10 random questions about some build sheet details - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #61

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This reminds me of when Lisa did a little cleanup on the hardwood at the bottom of the stairs with one of those quick grab type pre-wetted clean up cloths, BUT instead accidentally used a furniture polish one. Yeah, I did swear a bit on the landing. Even our dog at the time did a few wipe outs before Lisa stripped it off.

Hey it can happen to the best of us, especially those that put Baileys in their coffee. :-)

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Hey it can happen to the best of us, especially those that put Baileys in their coffee. :-)

Cheers
Doug
Folks like that deserve it more.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #63

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Any color will look good with a silver or gray. If you have two silvers that do not match, however, hard to say whether that will be noticeable to anyone but you.
An "almost" match can be problematic. My suggestion would be to go for either complementary (such as a metallic grey which is distinctly darker than the silver but goes with it) or exactly matching (a painted stripe using paint matched to the 4Runner paint code, repainted to match the next tow vehicle if the trailer is kept longer than the tug).

On the other hand, the vast majority of rigs are not matched in any way and that's fine.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #64

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
#10, I had 4 extra 12v outlets installed, as you can never have too many.
Jim, We had no 12V outlets, and I installed one for a little travel TV. Just curious what all you use your multiple 12V outlets for. Maybe we're missing out on other cool 12V stuff we need to get! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #65

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I used two for 12v televisions located in 2 locations, one was used for awning light and weather radio, another one used for charging iPads and i phones, and another one was available for other uses. Don't forget, the Escape is a little bigger than the EggCamper, I had one, called "NestEgg" and put in 3 extra there, one for plug in led lights, one for the weather radio and one for charging.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #66

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
War Eagle:

12 Volt Appliances at RoadTrucker.com

(not a recommendation, just the first site that google kicked up).
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #67

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
War Eagle: 12 Volt Appliances at RoadTrucker.com
(not a recommendation, just the first site that google kicked up).
Ooooh!! A 12V popcorn popper! Way cool!! I think I just found my wife's next birthday present!! Shhhhh. Don't anyone tell her!!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #68

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Ooooh!! A 12V popcorn popper! Way cool!! I think I just found my wife's next birthday present!! Shhhhh. Don't anyone tell her!!
"Would you like a generator with that"?
Old 05-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #69

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
After doing the 19 top to bottom a couple of weeks ago, I sure hear you on the increase in surface area you encountered with the 5.0 TA.
I had enough after getting the 19 done.
Yes, we washed our 21 two days ago, then waxed about 2/3, and we'd had enough. Went back and finished yesterday.

Consumer Reports rated the Nu-Finish paste as somewhat more durable, and more compatible with plastics then the Nu-Finish liquid. They also said that pastes in general were slightly easier to apply – just the opposite of what I would have guessed. I bought two cans (14 oz. each) as I couldn't believe that one little can would be enough for what seemed like nearly an acre of area. But one can would have nearly done it.

It was easier than I expected to wipe it on over a few square feet, then a minute or so later a few swipes to wipe it off, with no real buffing. But for some reason, it got harder and harder the more square feet we did.

Over the next month, we'll get a better idea of how it holds up over about 3,000 miles+, as we go to Osoyoos, then on to Jasper and Banff. Should be easy for a finish that advertised to last a year. Even with easy application, it was enough work that it can't last too long for us.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:03 AM   #70

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M. View Post
Yes, we washed our 21 two days ago, then waxed about 2/3, and we'd had enough. Went back and finished yesterday.

Consumer Reports rated the Nu-Finish paste as somewhat more durable, and more compatible with plastics then the Nu-Finish liquid. They also said that pastes in general were slightly easier to apply – just the opposite of what I would have guessed. I bought two cans (14 oz. each) as I couldn't believe that one little can would be enough for what seemed like nearly an acre of area. But one can would have nearly done it.

It was easier than I expected to wipe it on over a few square feet, then a minute or so later a few swipes to wipe it off, with no real buffing. But for some reason, it got harder and harder the more square feet we did.

Over the next month, we'll get a better idea of how it holds up over about 3,000 miles+, as we go to Osoyoos, then on to Jasper and Banff. Should be easy for a finish that advertised to last a year. Even with easy application, it was enough work that it can't last too long for us.
yes please report back.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote