quote is $1149 US. Thought it would be better than driving to BC because we can RV in Colorado after pick up. I think this is pretty routine for ETI but they couldn't give me a definite location or time, yet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one!
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyK View Post
We plan to pu our 5.0 in Golorado Springs in late July. Estimate quote is $1149 US. Thought it would be better than driving to BC because we can RV in Colorado after pick up. I think this is pretty routine for ETI but they couldn't give me a definite location or time, yet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one!
Exactly what we thought! You'll be a few weeks before us... maybe we can compare notes.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #24

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
You might be able to pick out a parking lot from google map to meet the truck. Maybe a truck stop lot right off a highway.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
I hope they can deliver it right to our chosen campground, but that may be too much to ask. At least it's right off the highway. thanks.
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyK View Post
I hope they can deliver it right to our chosen campground, but that may be too much to ask. At least it's right off the highway. thanks.
You need a shopping center or someplace with a very large parking lot as the trailer delivery unit is very long. Don't forget a cash tip for the driver.......he has been eating truck stop food for days..........
Old 08-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #27

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Go View Post
Hello again!

Now thinking of splitting the difference between going all the way to Chilliwack from Georgia. Instead, maybe taking delivery in the rate zone of $599 to $1299 or a little more or less.
Did you ever make a decision? Ours won't be ready until end of October, but we were considering either going all the way to Sumas, or having it delivered to Rapid City. That time of year the campground list gets smaller as they shut down for the colder weather, although at least one of the Custer State Parks are sill open early November.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 escape 5.0 coming soon
Ours will be complete Oct 26 so we plan on picking up the first week of November. We have asked to pick up in Cheyenne Wyoming. They said it could be within 2 hours of our requested location. Knowing that they sometimes load more than one on a flatbed trailer for deliver, I wonder if they would give us a deal if we picked the same pick up location. Just an idea
almuzyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Did you ever make a decision? Ours won't be ready until end of October, but we were considering either going all the way to Sumas, or having it delivered to Rapid City. That time of year the campground list gets smaller as they shut down for the colder weather, although at least one of the Custer State Parks are sill open early November.
We decided on Denver. Will get it next week. Can fill you in later with the full story on how it worked out. Excited to get a road trip in. Didn't want to travel past Yellowstone and other parks that we heard were closed. Sooooo happy with Denver compromise. Plenty to see and do. Just nervous to be so far from home with fear of complications.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by almuzyka View Post
Knowing that they sometimes load more than one on a flatbed trailer for deliver, I wonder if they would give us a deal if we picked the same pick up location. Just an idea
Our friends are getting theirs about 10 days ahead of us and they asked that question. In the old days the answer was yes, but with the special pricing you get the new price whether there's one or two campers on the trailer.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:04 PM   #31

Quote:
We decided on Denver. Will get it next week. Can fill you in later with the full story on how it worked out. Excited to get a road trip in. Didn't want to travel past Yellowstone and other parks that we heard were closed. Sooooo happy with Denver compromise. Plenty to see and do. Just nervous to be so far from home with fear of complications.
Good luck and have fun with your new Escape! We are traveling from GA also. I guess Denver was at or below the $1299 maximum they show?
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Good luck and have fun with your new Escape! We are traveling from GA also. I guess Denver was at or below the $1299 maximum they show?
I believe our Georgia quote was $2599
Denver was $1099
Soooo we are enjoying the savings on our trip.
Win/win
Old 08-09-2020, 06:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I planning on picking mine up in the 599 zone. I can let you know how it works out in a few weeks.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I am expecting a November delivery on a Escape 19. I'm new to RVing and a little cautious, so I was wondering if anyone is getting an independent inspector to check out their new Escape before delivery. Also has anyone heard of toxic gases associated with the new trailers?
Letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #35

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsdothis View Post
I am expecting a November delivery on a Escape 19. I'm new to RVing and a little cautious, so I was wondering if anyone is getting an independent inspector to check out their new Escape before delivery. Also has anyone heard of toxic gases associated with the new trailers?

some owners let them sit 30 days to let the fiberglass smell dissolve and other pick them up right away. They will give you free storage up to 90 days. I just chose my completion date a mouth before we had planned to pick up. as far as inspection I not sure what good that would do you. With the border closed you trailer will be 100% paid for before you see it.The good news is there seems to very few problems and some of them minor. We chose to put are faith in Escape to deliver a exceptional product. We have not took delivery on trailer yet so I cant comment on that. With there warranty most problems can be handled on a local RV dealer.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #36

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:

Have you decided where in Denver? I would suggest the old Mile High Stadium now called Empower Field. The Denver Broncos stadium parking lot. It is big and in central downtown. It is right off of I-25 and I-70. You can go in any direction there on an Interstate hwy!

Just don't do it in rush hour. If you are headed into the mountains, there are many areas along I-70 out of the busy downtown that would allow you to start without traffic. Make sure you adjust your electric brake assist before entering the mountains. Floyd hill is 20 miles in and the first really big downhill section. You want them working properly before that hill.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:33 AM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Have you decided where in Denver? I would suggest the old Mile High Stadium now called Empower Field. The Denver Broncos stadium parking lot. It is big and in central downtown. It is right off of I-25 and I-70. You can go in any direction there on an Interstate hwy!
The delivery driver decides where. The delivery is coordinated with another company using a roll-back truck to get the trailer on the ground.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:10 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post

Just don't do it in rush hour. If you are headed into the mountains, there are many areas along I-70 out of the busy downtown that would allow you to start without traffic. Make sure you adjust your electric brake assist before entering the mountains. Floyd hill is 20 miles in and the first really big downhill section. You want them working properly before that hill.
Maybe not the best of choices. The City of Denver has their Virus testing set up in that parking lot. Unless you might want to do both?
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #39

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I withdraw the suggestion.

Good grief!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #40

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
Oh hell go get it lol we drove all the way from maine on the canadian border to chiliwack.......took 9 days out 17 back. Going out we spent two days at niagara falls. Trip of a lifetime, we still talk about the summer of 2018 in out 5.0TA
Trip of a lifetime...pre-Covid. Now maybe not so much with closures and such...
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote