10 random questions about some build sheet details - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Pat, not sure they are talking about graphics. May mean vinyl items.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Pat, not sure they are talking about graphics. May mean vinyl items.
Thanks Cathy still confused , maybe I can talk to Meguiar's . Are you the forum member that uses 303 ? Our graphics are teal like Myron's . I also liked red but my daughter said I would have to worry about fading more especially since we have to keep outside . The graphics still look good but we want to keep traiter looking good .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:51 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thanks Cathy still confused , maybe I can talk to Meguiar's . Are you the forum member that uses 303 ? Our graphics are teal like Myron's . I also liked red but my daughter said I would have to worry about fading more especially since we have to keep outside . The graphics still look good but we want to keep traiter looking good .Pat
Yes, we use 303. It is pretty much the opposite of wax because it is a matte finish so it will not shine up the trailer as wax does. We use it for the UV inhibitor. If you want a great shine, need something else. Also cannot put it over any wax. It doesn't bother us not to look like wax. 303 is supposed to be easier to put on.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:15 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, we use 303. It is pretty much the opposite of wax because it is a matte finish so it will not shine up the trailer as wax does. We use it for the UV inhibitor. If you want a great shine, need something else. Also cannot put it over any wax. It doesn't bother us not to look like wax. 303 is supposed to be easier to put on.
Thanks Cathy . I never have put wax on graphics because of directions on bottle , I was thinking of using the 303 for the graphics . I still would like Meguiar's to clarify their directions . Sure would be easier to just wax everything . Pat
Old 05-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Donna , Gregg also ,I went out to read label of my wax . Marine, RV Meguiar's pure wax, 56 . On the back it say's keep off vinyl and rubber areas . I use the Gel Gloss to wash trailer . The Meguiar's is saying it is a Carnauba Blend . I have Nu Finish also I could use . What do you think ? Pat

I had been wanting to try Nu Finish for awhile now so this morning I started early and washed the trailer. Had a quick bite of lunch, BSed with the neighbour then attacked the trailer with a brand new bottle of said product in hand. Started at the top with the AC and then worked my way down. 3 hours later with my arms dragging on the ground with no feeling I was done and the trailer looks great.
I also did the inside shower which also looks fantastic now, only regret was doing the floor, wow is that ever slippery with socks on.
Cleaned all the glass then applied a coat of RainX, cleaned up and now it looks like it's going to rain[emoji17]

All said I think I have found a new favourite product for the trailer. I also discovered how much more surface area the 5.0TA has then my last and loved 19.

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
I had been wanting to try Nu Finish for awhile now so this morning I started early and washed the trailer. Had a quick bite of lunch, BSed with the neighbour then attacked the trailer with a brand new bottle of said product in hand. Started at the top with the AC and then worked my way down. 3 hours later with my arms dragging on the ground with no feeling I was done and the trailer looks great.
I also did the inside shower which also looks fantastic now, only regret was doing the floor, wow is that ever slippery with socks on.
Cleaned all the glass then applied a coat of RainX, cleaned up and now it looks like it's going to rain[emoji17]

All said I think I have found a new favourite product for the trailer. I also discovered how much more surface area the 5.0TA has then my last and loved 19.

Cheers
Doug
Hi Doug , some questions . Did you use the liquid or paste Nu-finish ? How about going over your graphics ? Better to use 303 or put the Nu-finish . I am the 2 nd owner of my truck . The fellow I purchased it from only used Nu-finish and that was what he recommended . My truck is white and a oldie but a great truck . I try to keep it looking good . Thanks Pat
Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #47

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
I also discovered how much more surface area the 5.0TA has then my last and loved 19.

Cheers
Doug
I made the same discovery when I did mine as compared to my old 20' stick trailer. Having to do the roof sure makes a difference. Not all that easy to reach the center of the roof peak from the ladder.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Hi Doug , some questions . Did you use the liquid or paste Nu-finish ? How about going over your graphics ? Better to use 303 or put the Nu-finish . I am the 2 nd owner of my truck . The fellow I purchased it from only used Nu-finish and that was what he recommended . My truck is white and a oldie but a great truck . I try to keep it looking good . Thanks Pat

Hi Pat I used the liquid and went over everything including the vinyl graphics and it all looks nice. The Nu Finish is much easier to use then the paste wax I used to use and sure leaves a nice shine.

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #49

Looks beautiful!
Don't remind me. We need to do ours.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Hi Pat I used the liquid and went over everything including the vinyl graphics and it all looks nice. The Nu Finish is much easier to use then the paste wax I used to use and sure leaves a nice shine.

Cheers
Doug
Wow your trailer sure came out looking nice ! I am going to do mine too with Nu-finish . I will get the liquid . Nice thing is it is less expensive then the 3 m . Thanks Doug ! Pat
Old 05-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #51

Quote:
Wow your trailer sure came out looking nice ! I am going to do mine too with Nu-finish . I will get the liquid . Nice thing is it is less expensive then the 3 m . Thanks Doug ! Pat

Don't do the bathroom floor [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

Cheers
Doug
This reminds me of when Lisa did a little cleanup on the hardwood at the bottom of the stairs with one of those quick grab type pre-wetted clean up cloths, BUT instead accidentally used a furniture polish one. Yeah, I did swear a bit on the landing. Even our dog at the time did a few wipe outs before Lisa stripped it off.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #53

Quote:

Cheers
Doug
Don't worry I won't ! Pat
Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Looks great Doug. I've used Nufinish on my cars and trailers for decades. It sure feels great to have it done, and drink beer(s) while admiring the shine.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Looks great Doug. I've used Nufinish on my cars and trailers for decades. It sure feels great to have it done, and drink beer(s) while admiring the shine.

I'm currently sipping a rye, using my left arm.
:-)
Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #56

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
After doing the 19 top to bottom a couple of weeks ago, I sure hear you on the increase in surface area you encountered with the 5.0 TA.
I had enough after getting the 19 done.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #57

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:

Cheers
Doug
Doug:
is that the silver on your trailer graphics? Am trying to decide between silver & black. Wondering if the silver is metallic silver or just a different shade of gray? BTW, beautiful shine. Thanks!
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Doug:
is that the silver on your trailer graphics? Am trying to decide between silver & black. Wondering if the silver is metallic silver or just a different shade of gray? BTW, beautiful shine. Thanks!

No the graphics are dark grey, we had them on our 19 also. Just kind of like how they go with the privacy glass.

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #59

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thanks! Have silver 4runner so silver would look good I think?
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Thanks! Have silver 4runner so silver would look good I think?
Any color will look good with a silver or gray. If you have two silvers that do not match, however, hard to say whether that will be noticeable to anyone but you.