Your ideas on good delivery area mid-USA - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #41

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Got the generic letter from Karl; "Time to think about booking your trailer delivery or collection", so I put down for delivery in Sumas late October (completion date 20 Oct). Hopefully that will work out well, if not then I might change it to delivery in Montana or Rapid City, SD.
As long as we don't have an early winter I'm hoping we can have an enjoyable trip even as some of the campgrounds up North will be closed or closing by then.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #42

Trailer: 2023 E19
We are having a 17B delivered to SC. The paperwork I signed with ETI states that the trailer will be delivered to within 90 miles of my home. It seems that the exact location will be determined by the transporter.

How are some of you able to specify an exact location?

I was hoping to have it delivered within a few miles of my home, since it's costing me $2,599 for delivery.
Corgbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #43

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogndogz View Post
We are having a 17B delivered to SC. The paperwork I signed with ETI states that the trailer will be delivered to within 90 miles of my home. It seems that the exact location will be determined by the transporter.

How are some of you able to specify an exact location?

I was hoping to have it delivered within a few miles of my home, since it's costing me $2,599 for delivery.
Not sure anyone can specify an "exact point" these days, as they will need a large lot capable of backing the long delivery trailer up to a tilt bed trailer for offloading, plus the tilt-bed trailer's location probably will determine the radius of where they can do it.

You may be able to find someone with a tilt bed truck in your area that you could recommend to Escape. They will have to find someone and may not know the area as well as you.

You could always follow us to Sumas since GA and SC are neighbors.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #44

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I take it the days of to the home delivery are gone?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #45

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
delivery? LOL

We had planned to pick up in laaaate May at Lead Dog Motorsports in Lk Havasu AZ. The truck broke down in S Phoenix delivering another trailer..the day b4..they called and we 'high-tailed' it from Oatman AZ, across the desert and into S Phoenix in time to pick up the E21 in a dusty parking lot..not a great or auspicios start..but we were going to see family in Scottsdale anyways..so we added 2 days to our camping at pretty, near-empty(3 campers), but dry McDowell Mtn Park nearby...whoooeeee it was HOT, but we did get to visit two sets of folks while in the area..then we camped our way home thru Sedona and points east..to TN, over the nest 3 weeks. I wd rather have picked it up in Lk Havasu at the LDMS shop an gotten an orientation..& camped a nite or 2 nearby. but....welll..it all worked out. Lotta stuff just not open.
I'd votye for Lk haavasu AZ or Phoenix...but who TH knows if the rioters will spare Phoenix
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Not sure anyone can specify an "exact point" these days, as they will need a large lot capable of backing the long delivery trailer up to a tilt bed trailer for offloading, plus the tilt-bed trailer's location probably will determine the radius of where they can do it.

You may be able to find someone with a tilt bed truck in your area that you could recommend to Escape. They will have to find someone and may not know the area as well as you.

You could always follow us to Sumas since GA and SC are neighbors.
Thanks for the offer to follow, but I don't find the drive appealing since both the border & ETI are currently closed. It would have been nice to be able to see BC.
Have a safe trip.
Corgbee is offline   Reply With Quote